18.09.09

2009 VH1 Divas

For the love of god, can someone PLEASE, Please, please help this girl.

Even if you take her to Topshop, just so she can see what girls her age wear.

What the fudge is she wearing?

The runway version of her Dsquared² Fall 2009 was not hiked up to the thigh displaying fish-net tights.

There is no need for all the modifications.

When Selena Gomez is getting it so right, Miley gets it so very wrong.

Another red carpet event, and another missed opportunity for Whitney Port to promote her own Spring 2010 collection.

This time the designer opts for a La Perla Spring 2009 black chiffon dress with nude underlay and jeweled shoulder detail. *shudders*

What was she thinking?

Hopefully not that this is a good look, because she would be wrong.

Finally a Kelly Clarkson look I really love.

The singer wore a stunning black velvet one shoulder David Meister gown with feather corsage.

Everything works.

It looks like Whitney Port can’t even get her BFF to wear her Spring 2010 collection, which is not fair as Whitney wore Lauren Conrad Collection several times.

Lauren Conrad wore a green sequined Alice + Olivia dress paired with black satin peep-toes.

I do like this look, surprisingly it’s not boring.

Jennifer Hudson proudly shows off her post-baby figure wearing a figure hugging metallic dress with thigh-high boots.

Love Leona Lewis’ lilac off-the-shoulder Halston gown, but I absolutely hate the black Vivienne Westwood corset.

So unnecessary and makes this a waste of a stunning gown.

Jordin Sparks’ dress lack any.

Sparks that is.

Sheryl Crow opted for a red satin Dolce & Gabbana dress with black tulle overlay with a black waistband.

We normally see more colour or a rocker look from Sheryl, so this is a refreshing change.

“Goin’ to the chapel and we’re gonna get married”.

Toni Braxton’s white gown is too bridal for my tastes.

TV personality Kim Zolciak gets herself notice wearing a Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 dress as worn by Madonna.

UK singer Adele wore a black Barbara Tfank dress which had gold ribbon embroidery.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Michael Kors Spring 2010

Michael Kors Spring 2010

The Best From The Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

The Best From The Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

33 Responses to 2009 VH1 Divas

1. nicole September 18, 2009 at 20:32 #

im not even gunna comment on miley ugh and her perfomance outfit was even worse if that was even possible.
    would have never thought i would be saying that sheryl crow was the best dressed here for me
    leona would have totally gotten my vote if it wasnt for that thing around her waist yikes!

2. mm September 18, 2009 at 20:33 #

Jennifer Hudson looks like she is too hot, the boots were an over kill.

3. robbie September 18, 2009 at 20:33 #

miley, oh for the love of god indeed. its terrible she looks like as i say all the time a 30 year old whore. the dress is hideous, the pout god keira hurry up and teach this girl how to pout the fishnets are tacky. i dont mind fishnets but i think the small holes are nicer but the bigger they are the tackier they look. also she is a VH1 diva, f*ck off please she is just a stupid disney brat.

whitney, hideous dress if you are going to have a lace overlay dress atleast make sure the lace reaches the same part of your leg as the underlay. her collection must be that bad if she isnt wearing it again.

kelly, finally looks good and feminine for once.

lauren, she looks cute but i still find it hilarous she never wears her own crap or even her “BFFs” colelction.

jennifer, love it from the knees up.

leona, gorgeous dress but the corset is cringe worthy.

jordin, tacky dress simple really.

sheryl, its nice but the footwear makes me go weak at the knees and not for a good reason.

toni, if that is bridal then its rather slutty bridal lol.

kim, love the dress but sorry the hair, the smile and the pose very barbie-sque.

adele, wow im shocked she made an effort normally she shows up at events with a sweater, flats and that hilarously bad “bow” style hair.

seriously though VH1 divas, where are the divas. seriously whitney, mariah, diana even madonna.

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 20:38 #

right….when did VH1 divas become so tame

• Xail September 18, 2009 at 20:50 #

i think it too…

4. Xail September 18, 2009 at 20:37 #

Miley Cyrus looks like a dancing of night club

5. Flora September 18, 2009 at 20:45 #

These are ALL terrible. You know, I think this is the price we pay for this week’s run of really good outfits worn by Drew, Julianne, etc. What the devil gives with one hand, he takes away with the other….

6. julia September 18, 2009 at 20:51 #

oh god miley!!
    i totally agree what you wrote about her,especially the Topshop comment!!
    fishnet tights??with 16??and the dress or whatever it is, is way too short!!!
    she looks like a whore!
    the only dress I like is th edress of lauren conrad

7. Lauren September 18, 2009 at 20:59 #

When I saw these pictures of Miley ealier I just knew you where gonna hate this outfit! Me on the other hand loves it! I dont know why but I think it looks eally good although she could have ditched the fishnets!

I also rather like Whitneys outfit! Though Im not too keen on the colour!

Kelly Clarkson looks gorgeous! She looks so confident and that dress is gorgeous on her!

Lauren’s outfit is gorgeous! I love how she isnt wearing her usual kinda clothes!

I am not liking Jennifers outfit! The dress is OK, but I am hating the boots!! Not many people are making them work…

I dont get Leona’s outfit…. why is she wearing that corset especially over such a gorgeous gown! If she had lost it, she would have been best dressed!

Jordins dress is alright but I feel as if Ive seen it before.

I love Sheryl’s dress! But the footwear, not so much!

I agree about Toni! Too bridal looking!

Kim looks plastic.

Adele looks better than usual but Im still not liking it!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 21:05 #

hey??? you love it ???

• bluebell September 18, 2009 at 21:24 #

I’m kind of with you on miley. The dress is, as expected, too mature for her but it’s the fishnets that really put it into a baby prostitute category.

8. Flora September 18, 2009 at 21:16 #

Is anyone else having trouble with the font on this page? Everything below the first three articles is suddenly in a font so tiny I had to stick my face right up to the screen and squint to read it! I’m really hoping it’s a technical thing with the site and not my computer!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 21:19 #

no probs here

• Ally September 18, 2009 at 21:26 #

It happened to me too, but it seems to be fine now. Who knows what the Internet decides to do.

LC’s dress is really cute. Love the green.

9. robbie September 18, 2009 at 21:47 #

okay i just saw skanky cyrus performance outfit, the red carpet outfit isnt that bad compared to the performance one. seriously this girl is gonna grow up and become a hooker when she is older.

what makes it worse her MUM AND DAD were there with her, what parents let their 16 year old daughter go out in these kind of outfits?????

10. Jennifer September 18, 2009 at 22:06 #

Is Jordin Sparks wearing flat shoes… or are there any at all? I can’t tell. And I am beginning to despise Miley’s lack of fashion. Also, incredibly annoyed at her for being a “teen idol” and posing like that… so inappropriate!

• robbie September 18, 2009 at 22:38 #

yeah jordin is wearing sandals its just the colour matches her skin tone and makes it difficult to see them. i had to actually squint to see them.

11. Alyazia September 18, 2009 at 23:23 #

even though i dislike seeing miley in such an outfit, but i think she wore it better than simona ventura in venice ,,
    Thanks FC, and welcome back home!!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 23:43 #

thanks Alyazia

12. aa September 19, 2009 at 00:01 #

I actually like what Jordin Sparks is wearing but the hair… She is in desparate need of a new hairdo :>

13. mandy September 19, 2009 at 03:39 #

finally a jordin sparkes look at the i really love~!

14. Noora Al-thani September 19, 2009 at 10:25 #

OK SERIOUSLY i don’t think that you’re being fair to Whitney .. i mean i know she should’ve wore something from her own collection .. but i still think she looks really NICE ..

15. Leo September 19, 2009 at 16:35 #

Miley made me speachless. But not in a Charlize Theron way.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2009 at 16:46 #

LOL so true

16. staramour September 19, 2009 at 18:31 #

I actually think Jordin looks really good, the dress flatters her figure quite well. Kelly is definitely the best dressed of the night though.

Miley and Kim. (Oh, that hurt to type.) You do NOT belong on a “Divas” red carpet. And not in those outfits.

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 11:17 #

I agree, they don’t belong.

I remember the first show with REAL divas who earned the title like Diana Ross

17. thomas monks September 20, 2009 at 00:34 #

do you think Jordin Sparks is wearing a Mandalay dress

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 11:13 #

not sure I haven’t seen Mandalay’s dresses

18. Alexandra September 20, 2009 at 01:12 #

miley makes me sick…. i have a feeling that in the future she’ll be a deserving heiress of Sharon Stone’s “tackiest star ever” legacy. Considering last appearance of Sharon and how outstanding she looked, I think it already started happening….

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 11:12 #

I couldn’t agree more

19. thomas monks September 20, 2009 at 03:59 #

found out that Leona Lewis is wearing a Halston gown, Vivienne Westwood belt, and Stella McCartney just read it on JustJared

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2009 at 11:18 #

thanks for the heads up.

20. tai'tiana September 21, 2009 at 16:45 #

someone needs to remind the teenager miley that she is only 16 years old, she dressed bad and slutty sometimes. The shortning of that gown and the fishnets brought instant sluttyness to to whole look. She needs a new stylist quick and fast. I’m available