18.09.09

The Best From The Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

Thakoon

Ciara was easily one of my favourites at Fashion Week.

She looked so beautiful wearing a Thakoon wool crepe shift dress which had a contrast black chiffon lining and trim, paired with Louboutin pumps.

Donna Karan

Milla Jovovich’s striped Donna Karan Resort 2009 dress is so chic paired with silver pumps.

Altuzarra

I guess Altuzarra weren’t loaning out clothes for their star guests because Leighton Meester wore an eggplant Emilio de la Morena Fall 2009 dress with Proenza Schouler lace-up ankle boots…

…whilst Rachel McAdams wore a navy and white striped Boy by Band of Outsiders Spring 2010 skirt with a black top.

Charlotte Ronson

Jessica Stroup wore a flirty floral Charlotte Ronson Spring 2010 strapless dress which is so exclusive it wasn’t even seen in the Spring 2010 presentation.

She paired her dress with snake-skin strappy sandals.

Marc Jacobs

Lady GaGa wears the same Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 black cap sleeved dress embellished with jeweled stones, which Miss Piggy wore recently.

I wonder who the winner of that WWIB poll will be?

Tommy Hilfiger

I just love this red dress which Taylor Swift pairs with Stuart Weitzman black bow heels.

So vibrant.

Preen

Becki Newton wore a Preen Mixed Mono dress under a black blazer.

I would’ve loved to have seen this dress without the blazer to see more of its multi-print panel design.

Proenza Schouler

Leighton Meester doesn’t look to happy in her Proenza Schouler Resort 2010 ensemble and I don’t blame her.

Max Azria

Lucy Liu was elegant and classy as always wearing a cream fitted Max Azria dress.

Maggie Q’s Max Azria vibrant yellow dress really pops on her.

I love how she brings this strapless draped dress to life.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2009 VH1 Divas

2009 VH1 Divas

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

10 Responses to The Best From The Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

1. Rachel Marie September 18, 2009 at 22:32 #

How cute is Marc Jacobs in those little sandals?! FC are you coming back for LFW? Will you be around?

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 22:41 #

I’m back in london and I have 5 LFW shows to go to

2. robbie September 18, 2009 at 22:35 #

miss piggy would obviously win the WWIB poll, she had class and elgeant while gaga just makes it look like yet another stupid outfit.

3. Hannah September 18, 2009 at 22:58 #

I adore Maggie’s dress, especially the color, but my goodness that girl needs a few good meals. Those are the spindliest arms I’ve ever seen.

4. The Frock Dress Monster September 18, 2009 at 23:02 #

That Preen mono print dress is really stunning, makes you a little sad to see that weird squelchy brown ruched stuff they used for spring 10…

5. Hellwafashion September 19, 2009 at 07:38 #

This is such a great post, aside from Lady Gaga and leighton meisters second outfit, I think they all look very stylish.

6. Flora September 19, 2009 at 16:34 #

I love the colour of Leighton’s Emilio De La Morena number. It really looks beautiful with her hair. I wonder if she’ll come over to see his LFW show this week. I quite like the Proenza Schouler ensemble too. I’ve seen another pic of her where she’s arriving at the show and I think she wears it well.

Oh, and I agree with Robbie – Miss Piggy would definitely win. She wore the dress with class and didn’t drown it with accessories. And oddly enough, the dress is too conventional for Lady G. Once you’ve seen her in a red lace see-through catsuit, just a normal designer frock doesn’t cut it any more.

Love Jessica Stroup’s dress as well., although I still don’t know who she actually is.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2009 at 16:46 #

I was hoping so too but Emilio De La Morena was yesterday and she wasn’t there. I guess she’s still shooting GG

7. L October 16, 2009 at 05:03 #

i love that yellow dress. you wouldnt happen to know where I can buy it would you? :)

8. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:22 #

Everyone is so well dress here!

~Milla Jovovich is so chic and fresh as always!

~I wish GaGa didn’t wear those boots with her for once APPROPRIATE outfit.
    ~Ciara is stunning.