12.09.09

Jason Wu Spring 2010

A lot of people thought that Jason Wu’s Fall 2009 collection was aimed at a mature customer after dressing Michelle Obama.

For Wu’s Spring 2010 collection he reverted back to more youthful girlie girl looks, which cover everything from cute dresses, to tweed pant suits.

There were no gowns, but cute cocktail dresses, knitwear, outwear, and daywear were presented.

I loved the classic cinched in waists, the feather pieces which added elegance, the youthful shorter hemlines and the vast array of bright colours, punchy patterns, and interesting textures.

This collection was edgier and sexier than past seasons. I expect to see many of the pieces on the red carpet.

The colour palette included sunflower yellow, pretty pinks and hot metallic.

Kerry Washington was in the front row looking so cute wearing a strapless dress with a tulip skirt and orange bodice from Jason Wu’s Resort 2010 collection.

Amanda Peet opted for a nude tiered Fall 2009 dress which she paired with tights and two tone heels.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Diane Kruger's Closet - See by Chloé Studded Ankle Boots

In Diane Kruger’s Closet – See by Chloé Studded Ankle Boots

Best Dressed Of The Week - Alexis Bledel In Christian Siriano & Kate Beckinsale In Jil Sander

Best Dressed Of The Week – Alexis Bledel In Christian Siriano & Kate Beckinsale In Jil Sander

12 Responses to Jason Wu Spring 2010

1. Hellwafashion September 12, 2009 at 15:25 #

Love, love, love it. Maybe it’s the models but I do think it has a Balmainesque type feel to it. Not that that takes away from it, just reminds me a bit of Decarnin’s style a bit, that’s all.

2. Rebecca September 12, 2009 at 16:12 #

I adore this collection. It was sassy and sexy but still cute. Wu really captured the girlie fashionista vibe throughout the entire collection.

3. Stuti September 12, 2009 at 16:17 #

My wow moment. :)
    And Thanks a ton for all the coverage FC, love!

4. justme September 12, 2009 at 17:03 #

Sassy collection indeed, I love it.
    Kerry looks lovely. Those tights on Amanda though… it makes the dress look very grandmaish.

5. Celeste September 12, 2009 at 18:40 #

i like the dress Kerry has on very pretty on her

6. Jasmina September 12, 2009 at 18:58 #

Love this collection <3… Can I have all these dresses please? :D

7. Szonja September 12, 2009 at 19:37 #

Really love the dress with banana coloured belt !
    The other pieces just have a déja vu feeling… sorry Jason

8. Ling September 12, 2009 at 20:57 #

Seeing this collection made me wish it was spring … fall collections are so dull in comparison!! I love the yellow one shoulder dress in particular.

9. Ayvee September 13, 2009 at 01:09 #

Jason Wu is really a designer to watch!

On another note, hope you can help. I’ve been trying to find a close-up of the headpiece that the Jason Wu model is wearing – wearing the same dress as Amanda Peet. Is this head accessory available for sale or borrowed? I’ve checked NeimanMarcus but they only sell Jason Wu clothes; no accessories.

I’ve also seen metallic fringe necklaces that the models wore for the Fall2009 collection and can’t find them anywhere. Hope you have an idea where to get them.

Thanks!

10. FelipeA September 13, 2009 at 04:15 #

FC i am shocked you haven’t even mentioned the fact Kerry is wearing black pumps with that dress. to me it brings the whole look down.

11. GRACE September 13, 2009 at 10:14 #

Love the collection. I wish Kerry’s skirt had been arrangee nicely, it looked nicer on the model.

12. leele September 13, 2009 at 13:38 #

i’m simply in love with the white dress and the black dress with green belt! i see stars like diane kruger and sophia bush in this adorable dresses