21.09.09 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At Emmy Awards?

Due to popular demand *winks* Leighton Meester has been added to this poll. I really disliked the look but a lot of you seemed to like it.

Credit: Wireimage

My Interview With Becki Newton Backstage @ Brian Reyes

My Interview With Becki Newton Backstage @ Brian Reyes

In Olivia Palmero's Closet - Matthew Williamson Zig-Zag Crepe Dress

In Olivia Palmero’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Zig-Zag Crepe Dress

37 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At Emmy Awards?

1. eder September 21, 2009 at 17:17 #

I’m between January and Olvia… It’s hard to choose one.. but I go with January.

2. Makram September 21, 2009 at 17:32 #

drew barrymore and leighton meester look amazing in their gowns !
    they both should win !

3. Smile September 21, 2009 at 17:39 #

defintely January Jones, i was :O when i saw the emmys, but i would of got stuck if Christina Applegate was on there.

4. Jen September 21, 2009 at 17:40 #

Tough choice. I loved January, but… I gave it to Sandra. She totally blew me away, it’s the best I’ve ever seen her look.

5. Erin September 21, 2009 at 17:42 #

January! No contest.

Olivia is so pretty – but she looks like a mermaid/iceskater, and not in the good way.

6. Regina September 21, 2009 at 17:42 #

Where is Mila Kunis?(((
    i am between Olivia and Jennifer……..

7. Erika September 21, 2009 at 17:49 #

Oh January.. this woman is just pure perfection! FC, do you watch Mad Men because if not, you should really give it a try ;) It’s full of wonderful 60′s dresses..

• Fashion Critic September 21, 2009 at 18:04 #

I never know when it’s on in the UK. I have to check it out on DVD.

8. Leti September 21, 2009 at 17:51 #

Debra Messing!

9. Hellwafashion September 21, 2009 at 17:52 #

January Jones looks really stunning but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Gualiana Rancic look this good. She wins for me, cos she just looks so beautiful.

10. Maria September 21, 2009 at 17:54 #

Oh, I miss Jen Love Hewitt on the list!! She was my fav!!

11. georgie apt September 21, 2009 at 17:56 #

Great selection and very hard to choose! Would have preferred to see Debra Messing up here instead of Giuliana; she looks good but it’s a pretty boring look tbh.
    My vote goes to Olivia – wow!
    2nd would go to Jennifer Carpenter and joint 3rd Blake and Drew
    It would have been Rose Byrne but her hair is a big disappointment for me!

12. Jules O'C September 21, 2009 at 18:25 #

Jennifer’s body (hihi – just noticed the coincidence) is just AM-AZ-ING. (rachelzoespeaking) just BA-NA-NAS
    Like, I die
    ok stop it silly
    so she was my choice tho I am intrigued by literally everythign January does & wears
    off-topic – I agree you HAVE to check out MadMen!
    awesome bonus material on the dvds
    and then go and look at michael Kors for Céline Fall 2004 & his 2008 fall collection again (it was inspired by MadMen and he’s an avid fan)
    plus – I wanted to share what I just saw like a minute ago
    I’ve been looking at pics since 1 in the morning
    and I didn’t notice our Snow Hwite & Rose Red
    almost exact opposites
    that is what I call bff-power-dressing
    LOVE IT!

13. Ally September 21, 2009 at 18:55 #

Had to go with Jennifer Carpenter b/c I just love the beading detail, but January Jones is a close second. I like the front of Olivia’s dress but the back is so completely horrible; the exposed zipper trend needs to leave with the black booties.

14. Katie September 21, 2009 at 18:56 #

Olivia Wilde…really? REALLY?! Whoever voted for her look deserves to have their voting privileges revoked.

15. justme September 21, 2009 at 19:34 #

It’s a tie between Olivia, Sandra and Leighton. I can’t decide lol.

16. Alexandra September 21, 2009 at 20:21 #

Olivia all the way. This Marchesa dress is outstanding.

17. Dorian Gray September 21, 2009 at 20:53 #

January Jones is in ATELIER Versace (I read it on Versace official FB account and brand new Twitter account) Thanks for posting all there dresses, a very hard job!
    ps. wht didn’t u put Jane Krakowski?

• Fashion Critic September 21, 2009 at 21:00 #

Covering an event like the Emmy’s is very expensive. I have to pay for every picture, so I’m only willing to pay for big stars or stars wearing something I feel passionate about – positive or negative.

• Dorian Gray September 21, 2009 at 21:19 #

You’re right FC, and Jane Krakowski’s dress wasn’t a Versace with big “V” like the others. Thanks 4 your work, this site is so wonderful! If u want sign yourself to FB and Twitter Versace official accounts ;-)

18. Joanna September 21, 2009 at 21:00 #

January and Leighton were amazing

19. Karyn September 21, 2009 at 21:08 #

honestky, I think Drew’s dress is a lot like the one Penelope wore at the Oscars a few years ago. (cant remember when, sorry)

20. Flora September 21, 2009 at 21:30 #

I would have liked to see Ginnifer Goodwin on here, the rich purple/ fuschia colour of her dress was just beautiful. My second vote goes to Sandra Oh. She looks great, and the dress is just a perfect awards ceremony dress: simple and classy, not frou-frou.

I usually like what Olivia Wilde wears, but I don’t like this at all. I don’t like dresses with cut-outs that expose skin: too tacky, even on Olivia.

21. Rhys September 21, 2009 at 22:08 #

The Emmy’s this year were collectively strong, in the sense that most people looked good (which lets face it makes a change) I don’t think there were any complete WOW moments. It was all pretty and nice but nothing that made me super excited.

Having said that I do think Drew Barrymore looks so stunning, fresh and radiant. And I loved Christina Applegate! Think Blake Lively looks trashy as opposed to sexy but that’s just me.

22. Lexa September 21, 2009 at 23:27 #

Rose Byrne :)
    but my personal best dressed would be Ginnifer Goodwin :)

23. Maggie September 21, 2009 at 23:56 #

I pretty much fell off my chair when I saw January Jones – her dress is a revelation and reminds of so much of Cate Blanchett’s nude/metal dress a few years back when she was promoting Good German – the label escapes me.

Sooo hard – January or Olivia?? Le sigh..

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2009 at 07:06 #

OMG, you are so right re: Cate.

I was thinking that moment felt familiar.

Thanks so much for your comment.

24. Mackentiff September 22, 2009 at 00:35 #

January Jones. She’s looks incredible. I loved Alyson Hannigan in Vera Wang too, even tho she didn’t make the list.

25. Rebecca September 22, 2009 at 00:59 #

Olivia Wilde’s dress may be beautiful from the front, but the back is the most awful thing ever – check out the pic at http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/09/21/january-jones-olivia-wilde-emmy-gowns/

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2009 at 07:01 #

Hmmm…not so flattering from the back I agree.

I wonder why they didn’t give it a side zip like someone else had suggested in another post.

26. jay September 22, 2009 at 01:17 #

1. olivia
    2. january
    3. jennifer carpenter
    without question

27. Nicole September 22, 2009 at 05:07 #

January’s dress was amazing, Olivia also looked great. I love Leighton’s look minus the cuffs. I think that Blake, as ALWAYS, looks TERRIBLE. At the very least she is extremely overrated. This is way too revealing and her hair is awful. The dress, but for once not her hair, is a mess. I must say her face looks prettier than usual- I do not think Blake is the hot beauty other people think she is.
    Also, I liked Lindsey Price’s purple dress which I dont believe was posted

28. Adrien September 22, 2009 at 10:11 #

Jennifer Carpenter… don’t know the girl but she’s got style!!! Love the mermaid dress…

29. Victoria September 22, 2009 at 10:15 #

If I could, I would vote for Olivia, Jennifer, January and Rose. But alas, it’s only one vote so my vote goes to Rose! :D

30. zoe September 22, 2009 at 20:04 #

rose byrne all the way! january’s bodice was just a tad too futuristic for me. she looked stunning but i’m liking rose’s look so much better. and i would have picked olivia but the back of her dress was supposedly not as great as the front.

31. Lisa September 23, 2009 at 00:12 #

I’m shocked! usually I enjoy the polls, but this time there was barely anything that interested me!
    In a poll of the Emmys I wouldn’t have included Drew, Blake, Leighton, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Carpenter, or Christina Hendricks.

Instead I loved Debra Messing (she is a lesson in class), Alyson Hannigan (beautiful dress, even more beautiful hair), Perrey Reaves (fascinating dress), Mariska Hargitay (it’s all put together so well and it’s appropriate for her), Marcia Gay Harden (sizzling!), and Anna Torv (mesmerizing!).

32. Anne October 27, 2009 at 14:43 #

‘m Impressed with that list. Where is Mariska Hargitay, one of the most beautiful looks of the night? And that Cristina is just awful. I can not believe this list.