“Coco Avant Chanel” Japan Premiere

Only Audrey Tautou can take something that’s already chic and elegant and make it even more chic and elegant.

Her style is second to none. I just love the simplicity of everything she wears.

She removed the white ruffles from the Chanel Fall 2009 skirt suit, ditched the tights, and had the upside down v-panel stitched to her skirt.

I love the satin black top, and the way her cropped jacket is turned up on the sleeves to reveal a satin lining.

She’s definitely in contention for BDOTW.

Kyoko Uchida joined Audrey on the red carpet.

She sparkled wearing a 3.1 Phillip Lim beaded silk flapper dress from the Fall 2009 collection.

Her navy version of the runway dress has a scooped neck, three-quarter length drape-detail layered sleeves, a scalloped trim, and an embellished front.

Black boots, a black bangle and tights complete this cute look.

This dress sold out instantly when it was uploaded onto Net-A-Porter last week.

At the press conference earlier today Audrey gave us a typically Chanel black and white look.

She paired a black leather skirt, with a white lace flutter sleeved top decorated with black ribbons and black patent pumps.

I’m not a fan of lace, but I do love this look, especially the light make-up.

Tres chic.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Venice Film Festival Catch Up

Venice Film Festival Catch Up

Lady GaGa In Berlin

Lady GaGa In Berlin

11 Responses to “Coco Avant Chanel” Japan Premiere

1. Adrien September 8, 2009 at 14:25 #

That s my girl!!!
    DEFINITELY up for BDOTW thanks FC…
    That first look is stunning by it s simplicity!
    I Love her!

2. Hellwafashion September 8, 2009 at 15:11 #

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous

3. Gaber September 8, 2009 at 15:18 #

The biggest problem of the first outfit is simply the fact that we get to see the runway version too. The runway version is insanely stunning and Audrey, while far from being bad, just pales next to it.
    Not really feeling the second look since it looks like it’s a number to big.

• Adrien September 8, 2009 at 15:48 #

Agree with the second one, I get an Austrian feeling about it…
      But the first one I mean it s much better on her than on the runway (I m sure Audrey Hepburn would have rocked it!)

4. Terry September 8, 2009 at 15:46 #

Utterly gorgeous!

5. Alina September 8, 2009 at 17:36 #

I LOVE Audrey’s second look.It is so feminine.

6. Mare September 8, 2009 at 18:13 #

Im in love with her hair

7. FelipeA September 8, 2009 at 19:21 #

I only like Kyoko’s look here. The first look is quite nice, but it’s really boring without the white ruffles to me. I wish she had worn the silk top from the first look with the leather skirt from the second one without the jacket

8. Linda September 8, 2009 at 20:48 #

The first Audrey look is a little boring when put right next to the runway version. The second Audrey look is quite nice. However, Kyoko blows her out of the water with that fantastic Philip Lim dress! Wow! I think I love the lighter colour as seen on the model even a teeny bit better than the darker one she wears.

9. Ling September 8, 2009 at 21:05 #

Much prefer Kyoko’s outfit to both of Audrey’s outfits – little disappointed in the first one, the second one fares a little better in my opinon although it would have looked a bit nicer without the fluttery lace sleeves, they’re a tad OTT.

10. SarahV September 8, 2009 at 22:49 #

I like the first look much better than the runway version – with all the distracting ruffles and everything…
    Audrey oozes French elegance, I love it!