2009 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Sporting longer locks which were swept to the side, Lily Allen was named “Woman of the Year” and the “2009 GQ Men Of The Year Awards” in London last night.

The face of Chanel “Coco Cocoon” bag collection walked the red carpet wearing a black sheer double strapped Chanel Resort 2010 gown.

Had Lily wondered what that extra piece of material was for on the front of her gown, she’ll wonder no more when she sees her picture in the papers this morning.

Many of you are horrified that Lily is the face of Chanel, and when she ruins a perfectly wonderful gown like this I have to agree.

Freida Pinto makes a vast improvement from her last outing, which lets face it wouldn’t have been too difficult.

I love that she took a risk with this Christopher Kane black layered dress, but the hair is a bit too prim and proper for such an edgy look.

The actress pairs her dress with Rupert Sanderson Khyber cutout sandals.

I would’ve much rather seen Freida wear something more colourful, but I think she just pulls this off.

Louise Redknapp also opted for a shortened Christopher Kane Fall 2009 asymmetrical dress.

Her mesh dress with black velvet trims was paired with YSL Trib Two heels and Bottega Veneta clutch.

Katherine Jenkins appears to love the Victoria Beckham dress collection as much as the designer herself, as this is the 2nd VB dress we’ve seen her wear.

This time she opted for violet Giral strapless shot silk dress.

I’m guessing Katherine likes this collection so much because the dresses caters for those with a larger bust.

When I tried on a strapless dress from Victoria’s Spring 2009 collection I could barely fill the bodice.

The only way I recognised that Gemma Arterton was wearing Louis Vuitton was by her clutch and heels.

For some reason the LV pizazz is lost on Gemma, and this ruffle collared jacket suddenly becomes quite ordinary.

I just feel like raising the collar, its not meant to be so flat.

Victoria Hesketh aka Little Boots was one of my favourites at this event wearing a Josh Goot multi coloured printed ruched mini dress.

The surprising feature is that the back of the dress and sleeves are plain black.

The singer completes her look with an Alexander McQueen knuckle duster clutch.

Pixie Lott opted for a bedazzling Collette Dinnigan Spring 2009 mini dress coved in diamanté embellishments.

Ankle boots and studded cuffs complete the look.

We first saw this dress worn by Taylor Swift.

Much like Leighton Meester’s MTV Movie Awards Emilio De La Morena dress, Alexandra Burke’s black and white mesh Emilio Pucci dress is quite cheeky.

I’m really scared to see what this dress looked like from the back.

A turtleneck? In yesterday’s soaring heat?

I feel hot just looking at Kelly Osbourne wearing this Jasmine di Milo’s Fall 2009 dress.

Dita von Teese will be full of admiration for Kelly Brook’s waist reducing dress.

The pink rubber printed Atsuko Kudo Couture dress appears to have a built in corset to give Kelly an hour glass shape.

I bet she gave off a sexy wiggle when she walked in this dress.

Even though Eva Mendes was the “big star” at this event I was more impressed by people like Little Boots and Kelly Brook for giving us something new.

Eva wore a stunning maroon shimmering gown.

The colour was sublime on her, but the wow factor was missing. Eva can do this kind of look in her sleep.

Daisy Lowe opted for a space-aged look, which she paired down with black pumps.

Rachel Stevens hair and make-up is quite outstanding. I love the transformation maybe the newlywed decided to spice up her image.

Her LND with a voluminous skirt is oh so cute.

Tamara Ecclestone wore a striking Preen black and white lightening-print bandage-style dress paired with black ankle boots and a matching clutch.

Elizabeth Hurley’s strapless but dress is cute enough, but why I’m I so bored?

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

23 thoughts on “2009 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

1. nicole

i saw some more pics of Freida and i think she really worked the dress… i liked that it wasnt safe.
    eva looks amazing. and so does rachel s.

2. ~**juDee**~

RE liliy allen/ alexandra burke: ewww!
    alexandras wearing far too much make-up and lily allen just destroys this dress. her hair is not all that hot either…..
    eva mendes on the other hand….WOW! honestly, ive never been more in awe of her beauty! ive never understooc (much like how i feel for angelina) what the fuss was about, but i sure as hell see it here!
    rachel stevens and kelly brooke look fabulous too! ^_^

3. shubby doo

lol@ lily allen…how did she get it so wrong…*smh*

i gotta say i love freida’s look in this post!

i think they need to change burke’s sytlist…it always looks like she is trying too hard and i haven’t seen a look outside of last’s years x-factor that works on her…she doesnt have the body shape or presence to pull of this look…hence it’s cheapness

4. Linda

Lily Allen – Wow. Just wow. I never thought a piece of Chanel clothing could look that terrible. Are you telling me they pay this woman to represent them?

I always imagined that in cases like this, a stylist from Chanel would make sure the person looked good when they go out, but I guess I was wrong. ha ha.

5. Mimi

Lily Allen – looks like something from the Hammer House of Horrors. Appalling!!!

Freida Pinto – looks disappointing and like she is uncomfortable with what she is wearing.

Louise Redknapp – looks tired and worn out and like she is wearing an awning.

Katherine Jenkins – those VB dresses look so cheap as does KJ.

Little Boots – God, she looks so old and the dress – I sometimes wonder how designers get away with producing such unattractive garments. I doubt even the Chinese ladies would look good in this dress.

Pixie Lott – her orange legs don’t go with her pale face and arms. I wish these celebs would wear long dresses if their legs are not up to the tight minis they seem to love.

Kelly Brook – has a great figure in that dress, but the pattern on it is awful and doesn’t compliment her skin tone.

I love Eva Mendes’ dress, but she is looking so worn out.

Alexandra Burke – OMG, I love Alexandra, but here she looks like she’s wearing an ill-fitting wig, and the style of the dress makes her hips look huge. Another one who should have worn long.

Kelly Osbourne – oh dear. The tattoos, the stumpy legs, the ill fitting dress. She knows she looks awful as well, you can see it in her face.

6. marvel

Wow!! I dont think anyone got it perfctly right except for Kelly Brook. I like the dress but on Freid, i agree the hair didnt suit it at all

7. Camilla

BDOTW nomination for Rachel Stevens: I really, really love it – I definitely intend to copy the make-up! Her look is the only one I completely love.

8. Adrien

OMG!
    Lily Allen and Kelly Osbourne should shop together!
    Kelly Brook looks sooo good!!

Was the event in England?

9. mm

Mostly everyone has on black shoes. Boring! But out of all that black i love Rachel Stevens look the best. Alexandra burke’s dress makes her look pregnant.

10. robbie

lily, a hot mess i wish this chav would just fall off the face of the planet already.

freida, its all great from the ankles up.

louise, its love this also from the ankles up. i wish people who owned those god damn shoes with throw them away.

katherine, sexy but classy just perfect!

gemma, love it on her on the runway its just frickin hideous, but that whole collection was hideous.

victoria, its cute but nothing mind blowing.

pixie, cute dress but yet another talentless newcomer i wish would fall off the face of the planet.

kelly, gorgeous dress but seriously rubber? how tacky.

eva, she looks frickin hot! but she seems to have toned down the sex with her outfit though.

daisy, *yawn* this “model” is just so god damn dull.

rachel, hate everything about this look the dress, the hideous shoes, the make-up the hair. TERRIBLE!

tamara, cute but she gotta tone down the orange tan. she looks like megan fox long lost sister mannequin.

alexandra, wow she paired lovely loubies with that skanky dress. she looks like she should be on a street corner not a red carpet.

elizabeth, she always looks the same and why does she always seem to match her eyeshadow with her dresses????? who does that?

kelly, a smile would have made this look so much better. plus the hair hate it.

11. Ksenia

~Freida Pinto is stunning and fresh as always
    ~Coco Chanel would not be enthused about the see-throughness of this gown on both the runway and on Lily Allen that makes it trashy, not Chanel classy.
    ~Eva is stunning- I was worried about the twins, but the dress fits so perfect that they are under control.
    ~Alexandra Burke’s Pucci dress works for her and I love her shoes
    ~This is disgusting. Why try to minimize your waist like Kelly Brook? This is the 21st century.