11.09.09 Premiere

Julianne Moore Promotes “A Single Man” At Venice Film Festival In Tom Ford

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there’s something about red heads and green that is so electrifying – case and point a drop-dead gorgeous Julianne Moore wearing an emerald green Tom Ford silk gown on the red carpet for the “A Single Man” premiere.

The gown is sexy without being to overt. I love the knee-high split which is different, the bold red lips and her cute freckles.

This has to be one of her best ever looks.

I wasn’t blown away by her photocall look of a Tom Ford black Tuxedo, but she does wear it well.

Credit: Wireimage

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino - 'Maps To The Stars' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – ‘Maps To The Stars’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Toronto Film Festival Round Up

Toronto Film Festival Round Up

8 Responses to Julianne Moore Promotes “A Single Man” At Venice Film Festival In Tom Ford

1. claire September 11, 2009 at 21:44 #

wow julianne is looking wonderful in the green dress!!
    the tuxedo is alright but i really love her simple make-up at the photocall, just perfect

2. Dana September 11, 2009 at 21:50 #

She looks amazing in that green dress. Wow.

3. marvel September 11, 2009 at 22:12 #

Your right, Green and Redheads go hand in hand.

BTW FC, thanks for giving us great insight on fashion week as well as the Venice Film Festival. It must be quite hectic! I think I speak for everyone, when I say BRAVO!!

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 22:14 #

thanks sweets :*

4. Ally September 12, 2009 at 02:49 #

Definitely agree about redheads in green. It just looks great against the hair and pale skin. There is something somewhat off about the green dress here though. I feel like the mid portion cuts her in a way that makes it unflattering. If the mid hem were a little higher it would be a knockout!

5. jay September 12, 2009 at 07:14 #

I agree that she looks great in green but I am not sure that is the optimal shade for her… Had that dress been an emerald green she would have been A-MAZINGGGG

6. Szonja September 12, 2009 at 19:46 #

Wow, the green dress is stunning… hard to believe that she’s 50 years “young” !
    But there is a golden rule again: black is not the colour of redheads. I know because I’m a redhead too. Maybe a simple black t-shirt with beige trousers. and accessoires.. but not all black. And she should have wore heir hair in a less strict style… she’s too muted with the ponytail.

7. dee September 1, 2010 at 18:30 #

I love this dress on Julianne. She would have been perfect if she had on a long pendant necklace in gold or copper.