16.09.09 Premiere

Toronto Film Festival Catch Up

“The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee” Premiere

In the absence of Blake Lively who’s was filming at the Hotel Empire in New York yesterday, Robin Wright Penn provided the red carpet eye-candy.

The actress looked drop-dead gorgeous wearing an off-the-shoulder Balmain Fall 2009 leather dress, paired with sexy laced pumps.

Anyone feel this is a big poke in the eye to Sean Penn?

Girlfriend is smoking hot. Scratch that she’s on fire. I love this look.

“Chloe” Premiere

The green goddess strikes again.

Julianne Moore walked the red carpet wearing a YSL Resort 2009 strapless dress, which she paired with a voluminous bolero.

I have to say I love the look with the bolero.

Channeling old Hollywood Amanda Seyfried looked stunning wearing an early 1990s sequin Chanel dress with lace jabot and lace slip.

I love everything about this look. Not a single hair out of place.

“The Invention Of Lying” Premiere

Jennifer Garner is far from being my favourite on the red carpet, but her green strapless vintage Oscar de la Renta dress is perfection.

I adore the colour, her make-up and her Casadei shoes.

“Invention Of Lying” Press Conference

Her press conference look was more reserved as she wore a LBD from Stella McCartney.

“Mother And Child” Premiere

Kerry Washington but her best Chanel clad foot forward wearing a coral Rachel Roy dress which just wraps around her body.

Her look was paired with a Bally clutch.

Stunning as always.

Naomi Watts paired Stella McCartney Resort 2010 booties with a black jumpsuit from the same designer.

I love the belt and how it complements the booties.

‘Partir’ Premiere

Kristin Scott Thomas makes this cowgirl inspired Hermes Fall 2009 halter dress look very chic and elegant.

This is not something I would have expected Kristin to wear, but she makes is work for her.

My only critique would be that the look feels like it’s missing something.

A necklace or a cuff maybe?

“Whip It” Press Conference

Oh Drew were do I start?

The hair was cute for about 5 secs, but I’m really not a fan.

Her 80’s roller-derby inspired ensemble was paired with Perrin Paris Spider gloves hand-crafted in black leather.

The tights? *shakes head*

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Malandrino Spring 2010

Malandrino Spring 2010

22 Responses to Toronto Film Festival Catch Up

1. Flora September 16, 2009 at 20:22 #

Oh my lord, it’s a dress with a bolero! I thought it was just a dress with particularly mad sleeves! Still think Julianne looks fabulous, even if I do wish someone had designed the dress I thought it was, if you know what I mean.

Kerry Washington looks amazing as well. The colors is just beautiful on her, and you absolutely never know what she will be wearing next except that she will look incredible in it. 9 times out of 10 she gets it right, and even when she gets it wrong, she does so in an interesting way.

It’s going to be a much harder week for BDOTW than last week, I feel. Maybe you’ll need to have ten instead of just eight to choose from? Ooh, and i’ve just remembered, it’s the Emmys on Sunday too! Ten next week as well, then!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 20:23 #

I know so much is going on after such a quiet summer. Trying to keep up

2. zzarazza September 16, 2009 at 20:28 #

Holy cow! Those ARE some legs! Robin is jaw-on-the-floor gorgeous.

Love both green outfits and a coral one.

3. Dana September 16, 2009 at 20:34 #

Oh, Drew. Sigh. I applaud your originality and your guts, but this is just BAD.

FC, have you ever considered doing a WORST dressed of the week poll? I think that would be so much fun!

4. Lucie September 16, 2009 at 20:45 #

Drew’s look is hideous!!!!

5. Jennifer September 16, 2009 at 20:55 #

Robin Wright Penn deserves to be on the list for that smoking hot look. She is looking completely fierce, and I bet it is a message to Sean Penn.

I can see us needing more than 8… especially since this is only Wednesday!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 21:00 #

I’m with you on that one. Too many great looks this week

6. Ally September 16, 2009 at 21:03 #

Wow, that is so a message to Sean after he was rude enough to step out with a model yesterday just a few weeks after they finally called it quits. Good for her. I kind of wish she had kept the belt though.

7. Rita September 16, 2009 at 21:52 #

Drew is just a mess and i really hate hers hair.

8. Linda September 16, 2009 at 22:01 #

I wish she had kept the belt too

9. justme September 16, 2009 at 22:02 #

So this is what Sean Penn has been cheating on all these years? I swear some men are so stupid!! Robin looks STUNNING. I would complain about the lack of belt if I wasn’t so mesmerized by her legs. Just wow…

Can Kerry Washington stop looking so gorgeous all the time lol? That coral dress is so pretty.

*ignores Drew*

Everyone on this post look great. It makes me happy lol.

10. Linda September 16, 2009 at 22:09 #

Amanda Syfried has never looked so perfect, and Jennifer Garner’s dress is lovely. I just wish her hair was al little more tidy. Kerry Washington can do no wrong for me, sort of like Thandie Newton and Diane Kruger in that way.

11. 00o00 September 16, 2009 at 22:22 #

Amanda Seyfried for best dressed of the week!

12. antoneLLina September 16, 2009 at 22:32 #

kerry is just WOW!!!!!

13. Fimbarr Leit September 16, 2009 at 22:56 #

Robin Wright Penn and Patricia Conde , Balmain Fall 2009 leather dress.

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 02:12 #

thanks. I was emailed this as well

14. Boeshane September 16, 2009 at 23:20 #

The tights ? The nails ?!? Drew, why ?

15. ny September 17, 2009 at 02:10 #

jennifer garner looks beautiful!!

16. srta a September 17, 2009 at 07:42 #

love Balmain’s leather dress!! But I prefer it on Patricia Conde, a spanich tv star who wear it at Fashion´s Night Out at Madrid.

17. Flutterbang September 17, 2009 at 14:07 #

I love all but Julianne’s dress, for some reason it just doesn’t look like it fits quite right, like it’s too big for her or something

18. Georgia Maude September 17, 2009 at 20:11 #

Great body and legs aside, there’s something rather desperate and hoochie-looking about Robin Wright’s emsemble. Being followed in the post by the ever elegant and sexy Julianne Moore doesn’t help her case, even if Julianne is 6 years older. She just looks classier.

19. hsua September 18, 2009 at 16:12 #

Drew´s dress are Balenciaga
    and her jacket are a grey Femme for DKNY Jeans denim jacket ( hilary duff´s colletion for DKNY)