Gucci Cocktail Party For Ffawn

WOW.

This has to be the best Serena Williams has looked in a long while. I love the hair and make-up especially.

The tennis ace wore a one shoulder mini Gucci Fall 2009 dress covered in green and black crystals, with a striped pattern going across it.

She looks sexy, confident and power.

I hope I can squeeze this onto the BDOTW poll.

Unfortunately I think Alicia Keys’ black sleeveless zip Gucci Resort 2010 dress fails to flatter.

The dress looks much better with the belt, the dress is otherwise too plain without it, even with the ridiculous spikey thing on her wrist.

I saw Estelle many times around New York and each time she wore black.

Estelle use to wow us with daring designs and bold colours.

Has her stateside move muted her style?

Her Gucci Fall 2009 ensemble includes a black crystals sleeveless top which she belted with black pants.

Mary J. Blige keeps her look very simple wearing a no-frills black v-neck jersey dress with flute sleeve and black patent belt.

She completes the look with black patent booties and a black python envelope clutch.

Only Serena shines for me at this event.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Patricia Clarkson In Christian Dior -  'A Thousand Times Good Night' Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

Patricia Clarkson In Christian Dior – ‘A Thousand Times Good Night’ Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

10 Responses to Gucci Cocktail Party For Ffawn

1. justme September 17, 2009 at 23:19 #

I wish Serena would’ve let the dress shoulder like it’s meant to be but regardless, she looks great. That makeup… *church claps*

• shubby doo September 18, 2009 at 08:35 #

hmmm…i think if she had left it as that she would have looked a bit too boxed shaped… wearing the shoulder like she has, has deceptively given serena a more curvy feminine look…like this a lot more than her usual all muscle physique in cute dresses

2. Leti September 18, 2009 at 01:15 #

This is the best I’ve every seen Serena. So many times, she’s worn things that are completely unflattering, but this is perfection. BDOTW please!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 10:14 #

oh yes. Even if I have to make a list of 20 people she WILL be on it :)

3. Lala/S-R September 18, 2009 at 03:59 #

I love Alicia Keys!! I will defend her for almost ANYTHING!! But not her style. Her outfits just never work for me. *sigh
    “WOW” is right! Serena looks GREAT!!
    Mama Marly looks simple and cute.
    “Has her stateside move muted her style?” Haha I don’t think so.

4. Linda September 18, 2009 at 04:36 #

Holy smokes! I have never seen Serena Williams look so beautiful. The soft hair and makeup, the perfectly flattering dress – WOW indeed.

5. shubby doo September 18, 2009 at 08:29 #

lol…i think the spikey bracelet worn by alicia keys could have put out lil’ mama’s eye if she dared to try to take her limelight again like at the VMA’s

6. danielezka September 18, 2009 at 11:47 #

YES PLEASE! Serena deserves BDOTW!!! This is the first time I see that incredible fashion sense she has in the courts on the red carpet!

7. Vera September 18, 2009 at 16:35 #

I feel I need to clean my desktop… Is it really Serena? WOW. I’ve always known she is a beauty)

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2009 at 16:45 #

I know. She’s like a different person