07.09.09 On Set With...

I had major goosebumps when I saw Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw wearing her Christian Dior Fall 2000 newspaper print dress on set this weekend.

If you are a Sex And The City addict like me, you’ll remember that Carrie first wore this dress in Season 3.

In that particular episode Carrie gets mugged for her Manolo Blahnik heels and Fendi bag…I mean baguette, and thinks her karma is shot.

So she meets Natasha to apologize for wrecking her marriage with Mr Big.

Natasha basically tells her to get lost, but the dress was fantastic as it clung to Carrie’s yoga toned body as she walked down out of the restaurant.

In this new scene SJP is wearing Christian Louboutin lace open-toe booties, which a bronze embellished heel.

They were either made especially for the movie, modified, or a slightly different version from the ones available to purchase from Bergdorf Goodman.

After seeing this picture of SJP on set during the day, all I can think about is going to the gym and doing some sit ups.

The 44 year old actress looked stunning showing off her midriff, as she wore a knotted plaid shirt paired with skinny cropped jeans and lilac Brian Atwood Loca suede studded heels.

I love this casual look, as much as any high-end look SJP wears as Carrie.

Patricia Field always get both so right for Carrie.

This film is due to be released in US theaters on May 28, 2010.

I think I’m looking forward to the premieres more than the film.

Credit: Fame Pictures, Style.com & Wireimage

Eva Mendes Promoting "Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans" At The Venice Film Festival

Eva Mendes Promoting “Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” At The Venice Film Festival

Runway To The Time Traveller's Wife Premiere At Deauville American Film Festival - Rachel McAdams In Stella McCartney

Runway To The Time Traveller’s Wife Premiere At Deauville American Film Festival – Rachel McAdams In Stella McCartney

18 Responses to On The Set Of Sex And The City 2 With Sarah Jessica Parker Wearing Christian Dior

1. Terry September 7, 2009 at 14:27 #

I don’t think Louboutin booties have been modified. Scarlett Johansson wore the same style (Bridget Strass) at Comic Con 2009.

2. Ally September 7, 2009 at 14:55 #

I’m totally geeked for the movie. I mean it’s like the National go to the movies with your girls flick. I’m looking forward to it.

I love love love that dior dress.And would take either pair of shoes featured in this post!

3. Caroline September 7, 2009 at 15:16 #

I’m so exited about these looks! SO GREAT.
    But do you know where the purple ones are from? I’m dying to know.

4. robbie September 7, 2009 at 15:43 #

her louboutins are actually shown on the christian louboutin website so they havent been modified. even carrie is affected by the economic crisis i see lol, that dress is hot! i am in shock that they actually still have that dress.

i hate those jeans though seriously hate them, she has a nice stomach and toned arms. beautiful as always.

a little off topic but ahhhhh the movie is being released on kylies birthday *fanboy squeel* lol.

5. Hellwafashion September 7, 2009 at 15:50 #

Ooohhh this just makes me want to chain watch my complete series DVD again!! She must be re-wearing the dress in the movie as a nod to the recession?

6. Amanda September 7, 2009 at 16:01 #

lmao… you’re really good, you’ve got a good memory. I completely forgot about that episode… but I love that dress on her. Carrie always had that quirky style. But, SJP has the body for all of it.

7. Rebecca September 7, 2009 at 16:34 #

They must be recycling clothes to be recession friendly.

8. Cecily September 7, 2009 at 16:46 #

OMG. This, for me, is one of the most iconic Carrie dresses. :D Oh, too see it again. So lovely.

9. Joana September 7, 2009 at 17:17 #

I don’t think the dress she wore on season 3 and the dress she wore on set yesterday, are the same!! The same model, yes, the same dress, not so much!!
    here’s a screencap from the original dress http://img3.imageshack.us/i/48612540.jpg/ you’ll see that the galliano images in the bottom of the skirt are a bit different in both dresses!!
    Not recession friendly i’m affraid!! :)*

• kiran September 8, 2009 at 10:20 #

Hey Joana, looked at the pic and I see the slight difference you are talking about. i think it is the same dress and they just shortened it at the seam on the angle and that is why the two galliano images as closer together now.

10. mette September 7, 2009 at 17:50 #

So great that they still have that dress and use it again. Goes to show that you should always keep your clothes – they will be in style again :o)

11. Emma September 7, 2009 at 18:50 #

FC you never disappoint me ! When I saw she was wearing this dress I immediately recognized the dress I love so much, and I knew you would too… I was shocked when I saw the dress for the first time in the season 3 episode, for me this is the best dress she has ever worn. So happy to see it again.

• Fashion Critic September 7, 2009 at 19:05 #

glad I’m meeting your expectations ;)

12. Elaine September 7, 2009 at 19:02 #

Seriously, this is a dress that ONLY Carrie Bradshaw can pull off!

13. Jess September 8, 2009 at 00:06 #

must.own.those.louboutins

14. Louise September 8, 2009 at 10:24 #

I agree about looking forward to the premieres more than the movie.
    If I can see screengrabs or pap shots of every outfit and the premiere red-carpets, I won’t need to see the film. Am slightly terrified about what they’ll do with the characters this time.

15. whitestroke September 8, 2009 at 20:11 #

I’d break a neck in those shoes. Both of them. lol

16. kry September 9, 2009 at 07:59 #

omggg id give ANYTHING for those Brian Atwood Loca suede studded heels!! honestly.. they look soo delicious!