Before The Runway – Dasha Zhukova In Proenza Schouler Spring 2010

Pop magazine had a relaunch party in New York last week, where Dasha Zhukova made her first public appearance since she announced she was having her first baby with Billionaire boyfriend Roman Abramovich.

No one could id who the designer of her cute babydoll dress was – which cleverly covered her baby bump – but after the Proenza Schouler Spring 2010 show yesterday, it became clear that her dress was from that collection.

I’m very much on the fence with this look.

I love the colours and her lilac heels, but I have a lot of problems with the shape of the skirt which looks better on the model.

Although it’s cute, I’m not sure if it’s particularly flattering.

Dasha and Kristen Stewart so far are the only one’s lucky enough to wear a Spring 2010 look before the runway show.

Credit: Style.com & Vera

Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2010

Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2010

Christian Cota Spring 2010

Christian Cota Spring 2010

6 Responses to Before The Runway – Dasha Zhukova In Proenza Schouler Spring 2010

1. Linda September 17, 2009 at 19:07 #

Are they standing indisde or outside, because it kind of looks like a gust of wind got under her skirt. Otherwise, I agree that the version on the model is much more flattering.

2. Sara September 17, 2009 at 19:21 #

I think it could only look flattering on Olive Oil types. Must have pin thin legs, like the model’s. I like the colors and fabric, though.

3. justme September 17, 2009 at 21:20 #

Lol, I was about to say the dress make her look pregnant. I didn’t know she was. What a golddigger btw, moving on…
    Cute dress but yeah something is wrong.

4. sara September 18, 2009 at 13:55 #

i think the way dasha wears this dress it’s fantastic because she uses the sape to hide her new curves but enhancing them at the same time. it’s the contrary way to dress you think for someone who is pregnant.
    the model….OMG her legs scared me!!!.
    sorry for my english (i’m spanish)

5. Kim September 18, 2009 at 15:38 #

Uhm I hate the dress on both! OK I just looked again and it’s worse on the model to me. Too skinny!

6. bluebell September 18, 2009 at 20:40 #

I think she gets away with it because she’s pregnant. But how do these things work? How many of each runway dress does the designer make?