18.09.09

Joan Collins At London Fashion Week

After returning from New York Fashion Week, I thought I reached my celebrity spotting quota for the year.

At the Caroline Charles show this morning during London Fashion Week I met THE celebrity.

Joan Collins.

Seriously I thought I was going to die.

She looks fabulous wearing a leopard print top with BOLD SHOULDERS. How apt considering the bold shoulder was very much inspired by her Alexis Carrington Colby character in Dynasty.

I didn’t know if I should curtsy, as I felt like I was in the presence of royalty.

Hard to believe she is 76 right?

Pictures taken by me.

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

2009 ALMA Awards

2009 ALMA Awards

10 Responses to Joan Collins At London Fashion Week

1. robbie September 18, 2009 at 16:48 #

*bows down* she is a queen. love the outfit very classy but still youthful. she looks really good for 76.

2. princess September 18, 2009 at 17:02 #

those are really well-taken pictures! what camera do you use?

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 17:59 #

I have a Sony Cyber-shot. It’s normally lets me down. I need to get a new one.

3. Mimi September 18, 2009 at 18:02 #

I wonder if the Leighton Meisters and Britneys of today will ever reach the heights of total glamour and wow-ness that Joan Collins has. I saw her once in a department store launching a book or something, and she didn’t look real.

• Flora September 18, 2009 at 21:02 #

I also once saw Joan in a department store launching a book (Selfridges, in fact), and like you, I found it hard to get my head around the fact that that was really Joan Collins. JOAN COLLINS! She’s so famous you just can’t imagine her ever moving in the same circles as us mere mortals. I mean, she’s like the Queen or something!

Of course, she looks fabulous. Our Joan would never be caught popping out to the shops in Uggs and tracky bottoms like today’s celebrities. She’s old-school glamour.

4. Hellwafashion September 18, 2009 at 18:18 #

I had no idea she was that age. She’s amazing.

5. Rhys September 18, 2009 at 19:21 #

What’s not to love about Joan? Whether you liker her style or not, I don’t think you can question the fact that she always turns it out. Never anything less than glamourous and well groomed.

p.s great legs for 76!

p.p.s i love this site

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 19:23 #

thanks sweetie ;)

6. Fiona4802 September 19, 2009 at 08:26 #

What amazes me about Joan Collins is that she doesn’t look like she’s had masses of cosmetic surgery. She still looks like herself. Just good genes I guess.

7. Grahame September 20, 2009 at 15:27 #

The prop queen does it again, who cares if it’s all wigs, heavy make up and corsets, Joan always looks fantastic and a STAR, she is the mistress of illusion and long may she continue.