“Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” Premiere

I’m glad this event happened on Friday after I posted my Best Dressed Of The Week poll, because my first reaction to Eva Mendes wearing this Armani Privé Fall 2009 gown was that I liked the dress, but I wasn’t sure if I liked Eva in the dress.

Then as more pictures came in and I saw more angles, I started to appreciate how difficult this gown was to pull off. Especially by someone with Eva’s beautiful curves.

But she does pull it off, and with some ease I might add.

I would’ve never thought of Eva as a Privé girl, but her black gown which appears to be made out of ribbons is exquisite. From the keyhole bodice, to the rosette jeweled detail on her hip.

I’m not a fan of hair pushed back behind her ears, but it’s a small detail when everything else looks so amazing.

Her look was paired with black satin peep-toe pumps.

“Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” Party

After the premiere Eva headed to the marina where she partied with designer Alberta Ferretti.

It was no surprise that Eva was wearing a gown by the designer.

Eva’s teal chiffon dress with a fringed hem was from Alberta Ferretti’s Spring 2009 collection.

Love the dress, not so crazy about the pale pink heels/black clutch combo.

“Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” Photocall

This navy polka dotted Christian Dior Resort 2010 sheath dress is actually my favourite look of all 4 looks on this post.

The look is so chic and so classic yet not old fashioned.

I wish she had worn the runway heels, but I’m glad she wore the collar down.

Jaeger-LeCoultre host “Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans” Dinner

Completing the quartet of stunning looks this weekend was Eva wearing a white Chloé by Hannah MacGibbon Resort 2010 dress.

The white lace dress has long sleeves with a delicate chiffon ruffled plunging neckline.

It’s relaxed, yet not too informal. It’s also summer time fresh, even though we’ll all have to wait for next summer to buy this dress.

Some girls have all the luck.

She paired her maxi dress with a Jaeger-LeCoultre watch, wedges and a Bulgari clutch.

I also spy another headband.

[nggallery id=173]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Moran Atias In Zac Posen - 'Birdman' Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Moran Atias In Zac Posen – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

On The Set Of Sex And The City 2 With Sarah Jessica Parker Wearing Christian Dior

11 Responses to Eva Mendes Promoting “Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans” At The Venice Film Festival

1. antoneLLina September 7, 2009 at 12:36 #

it’s strange,really strange… i also think that the best look for eva is the dior polka dress: chic, elegant, perfect for her body.
    unfortunatly i really dislike alberta ferretti and chloé dresses on eva. for first i think that they are too long for eva; for second, why this shoes????? no no no.
    i repeat: it’s strange that someone so beautiful and with an amazing body like eva can look so “no!”

2. LeeAnn September 7, 2009 at 13:16 #

The Dior looks wonderful-she looks like auntie Mame in the Ferretti and she is too sexy for Chloe

3. Louisa September 7, 2009 at 13:29 #

I just love Armani Prive’ dress on Eva – it is so intricate & unique! This is my top look for her for the post.

4. Hellwafashion September 7, 2009 at 13:32 #

Armani Prive was a “wow moment” she’s breathtaking. Dior also stunning. In the other dresses i think she looks frumpy.

5. Lizzie September 7, 2009 at 14:02 #

I was wondering when you were going to show these looks! I saw them in the press and was waiting to see what you thought! I love the Prive and the Dior – and also the J Mendal dress she wore earlier on. I think that has been her best look so far in Venice…..

I think Eva is one of my favourite style celebs. She always looks nice – even if sometimes the clothes she wears aren’t the best suited to her!

6. Ally September 7, 2009 at 15:03 #

I think Eva always looks gorgeous. I love her in the Armani. I even like the behind the ears hair. I love everything else…except the Alberta Ferretti. The color of it is gorg though.

7. Maria September 7, 2009 at 16:06 #

Is the Alberta Ferretti dress the same as one that lilly allen wore not long ago?

8. zzarazza September 7, 2009 at 16:31 #

Armani and Dior: perfect. Ferretti: fringe???

9. denise September 7, 2009 at 17:21 #

Eva has always bored me to tears, but I think the Armani dress is the best I have ever seen her.

10. Sally September 7, 2009 at 23:17 #

Love her in the polka dot Dior. The only other person who would look as good, if not better is Dita. The dress is gorgeous.

11. whitestroke September 8, 2009 at 20:04 #

Armani Prive definitely the best, even though I don’t find it THAT special either. Alberta Ferretti – I hated that collection as a whole. Not a big fan of Dior, but that was my fav look from the Resort collection. The problem is, the model looks SO good in it than anyone else is bound to look not good enough. Not fond of that Chloe dress. The closeup looks a bit better, but it looks kinda wonky on her overall. In other words: I’m tres disappointed.