Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Shu Qui or Elisabetta Canalis

George Clooney has a new girlfriend, so that must means he has a new movie to promote.

Elisabetta Canalis is George’s current flavour of this red carpet season, and the genetically blessed couple looked outstanding walking their first red carpet together at “The Men Who Stare At Goats” premiere during Venice Film Festival.

Him in a dark suit, and her in a stunning teal Roberto Cavalli strapless teal gown with black peep-toes and a black clutch.

Her Cinderella moment would’ve been so perfect had Shu Qi not worn the same dress 5 months ago.

The 2009 Cannes Film Festival judge Cavalli gown to the “UP” premiere with a diamond necklace.

I was considering giving this win to Elisabetta as I love the colour against her skin, but then I noticed the tattoo on her arm and moved my vote to Shu.

Credit: Wireimage

New York Fashion Week Spring 2010

New York Fashion Week Spring 2010

In Katherine Jenkins' Closet - Victoria Beckham Giral Strapless Silk Dress

In Katherine Jenkins’ Closet – Victoria Beckham Giral Strapless Silk Dress

9 Responses to Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Shu Qui or Elisabetta Canalis

1. Pen Pen September 9, 2009 at 07:13 #

My vote goes to Shu Qi. I love the color against her skin and I love the way she glammed up the dress by pulling back her hair and showing off the stunning jewelry.
    Plus, I dislike the black shoes/purse combo by Elisabetta.

2. Ahot September 9, 2009 at 08:23 #

shu qi of course, she is just classy and very elegant. this tattoo ruins everything and makes her look trashy and disguised. sorry…

3. Elbnymphe September 9, 2009 at 08:47 #

The way the hem gathers at her feet, plus the way she stands with a slight curve, makes Shu Qi the perfect Art Nouveau figure.

4. Dorian Gray September 9, 2009 at 09:00 #

Elisabetta’s shoes are Paciotti while her clutch is Ferragamo. Thanks for this post. Elisabetta Canalis is very famous in Italy for her tv and cinema roles. Enjoy NY!

5. Linda September 9, 2009 at 11:22 #

Shu Qi looks like royalty in this dress, whereas the Elisabetta does not. The tatoo alone throws her look off, but also Shu Qi looks much more elegant and graceful than Elisabetta (never heard of either of them before).

6. Sarah September 9, 2009 at 13:11 #

I think they both look gorgeous, but obviously george was the better accessory with the dress!

7. Sara September 9, 2009 at 15:49 #

Elisabetta looks so gorgeous in this dress, and the color against her skin is amazing.

Just pretend the tatoo is a nice bangle :)

8. jay September 9, 2009 at 19:18 #

Ok I went with Shu Qi too, because I adore the wreath/strapless combo.
    But I take LARGE exception to your giving her the win because of Elisabetta’s tattoo. So this girl is no longer allowed to show her arms because she bears a tattoo? She can’t exactly change the tattoo like a pair of shoes… it’s permanent. It’s kinda like saying, I don’t like anything Lisa Rinna wears because of her lips. Sure those lips were a choice, but there also isn’t too much she can do about them now that she has made that choice…

9. Shami September 10, 2009 at 00:25 #

I think the dress fits Shu’s body much better.