Runway To “Love Happens” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

I was convinced that Jennifer Aniston not wearing black on her last red carpet appearance was a one-off, but she thankfully proves me wrong.

Last night at the “Love Happens” LA Premiere she looked beautiful wearing a silver embroidered Valentino Fall 2009 Couture tunic dress with matching strappy Christian Louboutin sandals.

OK it’s not pink with polka dots, but it’s progress people. Baby steps.

I love her look.  It’s a bit sexy, young and chic, but I’m not sure if it’s a BDOTW contender.

What do you think?

Valentino is getting a lot of red carpet and editorial action at the moment, as a whole new generation is appreciating the edgier direction.

OK now we appear to have the dress situation under control, now I can move onto her never changing hairstyle.

[nggallery id=177]

Credit: Wireimage & Style.com

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret - Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of 'The Dye' Issue Celebration

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret – Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of ‘The Dye’ Issue Celebration

Toronto Film Festival Catch Up

Toronto Film Festival Catch Up

32 Responses to Runway To “Love Happens” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

1. Candy Factory September 16, 2009 at 16:59 #

I don’t like the look at all, there’s nothing exciting or special, other than she’s not wearing black. She’s so plain vanilla.

2. Kellyn September 16, 2009 at 17:15 #

meh, i don’t think it’s that exciting…and the dress really doesn’t do that much for her body.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 18:19 #

I think she looks great, but I understand why you would think it is a bit meh :)

3. Lisa September 16, 2009 at 17:15 #

The dress is cute and the shoes are amazing but the hair really lets her down. I think that if she had done something more interesting with it, she might have been able to make me say “wow”. But as it stands, even in a cute dress, she looks boring.

4. Anna September 16, 2009 at 17:18 #

I think she looks great…and her legs are amazing…got to start yoga if these are the results

Where are her shoes from?

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 18:18 #

Her shoes are by Christian Louboutin.

5. ZzaRaZza September 16, 2009 at 17:19 #

I love her heels

6. Nicole September 16, 2009 at 17:21 #

Def not a BDOTW! she looks okay but nothing great .. Like the shoes more than the dress itself

7. marvel September 16, 2009 at 17:31 #

I LOVE this loo. I have always lved her and have been rooting for her sice day one. If she is a BDOTW, she’s got my vote!!

PS
    Her hair is such a trademark of hers that Id doubt she’d change it. But it my hair was that great Id never touch it!

8. Sonja September 16, 2009 at 17:35 #

Blah. She always bores me. Nothing special, really.

Ah, and I so agree on the hair.

9. aravis September 16, 2009 at 17:38 #

Like the dress. Hate the hair. I kind of feel a dress that’s so unadorned like that really needs the line of its draping to be seen in full and unencumbered by long, uneven hair.

But that’s a bit nitpicky. She does look pretty good compared with her usual style.

• Linda September 16, 2009 at 22:12 #

Very will put!

10. Juliana Dias September 16, 2009 at 17:45 #

she’s stunning! I adore her.

11. Mónica B September 16, 2009 at 17:51 #

Her hair is perfect !!.

12. mm September 16, 2009 at 18:00 #

I am feeling this look on Jen. She might catch the right man in this one. I know her hair never changes. But for some women there hair is like their protection. Rachel Zoe brought this up on her show this week. In Jen’s case she needs the hair because she is rather plain otherwise. I think she should be in the mix for BDOTW. I love those shoes too

13. justme September 16, 2009 at 18:00 #

I don’t understand. She has a great body, she could basically wear (almost) whatever the hell she wants and pulls it off YET she never takes risks. *sighs*
    Nice Valentino dress but yeah I’m not impressed.

14. Talita September 16, 2009 at 18:03 #

For me she deserves to be BDOTW. The dress is beautiful and although her hair is the same as always it completes the look. Loved the glow of the hair with the silver sparkling dress. And the shoes? Perfect!

15. Ally September 16, 2009 at 18:08 #

I give her points just for those shoes. They are killer. The dress is just okay though. It just seems so ill fitted. I see that it is meant to be drapped, but on JA it just seems tight in so me places and too loose in others.

As annoying as it is that Amanda Bynes never changes her hair, it doesn’t bother me that much that JA usually wears it like this. It just suits her and she does wear it up sometimes.

16. Juliet September 16, 2009 at 18:19 #

This is not at all a BDOTW contestant, she is just pretty, nothing special,nothing that deserves attention.

17. Harris September 16, 2009 at 18:42 #

i think she needs a bra and a new hairstyle.

18. eimear September 16, 2009 at 18:49 #

its just blah…Its neither really Herve Leger tight, not kind of smock dress big… it just looks like it doesnt fit.
    And her hair should be up in a bun or ponytail for this to show of her neck becuase the neck on the dress is so high.

19. Gaber September 16, 2009 at 18:51 #

Aaron Eckhart.
    *drools*
    *uses Jen’s dress to wipe the drool*
    Yeah, that’s all it’s good for.

20. Caligirl September 16, 2009 at 18:51 #

Jenn looks amazing! Love the dress and dress!!!

21. Caligirl September 16, 2009 at 18:53 #

Oops, meant to say Love the dress and shoes!! :)

22. Leo September 16, 2009 at 19:11 #

It’s nice that she’s wearing things that are not black, but to me there’s no wow factor in her choices. She has her own style, it’s “pretty pretty meh” and that’s it.

23. Chiara September 16, 2009 at 19:47 #

I think she could be a contender for BDOTW, why not, the dress is nice , the shoes are too.
    I’m also happy about the not black… You’re right about the hair, especially with this dress, she should have let it shone, but anyway….

24. Lucie September 16, 2009 at 20:26 #

I think she looks great….
    I think there is a huge difference between simple and boring.
    Jen’s look is simple, chic, classy and well put together. BDOTW contender I hope!!

25. Flora September 16, 2009 at 20:29 #

I agree, I think she looks pretty good in the dress, but it’s a strong week and there are better contenders to choose from. Now if she really was wearing pink with polka dots… well, I’d keel over, but when I’d picked myself up again, I’d definitely vote for her for BDOTW! Not this time though.

26. Taylor September 16, 2009 at 21:54 #

She looks great!!! BDOTW contender.

27. DM September 16, 2009 at 23:28 #

gorgeous!

28. Adrien September 17, 2009 at 11:22 #

Would be up for BDOTW if it wasn’t that week…
    Sorry Jen, but you look gorgeous though!

29. Parvati September 18, 2009 at 00:22 #

I love this look! She looks great in it! The dress is really nice, it suits her well and I love the matching Louboutins!