15.09.09

Toronto Film Festival – “Precious: Based On The Novel “Push”

Pre-Party

With her hair tightly pulled back Paula Patton was a vision of pure loveliness at this event wearing an Jason Wu cream draped dress with gold metallic dots.

The amazing dress is paired with a stunning statement statement necklace, a black belt and strappy sandals.

Mary J Blige becomes the 4th celebrity to wear Victoria Beckham’s Carmontelle grey pencil dress with a peplum at the waist and structured shoulders.

I’m really love this look on Mary.  She can go from ghetto fab, to chic quite easily.

Her look is paired with Michael Kors multi-buckle heels.

Have we gone back in time?

Mariah Carey’s ultra tight curly having me thinking back to her ‘Vision of Love’ video.

Another thing that hasn’t changed from then is her love for LBDs.

Press Conference

Paula’s second look was a liberty print Zac Posen Fall 2009 dress.

I love how she fills the dress more than the runway model and the tan pumps.

I think a belt sitting just above the ruffle detail would’ve made me love this look even more.

Mariah Carey and singer Mary J. Blige both worked dark tight long sleeved dresses, to show off their beautiful figures.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Wore Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Gwyneth Paltrow

Who Wore Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Gwyneth Paltrow

Padres Contra El Cancer's 9th Annual "El Sueno De Esperanza" Benefit Gala

Padres Contra El Cancer’s 9th Annual “El Sueno De Esperanza” Benefit Gala

15 Responses to Toronto Film Festival – “Precious: Based On The Novel “Push”

1. shoeaholic September 15, 2009 at 10:46 #

I absolutely adore Paula’s press conference dress! It’s so subtle and chic! The nude details make it really special!

2. justme September 15, 2009 at 10:48 #

Paula looks amazing. I love both of her looks.

3. Hellwafashion September 15, 2009 at 11:16 #

Love all the looks except Mariah carey’s first black dress. Good to see Mary J blige in VB’s outfit, she looks great in it. I thought it would only suit people as skinny as VB, good to see “real women” can look great in it too.

4. GRACE September 15, 2009 at 12:57 #

Is it me or does Paula’s second dress have a silver zip thing above the ruffles? Love the design.

5. Lara September 15, 2009 at 14:07 #

Mariah’s shoes at the Pre Party are so ugly! Not a good look at all! I love Paula’s look though.

• yasmine September 15, 2009 at 17:52 #

agreed with the shoes! ugh..

6. Linda September 15, 2009 at 15:23 #

Paula Patton in Jason Wu – BDOTW contender? I’m not familiar with her, but she is flawless in this beautiful dress.

7. WendyB September 15, 2009 at 15:35 #

I like Mariah with curly hair.

8. Louisa September 15, 2009 at 16:27 #

Wow Paula’s Zac Posen look is outstanding! The dress looks like it was made for and she is glowing!

I might be alone in this but I just love Mariah’s old school look here. Even though I will concede that it does look dated now (especially when you compare it to Paula’s stunning fashion forward glamour), I much prefer it to the generic, long, dead-straight blonde hair and overly-tanned skin look Mariah has been known for more recently.. Also these looks hug her curves and show some skin but she manages to look less-Barbie like and more original (?)

9. Gaber September 15, 2009 at 16:34 #

Too bad Paula felt the need to shorten the Wu dress.
    It’s so much worse than the runway version because of it.
    I really love the Posen outfit though.

Regarding Mariah’s and Mary J’s looks – well, I am not going near that! And that’s something they should have done too!

10. yasmine September 15, 2009 at 17:57 #

I love the old “mariah” look, i dunno if it just brings back memories, or thats a look that really suits her. her press conference LBD is veryyy nice.

Mary J looks beautiful in the VB dress. is it just me or VB is among (only) the most dressed celebrity designer by other celebrities nowadays…?? I understand most celebrities launch bridge to lower end lines for the mass market but i can’t recall a celeb wearing an Elizabeth and James or any other celeb line..

11. Michal September 15, 2009 at 21:16 #

so right about the belt.

12. Dana September 16, 2009 at 01:32 #

LOVE Paula. HATE Mariah. Come on! Two black dresses back to back – skintight and short, really shocking. There comes a point where you absolutely cannot do this anymore! And yes, FC, I agree- reminds me of the 90’s and NOT in a good way!

13. stilettolover91 October 23, 2009 at 15:05 #

Do you know who designed either LBD that mariah wore or who made either pair of shoes?

• Fashion Critic October 23, 2009 at 15:07 #