15.09.09

“The Beautiful Life” Launch Party

For the first time in a loooong time I really like how Mischa Barton looks.

Gone is that grungy dishevelled mess, for a pretty feminine look.

Her hot pink Zac Posen crepe jersey gown with cut-out details is really striking, the cut flatters and the silver cuffs are a nice accessory.

It’s been a while since Mischa was a contender for Best Dressed Of The Week, but she certainly deserves it with this stunning display.

I must admit I didn’t know who Sara Paxton was until I saw her wearing the SAME Giles Fall 2009 dress which Victoria Beckham wore for ‘Fashion Nights Out’.

Did she know Victoria Beckham had previously worn this dress? Of course she did.

Did she wear it because she knew that all the attention would be on Mischa and she wanted her 15 minutes in the spotlight? Of course and why the hell not.

I personally think she looks fabulous in the dress, but I’m not at all keen on her Alejandro Ingelmo woven slingbacks.

Demi Moore continues to drink from that fountain of youth.

The actress looks stunning wearing a grey satin Grecian mini dress.

Ashley Madekwe wore a cute mini dress with long ruffled sleeves.

She paired her dress with those Christian Louboutin lace open-toe booties we recently saw Sarah Jessica Parker wearing on the Sex And The Cityset.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Milla Jovovich or Paris Hilton

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Milla Jovovich or Paris Hilton

20 Responses to “The Beautiful Life” Launch Party

1. Kim September 15, 2009 at 22:32 #

Demi looks GREAT and although I usually like a more fitted dress on young ppl with nice shapes but Ashley looks GREAT!!!

2. zzarazza September 15, 2009 at 22:46 #

Yay, Mischa! Finally… And Demi looks fabulous

3. eimear September 15, 2009 at 23:09 #

Wow. Demi Moore! What the HELL is her secret. cough *botox* cough..haha..
    Anyways she looks insanely good! BDOTW!
    And Ashley looks amaaaaaazing! Didnt Hayden wear that in pink a while back?
    Another Best dressed contender in my opinion!

4. belle September 15, 2009 at 23:17 #

this is one of the best looks of mischa barton. she is perfection in this dress. did you see the back of her dress, it’s amazing :)

5. kco8489 September 15, 2009 at 23:30 #

I honestly don’t think Sarah Paxton knew VB had previously worn the dress nor did she try to steal the spotlight. She is a sweet girl and up and coming as an actress. Besides shouldn’t her stylist know who previously wore the dress. Assuming she has a stylist

6. April September 16, 2009 at 01:51 #

Love your blog!!! Love your VB one more though…I am waiting for you to post her spring 2010 line, can’t wait to hear your opinion!! Please post soon!!

7. sydneycheapchic September 16, 2009 at 03:27 #

Mischa Looks gorgeous!

Sara Paxton in my opinion looks WAY better than Victoria did in the same dress… hmm maybe comment should be reserved for upcoming who wore it better post??

I’m loving ashley’s dress as well.. very cute!

8. WendyB September 16, 2009 at 04:21 #

Love the mini with ruffled sleeves.

9. Catherine September 16, 2009 at 06:35 #

They’re all looking great!
    Really looking forward to this show, think we’ll be seeing some great fashion.

10. Adrien September 16, 2009 at 08:56 #

Demi Moore… OUCH! :)

11. Anne September 16, 2009 at 11:53 #

Think I found my best dressed in Mischa. That colour is divine on her!

12. Joana September 16, 2009 at 12:13 #

This party was a day after Fashion’s Night Out so I TOTALLY doubt that Sara Paxton saw that dress in victoria and then decided to wear it!!
    If she had seen it, she probably wouldn’t wear it!!
    and she looks so much better than victoria! It’s like tranny vs. woman!!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 12:20 #

I disagree. There would have only been 1 sample of this dress and the stylist would have been briefed as to who had already worn it.

Also she wore it 2 days after Victoria.

Victoria’s picture was everywhere so she would have seen it.

• Ally September 16, 2009 at 13:14 #

The bigger crime is repeating an ugly dress!

• Joana September 16, 2009 at 18:23 #

If you’re sure of what you are saying then I have nothing against it! But if you’re just speculating then i’ll keep thinking that if she had seen that dress on victoria she wouldn’t have worn it! lol ;)

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2009 at 18:29 #

I’m sure :)

• Lisa September 16, 2009 at 17:24 #

I totally agree with FC. She wore it purposely. Her photograph probably wouldn’t even have made it onto this blog (or any other) if she had worn anything else. So I guess her copy-cat idea worked. Mission accomplished.

13. Flora September 16, 2009 at 20:40 #

Yeah, there’s no way she didn’t know. Still, on the plus side, she looks a thousand times better than Mrs B did in it. It probably helps that her skin tone doesn’t clash with the orange dress like Vicky’s did.

Demi looks luminous and impeccably classy as usual. Although can I make a request for a return of her iconic “Ghost”-era cropped hairdo as a Patrick Swayze tribute?

14. suejin September 17, 2009 at 03:28 #

FINALLY Mischa snapped out of it! she looks amazing.

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2009 at 13:20 #

right…I like how you said ‘snapped out of it’