08.09.09

TV Quick & TV Choice Awards

Patsy Kensit was easily my Best Dressed at this event wearing a red and black feather print Alexander McQueen cowl neck gown.

If you look to your right, you will see that I loved this gown so much I added it to my favourites this week.

As with any McQueen piece, the gown has a dramatic print which is both seductive and haunting.

I can’t help wishing she saved this stunning gown for a grander occasion.

Billie Piper also looked fab – excluding the Alexa Chung two-tone hair.

Speaking of Alexa, this is very much a look that Alexa would have channeled pre-grubby chic.

I love the ivory blazer and studded sandals, which she pairs with black jeans.

Ex-Eastenders actress Gillian Taylforth has obviously been looking after herself, as she appears not to have aged since I last saw her on the BBC show 10 years ago.

Can you believe she’s 54?

She looks outstanding wearing a coral plunging gown.

Speaking of ex-soap stars  many others attended this event last night.

A red carpet event in London would not be complete without a Lipsy London dress, and ex-Coronation Street actress Angela Griffin was the one to provide that for us wearing an ivory Lipsy London strapless dress with bejeweled pockets.

Ex-Eastenders actress Lauren Crace wore a black strapless dress, with strappy sandals whilst carrying a Topshop floral glitter clutch.

Gemma Atkinson wore a red French Connection ribbon dress, which looks a lot like a Herve Leger bandage dress.

Whilst Michelle Collins opted for something more sophisticated wearing a lace mini cocktail dress.

Other stars included Emmerdale’s Emma Rigby wearing a blue harem pants jumpsuit accented with a black bow tie.

Keely Hawes brought the ankle boot with cute dress trend to the UK.

Eastenders actress Danniella Westbrook opted for a long-sleeved dress covered in multi-coloured paillettes which I love.

Nina Toussaint-White from Eastenders opted for a cute embellished baby-doll dress.

The winners on the night are as follows:

Best Comedy Show: The Inbetweeners (E4/C4)
Best Daytime Show: Loose Women (ITV1)
Best Entertainment Show: Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway (ITV1)
Best Lifestyle Show: Top Gear (BBC2)
Best Family Drama: Waterloo Road (BBC1)
Best New Drama: Merlin (BBC1)
Best Drama Series: Ashes To Ashes (BBC1)
Best Reality Show: The Apprentice (BBC1)
Best Actor: Philip Glenister – Ashes To Ashes
Best Actress: Denise Welch – Waterloo Road
Best Talent Show: Britain’s Got Talent (ITV1)
Best Gameshow: Deal Or No Deal (C4)
Best Soap Actor: Simon Gregson – Steve McDonald, Coronation Street (ITV1)
Best Soap Actress: Katherine Kelly – Becky Granger, Coronation Street (ITV1)
Best Soap Newcomer: Lauren Crace – Danielle Jones, EastEnders (BBC1)
Best Soap: EastEnders (BBC1)
Best Soap Storyline: Danielle and Ronnie’s story, EastEnders (BBC1)

Credit: Wireimage

In Patsy Kensit's Closet - Alexander McQueen Red & Black Feather-Print Gown

In Patsy Kensit’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Red & Black Feather-Print Gown

theOutnet.com Balmain Discount Sale

theOutnet.com Balmain Discount Sale

11 Responses to TV Quick & TV Choice Awards

1. Camilla September 8, 2009 at 10:10 #

I think you mean Keeley Hawes instead of Rita Simons? Quite like Emma Rigby’s look, if only she’d tone down the slap…

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2009 at 10:51 #

thanks. Corrected :)

2. Helena September 8, 2009 at 10:22 #

I don’t think that is Rita Simons. Rita Simons is Roxy from Eastenders. I think that’s the lady from Ashes to Ashes, Keeley Hawes

3. Lizzie September 8, 2009 at 10:48 #

That’s not Rita Simons – it’s Keely Hawes! Rita wore a rather awful outfit which consisted of a grey sweater thingy and pink pixie boots!

I think the general consensus is it was yet another poor display by the TV lot. Less chic – more cheap.

Why do they always get it wrong??? They should read this blog to find out how others do it right!

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2009 at 10:50 #

Why indeed. I was almost to embarrassed to post this.

Only Patsy saves us here.

Thanks for the correction.

I had originally wanted to post Rita, but scarrrrry.

• Lizzie September 8, 2009 at 12:24 #

LOL! Yes very scary and the night only got worse for Rita – The dodgy outfit was follwed by a dodgy picture of her drunk out of her skull lolling in a taxi……..

Some people have such class!

Fashion Critic – you have to post both the good and the bad! You can only appreciate the great looks when you see the bad as well!! LOL!

And it certainly livens up my day in the office!

Keep up the good work!

4. ben September 8, 2009 at 11:14 #

I’m guessing I’m the only one who loves Billie Piper’s hair?

• robbie September 8, 2009 at 12:25 #

nope i quite like it aswell but i adore her though so im a little biased. just wish she would go back to the way she had it in doctor who.

5. Anna September 8, 2009 at 11:55 #

Gemma Atkinson predictably wore Herve Leger –

No she didn’t – thats a French Connection dress she’s wearing!! :)

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2009 at 12:01 #

Thanks.

Wow copy much :D

I would have sworn it was HL

6. robbie September 8, 2009 at 12:33 #

patsy, wowza she looks amazing but i wish she wore it at a red carpet event.

billie, love it she dressed for the ocassion in my opinion casual but not to casual.

gillian, she does look young *cough* plastic surgery *cough* nice dress though.

angela, very cute dress but maybe a little to younhg and cute for a woman her age maybe.

lauren, for someone her age she sure does look boring. but that dress doesnt look strapless :-P

gemma, leave it to an ex-hollyoaks “star” to wear a dress like that.

michelle, i would have been drooling over it if it wasnt for the terrible tights.

emma, nice outfit but she looks like a mannequin and whats up with the joker smile? lol

keely, nice dress shame about the ugly ankle boots.

daniella, wow she looks great i want that dress right now!

nina, very cute love her shoes.