11.09.09

BCBG Max Azria Spring 2010

The BCBG Max Azria Spring 2010 was all about prints, bod-con and asymmetrical dresses.

We were presented with vivid colours, geometric colour blocking, draping, black chiffon overlays and embellishments.

There were a lot of pieces wrapped or draped with chiffon which added a sexy edge to the collection as this fabric covered most of the peek-a-boo cut-outs.

I’ll imagine the bod-con dresses will be very popular with young Hollywood, but there was something for everyone from the daytime dresses to the sexy mini dress to the evening gowns.

The collection was as expected was youthful, sexy and fabulous.

You will be surprised to know that you can ALREADY shop this collection.

BCBG have capitalised on the fact that when we see it on the runway, we want it now. Not 6 months down the line.

Go to BCBG Max Azria’s website to shop this collection.

I didn’t spot Amanda Bynes at the show, and I was deeply disappointed as I would’ve seriously asked her ‘what gives’ with the ‘Never Changing Hair and LBDs’.

Yes I would have seriously asked her, in a really polite way of course. Especially when she would have had a wealth of free dresses to pick from for this show, yet she still opted for ANOTHER LBD. *bangs head against Starbucks table*

I hope she’s at the Herve Leger show because I HAVE to speak to her. It’s my fashion week mission.

It’s rare that I find any woman taller than me, but Keri Hilson was.

Not only that but she is BEAU-TI-FUL. I never noticed until today.

Pictures do not do this girl justice because I was in awe.

The singer was wearing a BCBG ensemble paired with camel heels and an outstanding statement necklace.

I think I have a new girl crush.

I do like this chartreuse BCBG Max Azria Fall 2009 dress, but I preferred it on the runway to Lynn Collins.

Click here to see who else was at the show.

If you have been following me on Twitter, you would’ve seen my post on Anna Wintour who I saw as she made her way into the BCBG show whilst I queued.

The editor-in-chief of Vogue was of course wearing Prada.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Saks Fifth Avenue Launch Of Designer Third Floor

Saks Fifth Avenue Launch Of Designer Third Floor

Anna Sui For Target Pop-Up Store Launch Party

Anna Sui For Target Pop-Up Store Launch Party

17 Responses to BCBG Max Azria Spring 2010

1. xoliquoricexo September 11, 2009 at 01:57 #

the coral bodycon dress (not shown here) is my favorite piece. i expect it’ll be very popular next spring. we wait and see :-)

xo

2. ber September 11, 2009 at 02:49 #

I so hope you run into Amanda Bynes. That would be epic!

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 03:00 #

it is really my mission :)

3. Mai September 11, 2009 at 03:32 #

you go get amanda bynes girl! :D
    and i agree with you about Keri Hilson. she is really pretty. i use to mistake her for ciara….

4. cat September 11, 2009 at 06:57 #

I like amanda bynes but she seriously need to do something with her style, hair and fashion wise. She used to wear pretty decent clothes but now it’s all about short and tight black dresses. She also needs to get rid of those hair extensions. Fingers crossed that you’ll get to meet her!
    Oh and I really like those body-con dresses! soo sexy!

5. nitu September 11, 2009 at 08:39 #

hi, what did you think of mallika sherawat’s outfit at this show?

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:25 #

who is that???

6. Lee September 11, 2009 at 08:52 #

LOVE Keri Hilson, she is so sexy and stylish and love her music. Oh, and I wish I had a body con dress :’(

7. Camilla September 11, 2009 at 09:18 #

I love the middle splatter print dress, the contrast is gorgeous and the model wears it so well. Though, saying that, I’d very happily own anything from this spread.

8. Ferosh September 11, 2009 at 10:44 #

Keri Hilson is apparantly 5ft9 so she must have had sky scrapers on! Cant stand Amanda Bynes, she hasnt had a major Movie role since 2006 i guess she cant afford anything other than tight little dresses! her Wikipedia picture offends me.

9. Camilla September 11, 2009 at 11:07 #

p.s. Some of those models look uncomfortably gaunt. Could you take emergency supplies of crisps and cake with you to the next shows to donate to these sickly looking souls? I think I’d be more comfortable with worshpping the clothes on their backs then.

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:22 #

It is frightening how skinny some of them are.

Like how do they function let alone stand in 6in heels

10. Ally September 11, 2009 at 13:07 #

LOVE the splatter paint dresses. Especially the next to last one. If Leighton wants to go edgy, I’d love to see her in one of these pieces :).

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:20 #

I agree Leighton would look great in those dresses

11. Dennis September 11, 2009 at 14:28 #

Anna Wintour still uses a Razr phone?! That kills me!

12. Lala/S-R September 11, 2009 at 15:11 #

Amanda=BORING!!
    Lynn Collins makes the dress look kind of trashy. Is it just me?
    As for Keri Hilson, I have to disagree, FC. Anyone can be “BEAU-TI-FUL” with good make-up. It is Hollywood after all. Everyone is so-called “beautiful”. The “most beautiful people,” as they say. She’s far from beautiful to me. But, hey!!!! That’s ur opinion.

Hope you enjoyed the show!!!!!!!

13. marvel September 11, 2009 at 22:17 #

Right FC, you grab Amanda by her collar, tower over her (you are tall!) and give her some fashion tips!!! Tell her that there are other dresses that go beneath the knee.

You need to get that girl and shake the boring out of her

PS Hope your having a fun time!!