08.09.09 Premiere

Venice Film Festival Catch Up

“South Of The Border” Premiere

Finally someone wears a Phoebe Philo’s Celine Resort 2010 look on the red carpet.

Granted the collection doesn’t have gowns or cute cocktail dresses, but I always pictured someone like Chloe Sevigny in the pieces.

Tilda Swinton walked the red carpet with Director Luca Guadagnino at this daytime premiere wearing a camel jacket, white top, black slightly cropped pants and strappy heels as per the runway.

I LOVE the look.

Forget Chloe, only Tilda can pull this off. On anyone else the jacket may have looked too boxy.

“White Material” Premiere

Speaking of class acts, Isabelle Huppert was head-to-clutch-to-toe in YSL.

My Best Dressed Cannes 2009 judge proves that her Cannes run was not a fluke, as she looks elegant wearing a YSL satin tank dress paired with biscotto satin slingback sandals and an emerald satin and sequined Muse clutch.

“Capitalism: A Love Story” Premiere

Tilda Swinton next look was a midnight blue Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009 gathered kimono sleeve dress.

Tilda appears to be a fan of Alber Elbaz designs as she has worn Lanvin on the red carpet many times before, especially on big occasions.

The actress pairs her dress with a Lanvin amber resin necklace and Lanvin suede pumps with metal mirrored heels.

I was just about to say that Italian TV presenter Simona Ventura had done a 180 from her first appearance at this festival when she wore an unfortunateDSquared gown, when I saw the twins.

I would’ve given her 10 out of 10 had she supported the twins.

At this point she gets a 7.

“The Informant!” Premiere

Luciana Damon is usually in the shadow of her famous husband Matt, but on this occasion it’s all about her in her stunning dusky rose gown.

I love unexpected way her gown sparkles with the dark stones sprinkled all over her gown.

Bad Lieutenant: Part Of Call New Orleans

I know many of you just can’t bring yourselves to say anything nice about Paris Hilton, but you have to give credit were credit is due.

I love this look.

She’s seems to love to channel old Hollywood for her red carpet looks lately.

Her hair is elegantly swept to the side in her plunging sequined Jenny Packham gown.

“Accident” Premiere

The Christian Dior Spring 2008 white gown Han Yuqin wore is slightly modified from the runway version, as it has less embellishments and plunge isn’t as deep but it’s still absolutely outstanding gown.

Michelle Ye paired her punky ‘do with a Dolce & Gabbana dress strapless black sequin gown with a rosette detail on the hip.

Kylie Minogue wore to the same dress to the Brit Awards.

“Between Two Worlds” Premiere

Huang Lu’s Moshino Fall 2009 gown has a silver-tone safety pin-embellished ruched centre detail.

The gown is made even more dramatic with a chiffon overlay.

I adore this gown.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Olivia Palmero's Closet - Chloé Leather Tote

In Olivia Palmero’s Closet – Chloé Leather Tote

"Coco Avant Chanel" Japan Premiere

“Coco Avant Chanel” Japan Premiere

19 Responses to Venice Film Festival Catch Up

1. eder September 8, 2009 at 12:14 #

Huang Lu is my favorite here. :)
    I love Tilda’s looks, only she can pull off both looks. Paris Hilton looks great, but I hate her clutch..

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2009 at 12:16 #

Ha… i didn’t mention the clutch as I knew someone would point it out and say that they hated it.

I’ll admit it wasn’t the best choice.

2. robbie September 8, 2009 at 12:18 #

tilda, well as usual she looks amazing. the outfit wouldnt work on anyone else in my opinion.

isabelle, really nice although her hair is a tad too messy though.

tilda, yet another beautiful look. this has to be a best dressed of the week nomination!

simona, she looks good but i agree with supporting the twins. nice colour though.

luciana, its nice but im not wowed by it though. matt though he is looking gooood!

paris, dress is alright she looks classy for once. wow she is back with that doug guy *rolls eyes*

han, its nice but a little too watered down for my liking she could have atleast kept the embellishment. eva green wore the black version didnt she?

michelle, its alright but i hate the hair and the necklace. but i have to say kylie wore this dress 10 tmes better.

huang, wow this was one of my favourites from that collection so glad someone wore it with class and elegance.

3. Alina September 8, 2009 at 12:35 #

I love Han Yuqin’s look.

What do you think about Monica Barladeanu ‘ s look at “Francesca” premiere ?

4. Hellwafashion September 8, 2009 at 12:43 #

Haha, said the same thing about Paris when she graced us with her presence in Dubai! She looks good.

Tilda is amazing

Agree with your comment about Simone ventura but kind of think Isabelle Huppert looks like she has a belly in that dress. It is a nice dress though

5. ZzaRaZza September 8, 2009 at 13:11 #

I can say something positive about Paris! She’s not overly bling-y in this which is a huge improvement.

I love second Tilda’s look and agree on Mrs Damon shining in this dress. And I ADORE Han Yuqin and Huang Lu.

6. Helena September 8, 2009 at 13:22 #

Rarely do I like exact looks from the runway, but Tilda makes it her own. I loved this collection. I loved Phoebe when she was at Chloe. I can’t wait to see more of her at Celine.

7. mm September 8, 2009 at 14:56 #

Isabelle Huppert, looks very old in the face. And her look is very blah! Simona doesn’t deserve those twins if she cannot show case them properly. Support is a must when you have cups that size. Han Yuqin looks gorgeous! Love that silhouette on her

• Ahot September 9, 2009 at 08:45 #

She is not young you know? and french people, at least the big personalities do not overbotox or try to hide their age. They are proud of it. Mrs Huppert is a great lady, we admire her for who she is; she would never have been a judge in Cannes otherwise

• mm September 9, 2009 at 21:29 #

You are right she looks her age. I was not commenting on her career or qualifications as a judge. Her look for the event was very boring and plain. I have seen her look much better.

8. Gaber September 8, 2009 at 15:13 #

I really want to see Yuqin up for Best Dressed.
    And I have this strange fascination with Tilda’s Lanvin dress. It’s completely insane, but I kinda love it.

9. fotini lefkimi September 8, 2009 at 15:40 #

what is it with everyone and tilda swinton? Is everyone blind???? She scares me to death!! Not a man-not exactly a woman, either.She lookds like one of the ‘walking dead’

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2009 at 18:01 #

Each to their own but Tilda IS beautiful.

Not everyone should looks like a Barbie doll.

She has a masculine figure and dresses to suit her frame.

I love what she wears, the risks she takes and her confident stance on the red carpet.

I would hate it if she tried to dress like a Hollywood Herve Leger bimbo brigade that’s just not her style.

• lily September 8, 2009 at 19:42 #

Tilda is a goddess. Well, at least for me. :)
      She is probably the only Hollywood stars I completely admire- next to Cate Blanchett or course.
      She is an outstanding actress, she seems to be really smart and interesting and she is a beautiful woman.
      Of course, she’s not the typical Hollywood actress like Jennifer Aniston- but isn’t Tilda a hundred times more interesting?
      I love the way she dresses- like FC said- she takes risks, she is never boring or predictable and I would give a lot for a small part of her self-confidence and grace.

• Linda September 8, 2009 at 21:00 #

Tilda takes some getting used to. I used to find her kind of bizarre looking, and maybe that’s why I have grown to love her look so much. She grows on you. Her look is unique and full of confidence and personal style. Also, as lily pointed out, she is an outstanding actress, which only adds to her beauty.

• Pen Pen September 9, 2009 at 07:44 #

Well, doesn’t the same situation apply to Sarah Jessica Parker? She and Tilda are not conventionally pretty but the vibes that they are giving is just amazingly elegant and beautiful. I guess at the end of the day, it’s all personal reference but just try to be a little bit more open – minded.

10. Mimi September 8, 2009 at 16:37 #

Once again, the Chinese women look a million times more elegant, and beautifully dressed than the usual Western lot. They win best dressed hands down in my view.

Who to choose from: all three look absolutely stunning and perfect. W-O-W!!!

11. Linda September 8, 2009 at 21:04 #

Simona – way to let the twins run rampant to ruin a perfectly pleasant dress.

Han Yuqin – absolutely gorgeous and elegant!

Isabelle Hupert – the hair ages her and seriously almost wrecks the look for me. If it weren’t for her hair in her face, she’d be a ten for me.

12. Aly September 8, 2009 at 21:54 #

*gasps* Paris looks great.