17.09.09

Social Events Of The Week

“The Burning Plain” Los Angeles Premiere

It was always going to be a hard choice to pick the BDOTW, and now Charlize Theron has walked the red carpet glowing in a mustard Christian Dior Fall 2009 chiffon dress.

The amazing dress – which complements her skin-tone – has gold embroidery details on the shoulders and a matching gold belt.

The actress pairs her dress with matching Dior heels and a gold studded clutch.

“The Burning Plain” New York Premiere

For the New York premiere Charlize Theron wore a teal blue Givenchy Resort 2010 dress.

I wasn’t particularly crazy about the dress on the runway, as it had too much going on around the neckline.

Charlize simplified the dress, paired it with some ivory Givenchy heels and a black Bottega Veneta clutch for another stunningly effortless look.

“Jennifer’s Body” Hot Topic Fan Event, LA

I love Amanda Seyfried’s Marc Jacobs Resort 2010 look.

It has a chic Parisian feel to it with it’s prim and proper style.

The navy cropped jacket with black trims, is paired with black silk shorts, black pumps and a bedazzling clutch.

Like Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox is never at home because she’s always working the red carpet.

This time she opts for a charming dusky rose  Antonio Berardi Fall 2009 dress with a ruffle cascading down the hip.

She pairs her look with gold Brian Atwood pumps – which I don’t think work well with the dress – and a Judith Leiber clutch.

“Love And Other Impossible Pursuits” Screening, Toronto Film Festival

Natalie Portman braved a cold night to bring a bit of the tropics to Toronto, by wearing a colourful strapless Lanvin fuschia dahlia floral print mini dress.

I LOVE the colour of this dress, the slight rise and fall nature of the skirt and the rosette detail on the bust.

“Love And Other Impossible Pursuits” Press Conference, Toronto Film Festival

For the press conference black wide legged pants and a floral Chloé Resort 2010 blouse, was a simple but cute look for the actress off the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Gucci Cocktail Party For Ffawn

Gucci Cocktail Party For Ffawn

Runway To ALMA Awards Promotion - Eva Longoria in Gustavo Cadile

Runway To ALMA Awards Promotion – Eva Longoria in Gustavo Cadile

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. justme September 17, 2009 at 23:16 #

Charlize looks amazing. That Dior look is just perfection. And those Givenchy heels look insanely hot. I need to google them.

BDOTW is gonna be hard this week.

2. thomas monks September 17, 2009 at 23:19 #

i think that the gold clutch that Charlize Theron is carrying is jimmy choo its under the accessory report on style.com

3. stilettolover91 September 17, 2009 at 23:37 #

Megan looks amazing!!! The pumps she’s wearing aren’t really gold though they’re more like Cheetah or Leopard!!??

4. T September 18, 2009 at 00:15 #

WOW! Natalie Portman is incredible. Love the colour, and that she kept jewellery to a minimum (except those charming earrings). Also love her necklace at the press conference – any idea where I could find something similar?

Charlize always looks amazing…. No surprise here! :)

5. amelia September 18, 2009 at 00:21 #

I’m not at all pleased by Charlize’s looks, especially when it comes to the Dior dress, because it looked MUCH better on the runway. Natalie’s Lanvin dress is also hideous and Megan, she can do no good. Apologies for being this critical, but I really hated these looks.

6. Ariel September 18, 2009 at 00:52 #

Charlize is WOW !
    …Along with Megan !
    Not really liking the floral dress on Natalie. But I love her makeup.

Megan & Charlize for BDOTW ?

7. Leo September 18, 2009 at 03:41 #

I really dislike yellow dresses and this week 2 of them have wowed me and this one specially. Charlize Theron is pure heat-to-toe perfection in Dior, this woman just keeps bringin’ it. It’s too much to take it.

Natalie Portman also rocked the Lanvin dress, it’s flirty and fun and you can see she was having a good time. Amazing earings too.

8. Linda September 18, 2009 at 04:33 #

Megan’s shoes don’t go with that dress at all, but the dress looks good on her, I have to admit.
    Natalie Portman literally took my breath away. The dress, makeup and hair – everything is perfection. What a beautiful girl.
    Amanda Seyfried is on a roll this week. This is the second time she’s looked flawless on the red carpe this week.

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 10:13 #

Amanda is definitely on a roll I agree

9. alyss September 18, 2009 at 05:48 #

Yay- finally someone wore these Givenchy heels on the red carpet.

10. nicole September 18, 2009 at 05:49 #

Charlize is divine!!!!
    this week has been like fashion overload!!! i love it

11. GRACE September 18, 2009 at 09:04 #

I think the colour does’t really work against Megan’s skin. But I do love Natalie’s two looks: both look so comfortable and effortless! I also especially heart her make-up. Perfect (:

12. sydneycheapchic September 18, 2009 at 11:53 #

I love Charlize in the dior (although I agree with Amelia in that it does look better on the runway). Amanda Seyfriend’s outfit is also so so cute!

I think Natalie Portman’s conference look is a bit mumsy but i am still very much drawn to it… it might be close up shot though.. she is so unbelievably beautiful!

13. Flora September 18, 2009 at 21:11 #

Natalie’s outfit really stood out amongst today’s usual deluge of celebs-in-designer-frocks pic. It’s just so different to what she normally wears: the colour, the vibrant floral print, the dark pink lips and flirty bubble hem, and even those rainbow earrings. She looks incredible. It would have been so easy to wear something black, but this was a daring choice and it really pays off. I feel a stand-off with Drew for BDOTW coming on!