08.09.09

Social Events Of The Week

Form Launch Party, London

In the absence of Alexa Chung, Daisy Lowe is London’s current IT girl.

The model worked an interesting Ostwald Helgason Spring 2009 gypsy print vest, with a navy button down jumpsuit.

The cropped multi-coloured gypsy print vest has square structured shoulders, a contrasting black and white striped fabric on the lapels and an all-over vivid multi-coloured pattern.

Petra Eccleston opted for the same Peter Pilotto Fall 2009 dress as worn by Amanda Seyfried at this years Glamour UK Woman of the Year Awards.

The navy and red intricate digital print silk mini dress is gorgeous, and is one of my favourite dresses to hit the red carpet this year.

The dress has asymmetrical panels which are cleverly folded to provide a tulip shape and draping in the skirt section and cap sleeves.

The sparkle comes from the heavily embellished multi-coloured beads around the neckline.

Lily Allen kept her look simple with a grey sweater and jeans, but her a statement necklace and long gloves provide interesting/quirky touches.

New Escada Fragrance “Desire Me”, Madrid

Olivia Wilde wore an Escada Pre-Fall 2009 dress to the unveiling of the Escada fragrance, “Desire Me” in Madrid.

She wore a stunning grey short sleeve silk dress with asymmetrical draping paired with black Jimmy Choo heels.

The actress also stars in the ad campaign for the new fragrance.

Kylie Minogue Launches Exclusive Bed Linen Range, Hertfordshire

Kylie Minogue poses outside The Ivory Room at the Grove Lodge in Hertfordshire as she arrived to launch her new range of Luxurious Bed Linen.

A clothing line, or a fragrance line I get for a celeb I get, but bed linen?!?!

Anyway she looked stunning wearing an ombre strapless sparkling mini dress, which showed off her toned legs and silver strappy sandals.

Liberty & Hermes Launch Party, London

I think this what happens when a star is without her US based stylist.

Freida Pinto arrived at the Liberty & Hermes Launch Party with her boyfriend Dev Patel looking less than the glamorous star I’ve come to expect from her.

Granted it’s a low key event, but her choice of wearing a black & white leopard-print Maje with black faded jeans *shudders* and ankle boots is just a bit boring for me.

Black tapered pants and cute Jimmy Choo strappy sandals would’ve made this look much more interesting.

Credit: Style.com, Ostwald Helgason & Wireimage

In Petra Ecclestone's Closet - Peter Pilotto Bead Embellished Digital Print Dress

In Petra Ecclestone’s Closet – Peter Pilotto Bead Embellished Digital Print Dress

New York Fashion Week Spring 2010

New York Fashion Week Spring 2010

16 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Rebecca September 8, 2009 at 18:33 #

Freida Pinto clearly shows the great power of a stylist, but hopefully it’s a one off. Like her clutch, though.

2. claire September 8, 2009 at 18:38 #

That Peter Pilotto dress on Petra reminds me of the Marios Schwab dress Dasha Zhutova wore. Love the colours.

3. robbie September 8, 2009 at 19:22 #

daisy, hate the outfit plus its a sad sad world when she becomes the london IT girl.

petra, quite nice but i wish she tied her hair back to show of the embellishment a little more.

lily, *yawn* she really annoys me, i just want to rip those gloves off her seriously what the heck.

olivia, i wish she had a belt or something its rather shapeless but she looks amazing though.

KYLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally my favourite kinda kylie is back sex kitten kylie! hell yeah im so happy she looks amazing, love it all!!!!!!!!!!! seriously natural hair colour, natural make-up, nice dress no ott accessories this is my kinda kylie!

freida,top is nice sadly that seems to be the only good thing about the whole look.

4. dodo September 8, 2009 at 19:39 #

freida’ s look is sad i expect a lot more from this girl

5. From Russia With Love September 8, 2009 at 20:02 #

I don’t know who Petra Eccleston is but she looks perfect.

6. Linda September 8, 2009 at 20:42 #

Kylie looks AMAZING – l love this! I hope she is up for Best Dressed this week.

7. Bego September 8, 2009 at 22:39 #

I like Olivia Wilde’s dress, she looks lovely. And Freida… i’m used to seeing her always so radiant, this is shocking. And Dev Patel is her boyfriend?!?! he is soooo cute.. hahahaha anyway back to fashion, i hope Freida feels more inspired for forthcoming events.

8. StopTheApes September 9, 2009 at 00:13 #

Lily Allen starts to piss me off with this pop/rock star thing. When she started I loved her, fun, young, bright dresses with yummy tennis. Now she dresses like every other popstar, trying AND failing to be original.

9. Sally September 9, 2009 at 03:55 #

Kylie, LOVE it. She looks amazing and is always glowing. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

10. sydneycheapchic September 9, 2009 at 08:20 #

I actually like what Daisy is wearing… Kylie looks stunning! Best she’s looked in awhile

11. Adrien September 9, 2009 at 08:23 #

Don’t really like Kylie’s dress (where everyone does apparently), I find it not flattering on her body…

12. Ahot September 9, 2009 at 08:29 #

Wasn’t Freida a Model? One might think she has learned the basic rules. Maybe she didn’t want to go but then, stay home if you don’t feel like being pretty.

13. ben September 9, 2009 at 10:47 #

Kylie looks AMAZING. bdotw contender?

14. Camilla September 9, 2009 at 12:28 #

Daisy Lowe looks like she’s had a good night’s sleep: really refreshing!

15. robbie October 19, 2009 at 00:41 #

kim cattrall and miley cyrus wore the same dress as kylie only they had the top part embellished.

im not going to see that movie now since cyrus is in it!

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2009 at 01:10 #

I couldn’t agree with you more.

Definitely not going to see it now.