Runway To “Whip It” Premiere – Drew Barrymore In Alexander McQueen

This Alexander McQueen Resort 2010 yellow dress with a web-like lace overlay is one of those dresses you see on Style.com but only imagine seeing in editorials.

Drew Barrymore made my dream a reality by wearing this magnificent creation to the “Whip It” Premiere during the Toronto Film Festival this weekend.

I love the dress, but hate the two-tone hair, even though it does add something to the overall look.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The MTV VMAs?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The MTV VMAs?

Yigal Azrouël Spring 2010

Yigal Azrouël Spring 2010

31 Responses to Runway To “Whip It” Premiere – Drew Barrymore In Alexander McQueen

1. Eliana September 14, 2009 at 19:07 #

wow, she looks amazing…

2. Maggy September 14, 2009 at 19:12 #

LOVE it! Not a fan of the hair, but as you said, it goes well with the dress!

3. robbie September 14, 2009 at 19:16 #

oh god that hair is killing me slowly! such a beautiful dress but hideous hair i hope it is for a role and not just something she wanted to do.

4. Federica September 14, 2009 at 19:16 #

why did she ruin her FANTASTIC look whit her hair? it’s ridiculous! unbelievable. the dress is perfet, one of the best I’ve ever seen. Why, oh why??

5. Sonja September 14, 2009 at 19:28 #

I have to admit, my jaw dropped! When I saw that it’s McQueen on Twitter I rushed to see the dress, but this is just gorgeous!

But what’s with the hair?! Didn’t we leave this trend some 10 years ago?

6. boogie September 14, 2009 at 19:29 #

wow, the dress is amazing!!!

7. Aideen September 14, 2009 at 19:51 #

love the dress, saw it on another website and couldnt understand if it was lace or painted on, it was just a head shot, but i knew i could trust you to put it up. Thanks she looks beautiful, the hair is a bit punk, but hey so is the dress.

8. Linda September 14, 2009 at 19:53 #

I love this dress! When I initially saw it , I wanted January Jones to wear it. I’m glad it was worn, but
    I hate the hair a lot – I think it would look a lot better if it was pulled up and away from the face, since the dress has so much visually to offer.

9. Jesse September 14, 2009 at 20:00 #

Actually made me say WOW, out loud.

So again, WOW.

10. ZzaRaZza September 14, 2009 at 20:02 #

This dress is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. on her! And the hair looks very strange, like it’s a cleaning brush ^(

11. Antonio Emanuele September 14, 2009 at 20:04 #

I choosed that dress for emma watson to wear it, that was the wish i choose for her. Check your email.. (:

12. Antonio Emanuele September 14, 2009 at 20:04 #

but she does look great in the dress with the 2 tone hair to..

13. hsua September 14, 2009 at 20:08 #

i love it , al least something new

14. Ally September 14, 2009 at 20:21 #

That dress is absolutely amazing. I love the lace. And it is perfect for Drew’s body, but did she lose a bet that made her do that to her head??

15. Chiara September 14, 2009 at 20:26 #

I had failed to see the hair until you pointed it out. I love this dress, wow!

16. Noora Al-thani September 14, 2009 at 20:37 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress (the color, the lace, the silhouette) the whole package.. i want it NOW ..
    ^_^
    it’s perfect for her .. it’s definitely a hit :)

17. Carolyn September 14, 2009 at 20:49 #

She is breathtaking. What a gorgeous dress and smile and I think she pulls off the hair!

18. Flora September 14, 2009 at 22:03 #

Sorry, but no way could Emma Watson wear this dress. It needs a really big personality to fill it and she definitely doesn’t have that. Too clean. Too nice. Too bloody borrrrrrrrrrrrrring. But Drew…

Absolutely amazing. Just jaw-dropping. One of the best looks of the year so far, I think. I love Drew, she always mixes it up so you never know what you will get. There really aren’t many people who could pull this off. In fact, I’m struggling to think of anyone apart from maybe Dita Von Teese, and this colour would look totally wrong on her.

I even love the hair! Anyone remember Teri Nunn, the singer from Berlin, of “Take My Breath Away” fame? This is the exact same hairstyle! Go on, Google it!

19. Marie September 14, 2009 at 22:13 #

I absolutely love that dress. Gorgeous.
    Still can’t understand the hair.

20. sydneycheapchic September 15, 2009 at 00:23 #

I think she still looks amazing!!

21. Pez Globo September 15, 2009 at 01:16 #

It’s so weird how that horrible hair kinda works with this dress :S anyway… the dress is to kill for

22. Gaber September 15, 2009 at 01:22 #

Love the dress.
    There is just nothing to add.

It’s also insane how cute she would look had she just simply cut off the hair where the black starts.

23. Martin September 15, 2009 at 11:02 #

I fell in love with this exquisite dress the moment that I saw it on the runway, immediately thinking to myself that it would be one of my top three runway looks of the year. One of McQueen’s finest moments in my opinion.

So, in that sense, I’d already resigned myself to the fact that (1) it would never see the light of day on the red carpet, and (2) that no-one (apart from my two all-time favourite red carpets celebrities, Cate Blanchett or Jennifer Connelly) could do justice to a dress of such beauty and grandeur. Drew looks good in it (however, by no means sensational) but I wish that it wasn’t so damn long. It looks perfect on the model, with the hem hitting just below the knee.

24. Leo September 15, 2009 at 13:59 #

I love this dress and I love it even more on Drew. She rocked it! Her red carpet moments this year have been so impressive. She gets the best dressed of the year title for me!

25. Rimini September 15, 2009 at 14:12 #

I love this dress! I the hair went well with it!

26. Jo September 15, 2009 at 21:52 #

Please, Please! PLEASE Put this up for best dressed of the week!

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2009 at 22:09 #

does a pope pray? :)

Yep sure

27. Adrien September 16, 2009 at 10:10 #

Amazing! She is just stunning!

28. Joshna September 16, 2009 at 17:49 #

This dress took my breath away…. Drew has the right combination of attitude and sweetness to do it justice.

29. shili September 16, 2009 at 19:04 #

The dress is adorable. I will just ignore Drew`s hair, cause the dress is so hypnotic!

30. Miss Grownashell September 16, 2009 at 22:20 #

Luvs the workmanship, she should have modified it for her body and style, the HAIR is a HOT MESS.