14.09.09 Worst Dressed

2009 MTV Video Music Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
Amber Rose wore a snake-print long sleeved jumpsuit.

Enough said.

Most Predictable Award
After sitting front row at the Herve Leger show earlier this afternoon in a pink Herve Leger dress, Amanda Bynes doesn’t let us down.

LBD + Trib Two’s = yawwwwnnnnnn.

Most Ill-Fitting Award
Beyonce Knowles is wearing a pretty dress, but the skirt looks way too tight. The detail on the front is only adding to this problem.

What is it with Britney and Beyonce and this need to wear clothes that just don’t flatter.

Worst Brand Ambassador Award
I know Christopher Kane is really hot right now as we’ve seen similar versions of this black tulle skirt with velvet spiral trim in the past week. But shouldn’t Whitney have used this opportunity to promote her own debut collection she presented just 2 days ago?

Just asking.

It’s Lauren Conrad Collection all over again.

I Tried To Love It, But I Can’t Award
I didn’t like this Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 dress the first time we saw it on the red carpet, and Jennifer Lopez does nothing to change my mind.

I love that she’s not being predictable, but I’ve never liked this dress.

The singer pairs her dress with Christian Louboutin peep-toe lace ankle boots, with a leopard print heel.

Oh The Irony Award
Ashley Greene was the fashion correspondent for the night, which I found totally ironic considering how bad I thought she looked.

She arrived wearing this D&G gold skirt and a black strappy corset with ruffled edges, but later changed into a worse red skirt which bunched up like Beyonce’s.

I also really hated her gold skirt white clutch combo.

Ashley has to be the worst fashion correspondent ever, as she only asked Taylor Lautner what he was wearing despite interviewing Jennifer Lopez and Leighton Meester.

Worst Hair Award
Why do I always get a sense that Lauren Conrad just isn’t trying?

The dress is pretty if you like middle of the road on the red carpet, but the hair is just atrocious.  It ages her dramatically.

Worst Balmain Award
Despite us all laughing at Pink and Shakira’s expense for wearing the same Balmain dress on the red carpet tonight, Pink didn’t do this dress any justice.

For me it makes her look even more boxy.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Brittany Snow's Closet - Karina Grimaldi Maria Strapless Top

In Brittany Snow’s Closet – Karina Grimaldi Maria Strapless Top

2009 MTV Video Music Awards - Best Dressed

2009 MTV Video Music Awards – Best Dressed

38 Responses to 2009 MTV Video Music Awards – Worst Dressed

1. nicole September 14, 2009 at 04:35 #

wtf JLO ?!
    haha Ashley looks horrible. but when amber put that thing on she pretty much got all the ladies of the hook for worst dressed of the night..

i actually think B looks great! and like Lauren’s dress

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2009 at 04:43 #

yep, Amber saved Ashley

• justme September 14, 2009 at 04:54 #

Me too, I actually like Beyonce’s look.

As for Amber Rose… I liked her idgaf attitude at first. But there’s a difference between being carefree and straight up assaulting people’s eyes. She has a great body imo yet she managed to find the one outfit that makes her look like a huge chunk of ham.

She also needs to handle her man. Between his leather jacket, the bottle of Hennessy and his antics with Taylor Swift… TRAGIC!

• Paulo September 14, 2009 at 05:08 #

I don’t think Amber Rose has an “I don’t give a F” attitude. Quite the opposite actually. She tries way too hard.

• justme September 14, 2009 at 05:44 #

Lol, Idk.
          You have to have a somewhat idgaf spirit to walk around in half pink/half sheer leggings with your butt hanging and people snickering, no?

2. Jennifer September 14, 2009 at 04:45 #

On Whitney Port, while I’d agree that she had a chance to be her own brand’s ambassador, from the photos I saw, they weren’t very MTV Video Awards esque to me.

I agree completely with you on LC’s hair. My jaw dropped when I saw her. And I’m not that much of a fan of hers.

3. Jorge September 14, 2009 at 04:48 #

Beyoncé looks so FANTASTIC!!! I love her!!

4. Mariana September 14, 2009 at 04:51 #

Hey FC!! I see you haven’t succeeded in your Fashion Week mission yet… I’m rooting for you, though!

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2009 at 04:56 #

I know. I’ll try again at Max Azria

5. Kathryn September 14, 2009 at 04:54 #

I thought Whitney and Beyonce looked great! Although I agree Lauren’s dress is a little Monday at the office. Amber and Kanye deserve each other both tacky!!

6. WendyB September 14, 2009 at 04:55 #

At least Amber Rose was sure that no one else would be wearing her outfit!

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2009 at 04:55 #

that’s for damn sure :)

7. Diana September 14, 2009 at 05:02 #

Totally agree with all these. And Lauren’s makeup looks atrocious as well. Also, the young ones need to learn how to stand right!

8. Hellwafashion September 14, 2009 at 05:04 #

The MTV awards just ruined all the good work of “fashions night out”. Were all the stylists on a night off last night or something? Amber’s by far the worst but the rest aren’t much better.

9. Paulo September 14, 2009 at 05:09 #

I agree with FC about Whitney…I was so surprised when I saw her in Christopher Kane this evening.

10. Maya September 14, 2009 at 05:16 #

I can’t even make fun of Amanda Bynes. It’s like she’s got some Herve Leger illness or something.

11. Leela September 14, 2009 at 05:16 #

I personally think Beyonce looked good, at least the shimmery gowns are diseappearing.
    Oh wow…Amber Rose… I guess they are perfect together as they both seem to be huge attention seekers

12. Rosie September 14, 2009 at 05:52 #

Did you see Lady Gaga? She gave Amber Rose a run for her money.

Love the blog xx

13. Vera September 14, 2009 at 08:16 #

Oh, Christopher Cane… Why had he made such an awful and cheap-looking collection of accessories for Versus? I wonder.

I like Whitney.

Other girls – real blah.

14. Jenny September 14, 2009 at 09:24 #

I think Whitney realised her collection was terrible and chose a better designer, Christopher Kane.

15. Adrien September 14, 2009 at 10:04 #

Did you manage to talk to Amanda FC? Cause it would be great! B.O.R.I.N.G.!!!
    Amber is at least interesting and I kinda like the creature type of women…
    Lauren Conrad should never shop in a mall to go to a red carpet event…

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2009 at 11:22 #

not yet :)

• Adrien September 14, 2009 at 11:53 #

But you really have to, it s a fashion “Mission: Impossible”!

16. leele September 14, 2009 at 11:14 #

i’m completely in love with witney’s look and i simply don’t get why you put it in worst dress post……..i kinda guess what you’d like or not because i visit your blog for more than a year and i just thought that you would love it………..it’s strange…

17. Ally September 14, 2009 at 12:22 #

I loved Beyonce’s look. She looked gorgeous to me.

• Adrien September 14, 2009 at 14:04 #

Agree… Don’t get why she’s on the worst dressed list…
      She’s not one of the best dressed but she looks nice to me too!

18. Matt September 14, 2009 at 12:28 #

Amanda, Herve and YSL…….AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!. Pick up the pace, even the cripple don’t move this slow.

19. Cleopatra September 14, 2009 at 12:56 #

I am SO over Kanye West right now, I think he’s a total attention grabbing jerk.

20. Lauren September 14, 2009 at 13:27 #

Even though Jennifer Aniston plays it safe on the red carpet, she has at least upped her game a little recently, so why can’t Amanda?

Never have I seen someone so predictable and boring – even if she changed her hairstyle for once it would be a major improvement. In saying that, she a lot looked better than Amber Rose.

21. Boeshane September 14, 2009 at 13:36 #

Amber Rose… I don’t need to say anything. And Kanye West, on the red carpet with a bottle…. WTF ?!

Beyonce, Britney, same fight. They must be so scared to reconized that they don’t have a perfectly slim body… If only they understood how stupid this is.

Whitney… How can she make a Kane skirt look so cheap ?

Ashley Greene look is a hot mess. There is a feel of prom look with this hairdo and the black strappy corset with ruffled edges. And I don’t understand why she added white accessories.

22. Alexandra September 14, 2009 at 13:41 #

oh Ashley how can you let your fans down like that…! I’m devastated. I was completely in love with her and now I don’t even know what to think! Hope she’ll make up for it although it would be hard. And this hair…! WHY?!

Amber’s outfit just makes me laugh. it’s like a huge snake-print condom :D

23. Kim September 14, 2009 at 15:49 #

In total agreement that Ashley as fashion correspondent was IRONIC even tragic!

BUT I NEVER like Beyonce’s over dramatized, shiny, sparkly Tina Knowles tragic creations but though Bey looked great in red last night!

24. Mai September 14, 2009 at 15:59 #

pink looks short and retangular. while amber is disgusting in her outfit. what was she thinking. maybe she was thinking at all. i was never a fan of ashley greene style. and this outfit really proves me right!. amanda bynes=lame…..thats all i can say….

25. Adrien September 14, 2009 at 17:10 #

I just have to say about Kanye West: What a jerk! pffff what he did to Taylor Swift was just a lack of education, poor thing on the stage she was like so embarassed and obviously Beyonce was too!

26. robbie September 14, 2009 at 19:14 #

amber, once a slut always a slut that’s for sure.

amanda, this girl is a millionaire yet she wears the exactly same stuff all the time, wonder if she gets a 50% discount on herve leger dresses.

beyonce, yes beyonce we know you have great legs, great cleavage and a great body all round but please cover it up.

whitney, her collection must be as sh*t as LCs if even she cant wear her own designs.

jennifer, this is one ugly dress and what the hell is up with those weird looking sleeves????? Jenny from the block more like jenny from the dump.

ashley, oh god the only thing missing from this look is orange skin and she would fit perfectly in glasgow at 2am.

lauren, its all bad the dress isn’t even cute.

pink, im glad she went for a rock chic style dress but I wish she had it pulled up a little more like the model had hers.

27. ella September 15, 2009 at 01:00 #

beyonce for me looks the best and i i like the elie saab dress better on the model than nelly it just doesnt look as elegant on nellly

28. Beatrice September 15, 2009 at 02:43 #

I don’t LC and Whitney should be on the worst dress list. LC dress is safe and mundane but she doesnt belong on this list

29. Cwosby October 15, 2009 at 22:28 #

LOL!! the first pic is so ugly, srry grl it’s an award show not a dance rehearsal!