Runway To Capitol Hill – Jennifer Lopez In Victoria Beckham Collection

I literally just got back home and instead of doing what normal people do – unpack etc etc, I turned on my computer as I was dying to see what events took place last night.

Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony arrived at a meeting with Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi to discuss education in the Latino community on Capitol Hill in Washington.

It has also been reported that Jennifer also met with the President Barack Obama and his wife while doing a tour through the White House.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jennifer Lopez was wearing a blush sheath dress from Victoria Beckham’s Spring 2010 presentation, which was presented just 4 days ago.

I love how the dress is hugging her curves and doing more justice to the dress than the model ever could.

She looks absolutely exquisite.  Everyone has really raised their game this week.

It’s the right colour for her skin-tone and Victoria will be proud that Jennifer was very matchy matchy with her accessories.

The singer/actress paired her dress with Christian Louboutin heels and a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch.

From the back of Jennifer’s dress, you can see Victoria has kept her trademark exposed two-way zippers as a feature for her collection.

You can click here to see Victoria’s Beckham full 20 piece Spring 2010 collection.

[nggallery id=179]

Credit: LovelyLopez.net, Style.com & Wireimage

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Before The Runway - Dasha Zhukova In Proenza Schouler Spring 2010

Before The Runway – Dasha Zhukova In Proenza Schouler Spring 2010

35 Responses to Runway To Capitol Hill – Jennifer Lopez In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. MatteaAM September 17, 2009 at 13:15 #

she’s absolutely beautiful!!
    xD

2. Hellwafashion September 17, 2009 at 13:15 #

Normally JLO looks like she got dressed in the dark with only her bling to light the way. In this she looks classy and stunning……..I can’t believe I’m starting to consider victoria beckham a good designer.

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 13:18 #

She is good designer/creative director

• marvel September 17, 2009 at 15:26 #

Shame she only picks black for her catwalk aka the airport :(

3. Mackentiff September 17, 2009 at 13:25 #

Wow, she is rocking that dress waaay better than the model.

4. Vera September 17, 2009 at 13:58 #

I’m looking forward to your opinion about Victoria’s colletion, FC!

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 14:34 #

I’m hoping to view it when her presentation comes to London

• christian Holde September 17, 2009 at 16:04 #

i’ve been waiting for the same thing vera!

from what i’ve seen on pictures, the collection looks stunning! very VB but also new, fresh and young.

can’t wait for your opinion FC :D

5. Jewellery Gossip September 17, 2009 at 14:43 #

we love what V.Beckham has created- she has come a long way!

6. SkirtTheIssue September 17, 2009 at 14:45 #

Wow- Jennifer looks the best she has….in forever! The front looks sexy in a sophisticated way, and

7. Candy Factory September 17, 2009 at 14:59 #

she looks sensational!

8. ruth Lee September 17, 2009 at 15:01 #

dang… major MAJOR props to victoria. some of those silhouettes were seriously rockin.

9. FashionLover September 17, 2009 at 15:06 #

wow I am very impressed by Victoria Beckham!
    btw FC did you get to see Carolina Herrera’s collection?

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 17:39 #

not yet, but not heard great things about it

• FashionLover September 18, 2009 at 00:46 #

I also felt a little ho-hum by it!
        can I just say how dedicated you are,I mean,you just arrived in London, and you do like several posts..I mean If i were you id take a day off! because you deserve one!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 10:15 #

I wish I could but I would only sit and think about what’s going on anyway :)

10. Adrien September 17, 2009 at 15:07 #

Oh my! I can’t believe how fabulous she looks…
    I don’t want to be in your position FC, choosing who s gonna be in the best dressed list this week will be such a madness for your mind!
    That look is so chic I just go back to the first picture every 10 seconds… I’ve never been a fan of J-Lo’s style but there… she took my breathe away!

11. Ally September 17, 2009 at 15:21 #

She looks amazing. I never would have guessed that the dress was that stunning if I had just seen it on the model b/c she makes it look like a box. But JLo’s curves make it a knockout. Such a comeback after the ugliness of the LV she wore to the VMAs!

12. SAsal September 17, 2009 at 16:11 #

WOW, she looks better than the model! It looks like it’s a different dress on her curves. Nice.

13. renyV September 17, 2009 at 16:33 #

She looks amazing!

14. Nicole September 17, 2009 at 19:21 #

I adore jlo in this look!!!!! The colour is perfection! Victorias collection is amazing I love the simple structure of the long gowns !! Great collection

15. Nicole September 17, 2009 at 19:37 #

also WTF iis Marc Anthony wearing?

16. Alexandra September 17, 2009 at 21:06 #

magnificent! it’s the first time i’m actually in love with JLO. maybe it’s because she kept her mouth closed :P anyhow, she looks completely beautiful. sophisticated and elegant… and she proves that VB designs are not only for very slender women – her body looks oustanding.

17. Hercilia September 17, 2009 at 21:18 #

She looks so chic.
    It’s been a while that I haven’t seen her like that, I agree with you when you say that with her curves she is doing more justice to the dress than the model ever could.
    I always visit your blog, I really like the you analyse dresses, it helped me to improve the way I observe these red carpet figurines and, of course, my English!
    A kiss from France!
    Hercília

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 21:19 #

I’m glad you are enjoying my blog

Kisses from London x

18. LauraKitty September 18, 2009 at 00:24 #

Best dressed! She looks stunning!

19. fiona September 18, 2009 at 09:51 #

Isn’t this a big lesson to the fashion indusrty filled with skinny models? The dress looks like a piece of cloth on the model. J Lo’s curves turn it into a million dollars.

20. Sally September 18, 2009 at 10:14 #

AMAZING! Best dressed this week for sure

21. sydneycheapchic September 18, 2009 at 12:02 #

Wow she is vavavoom hot in this dress! Note to VB. Curves are hot! JLo totally outshines the model.

BDOTW this week… FC how are you going to do it??!!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 12:21 #

It’s not going to be easy

22. bluebell September 18, 2009 at 20:49 #

It looks great on J.Lo but not so good on the model.. VB’s clothes are one of the few where I think it looks better on real women.

23. Flora September 19, 2009 at 11:04 #

Really, people? Yes, she looks good, but then with a figure like that anything that shows off her curves like this is going to make her look like Jessica Rabbit.

My problem is with the dress. Other designers (and I use the term very loosely to describe VB since I don’t believe for a minute she actually sits down with a sketchpad and a box of pencils) present something completely different for every collection. Victoria Beckham’s collections all look exactly the same from season to season. Yes it’s classic, but it’s also boring and predictable.

At least other designers who stick to the same style year after year (Narciso Rodriguez, Herve Leger) mix it up a bit with patterns and colours while still keeping the essence of the designer’s style. Her dresses are utterly interchangeable. I defy anyone to be able to tell which collection any of her frocks are actually from.

And she’s STILL ripping off Roland Mouret from about 3 years ago! I just wish she would move on, so we can really believe these are her designs and not just those of the Roland Mouret designer she employs.