11.09.09

Whitney Eve Spring 2010

Whitney Eve was the debut collection for “The City” star Whitney Port.

In the programme notes she said the inspiration was Alice in Wonderland goes to a cocktail party.

I expected boho chic as that’s the look Whitney loves, but I was presented with sugary sweet pieces which I’m sure her fan base will love.

Kimono dresses, Grecian dresses, gold metallics, candy coloured two-piece ensembles,suit jackets, playful strapless dresses with tulle and frilly blouses, glittery halter dresses and satin body suits were presented.

Click here to view the whole collection.

I expected BFF Lauren Conrad to be in the front row to support her friend, but she was a no-show.

Charlotte Ronson, Olivia Palermo, Jay Lyons, and Allie were all in the front row to support their co-star.

Kelly Cutrone worked the show co-ordinating the production, and I’m sure she was very proud of Whit.

Credit: Coutorure

Maria Bello In Naeem Khan - 'Prisoners' LA Premiere

Maria Bello In Naeem Khan – ‘Prisoners’ LA Premiere

Jason Wu Spring 2010

Jason Wu Spring 2010

8 Responses to Whitney Eve Spring 2010

1. robbie September 11, 2009 at 21:06 #

wow yet another “celeb” doing a fashion line, “working” at diane von furstenberg really has inspired her, except diane makes gorgeous clothes these are just boring.

a little rant, i hate when these “celebs” “design” their own collections, yet you have people who spend years studying at college and working their asses off to get noticed, yet these “celebs” can do it so easily *rolls eyes*

• Matt September 11, 2009 at 21:17 #

I totally agree with you, a little fame and a reality show you can become a designer. Although her line is better than Lauren Conrad’s line, alot of inspiration from DVF I see.

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 21:19 #

much better than Lauren’s

• robbie September 11, 2009 at 21:30 #

well FC lets face it a monkey could do better than LC, hers was a frickin mess its no wonder she hardly wears her own designs.

2. mette September 11, 2009 at 22:23 #

I agree that it kinda sucks that celebs can get a fashion show just like that but we do know from the show that Whitney actually has been studying…
    And yes her collection is way better than LC’s!
    I wouldn’t wear it but I bet a lot of her fans will.

3. Lily September 12, 2009 at 03:00 #

I’m actually surprised!!! I like the outfits… It’s cute and something I would wear, definitely better than Lauren’s collection.

4. yasmine September 12, 2009 at 04:22 #

I think i would give whitney more credit, even more than established celeb lines other than lauren’s. The line is pretty cute and I think she earns praises despite the help of the reality show and all.

5. Sample Hunters August 26, 2010 at 20:23 #

I think Whitney collection is very good and very her style. If you have watched all the Hills and The city she dresses like that and it reflects in her designs. I think she has more style than LC. I am looking forward to adding her designs to my up and coming designer sample in London