11.09.09

Anna Sui For Target Pop-Up Store Launch Party

Known for her mix of vintage glamour, art and culturally inspired-design, Anna Sui developed her Target collection inspired by the distinct looks of “Gossip Girl” characters Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Jenny Humphrey and Vanessa Abrams.

You may remember I did a post on the looks a few months ago.

Today Target opened a limited-time-only pop-up store in celebration of the Anna Sui for Target collection launch to give New Yorkers the opportunity to shop the entire collection before it hits stores nationwide on September 13th.

Emma Stone was one of the many guests at the launch party last night.

She wore a white lace accented with a blue bow from Blair Waldorf’s collection with uninspiring black pumps.

Blake Lively was there to support the collection, but wasn’t actually wearing the collection.

She wore a cute multi-coloured tiered dress with the same Christian Louboutin studded heels Alexandra Burke wore earlier this week, plus a stack of bangles.

Fresh faced and gorgeous as always.

Jessica Szohr gave us her best diva poses as she walked the red carpet wearing a cropped top and black jeans, with some questionable animal print heels.

Michelle Trachtenberg opted for a bright floral dress which she partially covered with a leather jacket

OMG. Taylor Momsen gets scarier and scarier for me.

The T-shirt and high-waisted skirt aren’t the issue.

It’s the hair and make-up.

You can check out the Anna Sui for Target collection online.

Credit: Wireimage

BCBG Max Azria Spring 2010

BCBG Max Azria Spring 2010

Prabal Gurung Spring 2010

Prabal Gurung Spring 2010

29 Responses to Anna Sui For Target Pop-Up Store Launch Party

1. Pen Pen September 11, 2009 at 02:22 #

I cringe every time I saw taylor momsen. My sis is her age and I am so glad my sis never dresses like her, like a walking dragged queen. I don’t like talking trash of a 17 years old, but this is absolutely too much.

• marvel September 11, 2009 at 22:13 #

She is actually 16 years old, which makes it even worse!

2. Dorian Gray September 11, 2009 at 02:23 #

Taylor seems Christina Aguilera (at her worst!)

3. Catherine September 11, 2009 at 04:16 #

omg..Taylor looks like Courtney Love! she used to be so fresh faced and naturally pretty during season 1/early season 2 of Gossip Girl, then this ‘rebel’ period kicked in and i can’t say i’m a fan.

Blake looks great, love her heels. Not so sure about Jessica’s outfit, but i can say she has a great body!

4. Anna September 11, 2009 at 04:34 #

I believe the heels that Jessica Szohr are wearing is from Topshop.

• sanjchee September 11, 2009 at 13:33 #

I think they might be Ashish for Topshop.
      Blake looks lovely, I love mixing neutrals and studs :)

5. Cat September 11, 2009 at 05:10 #

Eish Taylor looks like a drag queen. She’s trying way to hard to be cool, where obvisouly it comes natural to the very cool people….hahahaha. shame!

• robbie September 11, 2009 at 17:48 #

that is actually an insult to drag queens :-P

6. Terry September 11, 2009 at 05:37 #

Blake’s dress is by Vena Cava.

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:25 #

thanks

7. Carmen September 11, 2009 at 07:56 #

She looks like she’s trying to be The Bride of Chucky with that idiotic make-up… She’s trying far too hard. You can smell it from all the way over here!

8. Carmen September 11, 2009 at 10:29 #

Will we be able to buy the collection online? I really love that white lace dress

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:23 #

I think so. Check the site on the 13 when the collection goes live.

9. ~**juDee**~ September 11, 2009 at 11:41 #

taylor momsen is just so ridiculous…..she’s an embarrassment to society period

10. Adrien September 11, 2009 at 11:43 #

Might be shocking but I love Taylor Momsen this time!!
    I find Jessica Szohr much scarier…
    Blake Lively looks so great and so fresh… would have chosen different shoes though…

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:21 #

I’m shocked ;)

• Adrien September 11, 2009 at 14:41 #

But she’s a rockstar now!! :) trying to look like one!
        I just like her outfit very much, and she remembers me my sister, always wearing too much make up (not that much!!)

• robbie September 11, 2009 at 17:44 #

she isnt a rockstar she is a wannabe rock star. she is a silly little girl trying to act older than she is. why cant kids just act their age and stop trying to hard to mature so fast.

11. Sophie Peters September 11, 2009 at 12:21 #

i think Taylor is only 16! Awful – poor thing needs to sack the stylist , hairdresser and makeup artist. She will lose all her hair by the time she’s 20 with all that peroxide shoved in it! x

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 13:21 #

In an interview recently she said she doesn’t have a stylist – but the trend for stars these days is to say they don’t when they do

12. Szonja September 11, 2009 at 12:41 #

Taylor Momsen is the pretty example that highlighting both the eyes and the lips with heavy colours is a crime (except if you would like to look like a prostitute or a vampire!) I know that in some seasons it was trendy – maybe on the catwalks, but not for any other occasion. It’s a golden rule that everyone should better respect.
    Anyway the Anna Sui collection is a good idea, and surely have really nice pieces, I’m curious

• Chiara September 11, 2009 at 14:26 #

Yeah I agree with this golden rule, exactly what I thought too.

13. krisha September 11, 2009 at 13:46 #

um jessica looks like a hooker with that cropped top on. I am not commenting on her body, because it is amazing, but that outfit is dreadfully tacky.

14. Ling September 11, 2009 at 14:14 #

It’s great that the Gossip Girl stars turned up but I wished they’d worn some of the pieces from the collection … they might have ended up looking a bit better if they had!

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2009 at 15:18 #

you would think they would have. Very strange.

15. Chiara September 11, 2009 at 14:27 #

I just wanted to say that I looked again at the Anna Sui collection for target and I think they are some really nice pieces, I’m a little disappointed none of the actresses took the opportunity to advertise some of it…

16. Weber September 11, 2009 at 15:57 #

Afff –‘
    I’m so bored and tired of Taylor M.
    poor girl, absolutely fugly :x
    She’s trying too hard….
    WOW
    What a HOT BODY you got, Jessica *-*
    Ed Westwick is a lucky man
    Georgeous and hottie ♥

17. Rebecca September 12, 2009 at 16:40 #

When I see Taylor Momsen, it actually makes me appreciate Miley Cyrus for not acting that way. After her Teen Vogue interview, I thought surely it couldn’t get much worse, but it most definelty has. She used to be so fresh-faced and pretty.

Sadly, those days are long gone.

18. Maria September 13, 2009 at 06:38 #

Jessica looks awful. I’m really surprised. What’s with the shirt? Her makeup is worse than Taylor’s.