Runway To “Bright Star” New York Premiere – Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab

Best Dressed Of The Week was going to be difficult already then Abbie Cornish throws her hat into the ring to make the decision even more difficult.

At the Vanity Fair & Apparition Present the Premiere of “Bright Star” this week she glowed wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2009.

I was always a fan of Elie’s extravagant blingy gowns, but this simple strapless crepe and silk satin teal gown is to die-for.

Abbie wears it well and her hairstyle gives her look an old Hollywood feel.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Backstage At Brian Reyes' Spring 2010 Presentation

Backstage At Brian Reyes’ Spring 2010 Presentation

Runway To "Love Happens" LA Premiere - Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

Runway To “Love Happens” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

14 Responses to Runway To “Bright Star” New York Premiere – Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab

1. Leo September 16, 2009 at 14:05 #

I like the dress, but I don’t hink Abbie does it justice. It looks like it’s just hanging there for me. She looks sad and frumpy. Not a good look at all.

• Ally September 16, 2009 at 15:48 #

Completely agree. Everything about her says “I just got dressed for a casual day around town”, but then there is a gorgeous dress hanging on her.

• justme September 16, 2009 at 16:17 #

I agree. Maybe it’s the picture but she seriously needs to cheer up. She’s wearing a stunning dress, her posture should say I’m proud, not please help me.

2. alessia September 16, 2009 at 14:10 #

Elie Saab’s gowns are smilpy the best! They are simple and elegant in the same time.

3. mandy September 16, 2009 at 14:15 #

She should have worn a diamond necklace to complete the look. Gorgeous gown nevertheless.

4. Dana September 16, 2009 at 14:46 #

Meh. It’s a beautiful dress but I don’t think she does it any justice.

5. SarahV September 16, 2009 at 15:31 #

I like how this drapes on her body!
    No necklace needed here, in fact I think it’d distract from the dress…
    She could’ve put a little more effort in the posing though, her body language is a little blah, and a smile wouldn’t have hurt here.

6. Catherine September 16, 2009 at 15:50 #

I wish her dress had more depth of color like the runway version. her seems kinda flat – the runway version has more life.

7. iona September 16, 2009 at 16:01 #

gorgeous gown!

BTW FC, did u see Gossip Girl new season premiere? awesome,huh? :)

a friend and I have started a blog today (dont expect too much already) but I would love you to visit us!

xoxo
    iona

8. Paulo September 16, 2009 at 16:06 #

The dress is lifeless on Abbie, not to mention it looks very flat (much like her hair!).

9. Ling September 16, 2009 at 16:27 #

I agree with everyone else, Abbie makes this dress look so limp and lifeless just like her hair, I’m a little disappointed cos it’s such a gorgeous gown!

10. Flora September 16, 2009 at 16:53 #

Oh, you shower of grumpy sods, she looks great! She’s smiling fit to burst in all the other pics I’ve seen from this event, the slight difference in the brightness of the dress is clearly because the catwalk pic was taken under the glare of many flashbulbs, and I think she more than does it justice. FC, I completely agree with you, she should be up for BDOFW!

p.s: Talking of green goddesses, did you see Julianne Moore at the “Chloe” premiere in Toronto wearing an amazing balloon-sleeved green number? I’ve been dying to find out who it’s by for days!

11. bluebell September 16, 2009 at 18:56 #

The dress is fine but she doesn’t make it pop. I think she should have accessorized it with a necklace or something. Her hair’s also flat.

12. ella September 17, 2009 at 06:54 #

stunning dress to i was hoping someone would wear this dress, it was my favourite from this collection, but not abbie