Runway To The Stage – Eva Longoria At The 2009 ALMA Awards

The ALMA Awards aired last night, and here are the stunning gowns Eva Longoria wore.

Last year she changed 8 times during the night.  This time only 7 changes.

You’ll recognise the first gown because Emily Deschanel wore the strapless version of this stunning tulle Gustavo Cadile Fall 2009 gown at the 2009 Monte Carlo Television Festival Closing Ceremony.

The main difference is that Eva’s gown has been modified to become a one-shouldered gown with a contrast eggplant sash.

I adore this gown from the colour to the tiered skirt, and I’ve been in love with it from the very second I saw it in Cadile’s showroom.

Her second gown was also by Gustavo Cadile. This time she picked a luscious green gown from his Resort 2010 collection.

This gown also has a one-shoulder detail with a fan over her shoulder for added dramatic effect to the volume of the piece.

I don’t ever remember Eva wearing green before, but the colour is vibrant and really pops against her skin.

Eva’s next look was an Angel Sanchez Bridal Spring 2009 gown.

Thankfully this one-shoulder gown doesn’t have a sickly sweet bridal feel to it, as its quite simple with just bow detail on the bodice.

She gives this look an old Hollywood feel with her retro 50s hairstyle.

I’m really disappointed I couldn’t find a full-length version of Eva’s Carlos Miele Fall 2009 gown, as I think it would have looked spectacular on her with the dual prints and the chiffon flowing train.

Those hooped earrings are huge.

I would go as far as to say this Caroline Herrera Fall 2009 gown was my least favourite of the Fall 2009 season, and I dislike it even more on Eva.

It does nothing for her.

The other gowns brings colour, texture and vitality – this is just grey, dull, and unflattering for Eva.

Oscar de la Renta gowns were the 2 final looks for Eva on the night.

I love the blush gown with the sequin overlay. This kind of colour I really allows Eva to glow.

The black and white floral gown feels like it is swamping Eva with the 2 layers. This would be my second least favourite after the Herrera horror.

Credit: Style.com, NY Mag, Gustavo Cadile, & Wireimage

Toni Maticevski Spring 2010

Toni Maticevski Spring 2010

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jennifer Lopez In Victoria Beckham Collection & Drew Barrymore In Alexander McQueen

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jennifer Lopez In Victoria Beckham Collection & Drew Barrymore In Alexander McQueen

21 Responses to Runway To The Stage – Eva Longoria At The 2009 ALMA Awards

1. Ling September 20, 2009 at 16:45 #

I really love the Angel Sanchez, Carlos Miele and the pink Oscar gowns! They suit her frame really well and don’t swamp her like the green Gustavo Cadile gown. As for the other Gustavo Cadile gown, I think I prefer it without the sash, there’s enough going on with the skirt – you and Emily Deschanel looked much better in the unmodified version :)

2. mette September 20, 2009 at 17:08 #

I love the Oscar de la Renta gown with the sequin overlay and the green Gustavo Cadile gown. They are so beautiful and they really make her glow…

3. Jesse September 20, 2009 at 17:22 #

Adore the Oscar de la Renta, definately agree about the Herrera (Horror, haha). For some reason I think the Cadile gowns overwhelm her frame, the green one because of the shoulder detail and the first one, though exquisite just drowns her. Maybe it’s just me.

On an aside, saw your spread in Company magazine FC, very good read.

4. Vance September 20, 2009 at 17:47 #

You can always rely on Eva Longoria to fug it up at the ALMA Awards with her horrid prom-like dresses.

5. Victoria September 20, 2009 at 17:49 #

My favourites are the green Gustavo Cadile and the pink Oscar de la Renta. :D

6. marvel September 20, 2009 at 18:15 #

One of the reasons why I love Eva. She looks absolutely stunning!

7. Dominika September 20, 2009 at 18:54 #

You must make a WWIB poll about Gustavo Cadile dress and you NEED to include yourself! And honey, you are SO winning this one! The dress is to big on Emily and Eva, you look stunning and perfect:

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 21:30 #

ROFLMAO

Bananas. I love your picture.

Thanks so much that gave me a huge laugh for the day. :D

8. Swatky September 20, 2009 at 19:48 #

Oh, but she did changed 8 times. You didn’t count that Oscar de la Renta silver dress she came in :-D Less joking, I do share your opinion about her outfits, even though I adore her…

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 21:28 #

ah yes you are right :)

9. mol September 20, 2009 at 20:28 #

What a gorgeous dress the dual print Carlos Miele is – wish we could have seen it properly on Eva!

10. robbie September 20, 2009 at 21:15 #

im sorry but that tiered gustavo cadile dress is terrible on her, she is far too short to be wearing so much tiered ruffles it makes her look even shorter and chunkier and that frickin huge bow on her shoulder is terrible. FC you are the only person who looked great in that dress.

this year is fugly, the only one that i can say i truly like is the carlos miele dress.

11. Lisa September 20, 2009 at 21:19 #

Eva is so gorgeous that she makes whatever she’s wearing look good. I feel like at least half of these looks are worthy of BDOTW… I can’t pick a favorite! My top 3 would be the blush colored oscar de la renta, the carlos miele gown (too bad there’s no full length picture) and the angela sanchez gown.

12. Leo September 20, 2009 at 21:32 #

I feel like some of this dresses look too big on her, not just the style (they are all so overpowering for her tiny figure) but the actual fit, as if they are a size bigger than hers. Especially the Gustavo Cadile ones, she looks lost in so much fabric.

I do like the first dress, but not here. The green one I hate, it’s a bit tacky first lady, it makes me think of Laura Bush in a presidential ball.

The Carlos Miele dress is fun and interesting with the 2 prints. And it looks sexy. I like the Caroline Herrera dress in theory but not in reality, the styling was just wrong, that hair looks awful with that dress.

13. Dana September 20, 2009 at 21:53 #

I’m underwhelmed. I think that she’s drowning in most of these dresses. Even though most of them are beautiful, she’s too petite to pull them off.

14. Linda September 20, 2009 at 22:15 #

Nine times out of ten, I don’t like what she wears. I know I’m going to sound super critical and many here love her style, but here goes.

1st Gustavo Cadile – looked a lot better on our own FC and Emily Deschanel. If she had worn it the way they did, without the shoulder strap, I think it would actually be great on her too. She just took it one step too far!

2nd Gustavo Cadile – too much dress for her petite frame, she simply doesn’t have the height.

White Angel Sanchez – chest looks squished and stuffed into bodice of dress and it looks like it must be hard to breathe.

Carlos Miele dress – good fit in chest area. Hoops are typical over-the-top Eva excess on an otherwise great look for her.

Carolina Herrera – horrible, everything I don’t like in one – breasts dying to burst out into freedom, an excess of fabric and dress for her frame, the too big earrings, the boring hairstyle.

1st Dior dress – It’s okay.

2nd Dior dress – WAY too much for her frame.

15. denise September 21, 2009 at 05:50 #

Oh god, these are all awful! She used to wear such beautiful gowns, what happened? The only one I like is the Carlos Miele one, with the Angel Sanchez being halfway decent. The others are horrendous.

16. Ally September 21, 2009 at 13:36 #

I’ll never understand why she always such huge full dresses that make her look 3 feet tall. The one she looks best in is the Sanchez b/c it hugs close to her body and doesn’t make her look so short!

17. whitestroke September 21, 2009 at 16:28 #

I like her hair here. And she definitely wears that first dress better than Emily did. Although WE KNOW who wore it the best. *shifty eyes* The Carolina Herrera dress, though… Oh Lord. I hated that collection in general. Carolina has being going downhill for the past few seasons. And I hate how she pushes her boobs up like that. It does NOTHING to that kind of dress.

18. tai'tiana September 21, 2009 at 16:40 #

overall, I think she did an ok job with her gowns with a few misses. that carloine herrera gown was awful on her she was too short for that one and did nothing for her. I don’t really like the gustavo gadille gown on her the color yes but the design was not flattering to her at all she looked like a bridesmaid and the black and white floral gown was ok , I think without a floral design on it would have made it look much better. But miss Eva just loves to bury little self in big gowns. I blame it on her pageant days.

• Linda September 22, 2009 at 01:53 #

Pageant days?!? The missing link. It all makes sense now.