“Sorority Row” LA Premiere

My first thought was there’s a lot of black at this premiere.

But considering 2 funerals took place in LA yesterday, I think it’s fitting that some of the stars wore black as a mark of respect.

Rumer was a shoe in for Best Dressed this week with her Zac Posen dress, but her Stella McCartney ensemble has trumped that look.

I have been rooting for Rumer for a very long while, and for the second time she gives me red carpet head-to-toe perfection.

The lace jacket hints at nudity without being tacky, whilst the black pants completes the sleek silhouette.

Her deep brunette hair is swept to the side, with jewels kept to a minimum.

If you are feeling a touch of de ja vu with this look, it’s because Stella McCartney wore the jumpsuit version of this lace look to the 2009 Costume Institute Gala.

For once Rumer isn’t upstage by her mother…

…who btw looked stunning wearing a black Oscar de la Renta Resort 2010 dress with black satin Brian Atwood pumps.

Demi Moore’s dress had a large rosette detail on the neckline, from which large ruffles cascade down the front of her dress.

So ladylike, so chic, so Demi, so glad she wore the runway belt. I’m not sure the dress would’ve worked without it.

Audrina Patridge has walked the red carpet a few times without her favourite Alexander McQueen bow clutch, but it was back last night.

The actress wore a black strapless textured See by Chloe dress, with a tie to the waist and a tulip skirt, with Alexander McQueen strappy sandals.

I know blondes are meant to have more fun, but I hope Audrina returns to the darker locks soon.  The blonde was cute a first, but it’s starting to lose it’s original spark.

Jamie Chung looked sassy wearing a rubbery LBD by Giorgio Armani paired with Brian Atwood heels.

The dress is interesting with those sharp details cascading from the shoulder, but what I love here is her flawless make-up.

Margo Harshman opted for a creamy Gustavo Cadile Fall 2009 strapless gown.

I love the ruched bodice and the gold band on the empire-waist, she really looks so elegant in this stunning gown.

A gold clutch and her hair swept up completes this beautiful look.

I didn’t expect to see this ivory Miu Miu Spring 2008 mini dress on the red carpet again, but Jasmine Dustin gave it another outing.

It’s still such a stunning dress, but it really deserved better shoes.

Whilst everyone opted for something youthful, I think the black satin gown Briana Evigan wore was a bit of a safe option.

Caroline D’Amore wore a sexy Dolce & Gabbana trademark strapless bustier dress with a eyelet skirt.

She paired her dress with silver strappy Jimmy Choo’s and a matching clutch.

TV personality Casey Reinhardt wore a Alice + Olivia taupe dress with leg lengthening nude heels.

Sorority Row hits theaters across the US next Friday, September 11, but in the UK it comes out on September 9.

Credit: Style.com, Gustavo Cadile & Wireimage

Milk Mustache 'Got Milk?' Ad Launch - Lauren Conrad In 3.1 Phillip Lim

Milk Mustache ‘Got Milk?’ Ad Launch – Lauren Conrad In 3.1 Phillip Lim

Runway To "Io Sono L'Amore" Premiere - Tilda Swinton In Jil Sander

Runway To “Io Sono L’Amore” Premiere – Tilda Swinton In Jil Sander

14 Responses to “Sorority Row” LA Premiere

1. Helena September 4, 2009 at 14:06 #

Rumer got stylish! Two best dressed of the week-worthy outfits in a row! I’m shocked!

2. Helena September 4, 2009 at 14:06 #

Oh and she also outshines her mother.

3. zzarazza September 4, 2009 at 14:08 #

Surprisingly I like the first three black numbers. Audrina’s dress has a really nice form.

And Rumer… WOW, I’m so glad for her, she looks very good here, tall and lean and sophisticated

4. Elisa September 4, 2009 at 14:17 #

Rumer never looked this good. I have always found her really beautiful, but her clothes and hair have always – always! – let her down. This look is pure perfection.

5. eder September 4, 2009 at 14:33 #

Rumer looks really good,for once I like an all black look…but IMO Margo was the best dressed.

6. JB September 4, 2009 at 14:42 #

Audrina’s hair matches her eyes. I dont like it.

Shame for Briana Evigan. She’s so pretty and the hair and dress are so blah.

Rumor…. Rumor Rumor Rumor. She usually bothers me, but this outfit is stunning. I want.

7. SarahV September 4, 2009 at 15:02 #

Rumer has been looking awesome lately…but very skinny. I hope she doesn’t lose any more weight…

8. Shemah September 4, 2009 at 15:11 #

Rumer looks stunning! I love her outfit the most!! :) You’re right about Audrina Patridge.. i think her hair color is getting old.. and briana evigan’s dress looks so dated.

9. Adrien September 4, 2009 at 15:38 #

Rumer is getting more and more beautiful, and I personnaly thought she was not before…
    Did she lose weight? I think so… she reminds me of Keira Knightley(LOVE) now and I think she looks fantastic. Plus the outfit she s wearing is like perfection, it s simple, sexy, classy, she is the knock out of the week IMO!
    Hope she continues that way…*
    I miss accesories from Demi’s look (other than the thing she has on her arm)
    Casey Reinhardt looks like a mix between Tinkerbell and Gimly in Lord of the Rings… yuk!

10. justme September 4, 2009 at 15:46 #

Could it be? Rumer found the light!!
    She looks great.

11. sal September 4, 2009 at 16:34 #

Briana is wearing moschino

12. karen September 6, 2009 at 00:59 #

I think Briana looked so elegant. I loved the simplicity of her whole look. She needs nothing fanncy to hide any imperfections. Less is always more in my book

13. ben September 6, 2009 at 02:28 #

I’ve never found Rumer to be a pretty girl, but she looks STUNNING here!

14. phuong vu April 18, 2011 at 21:12 #

I have the same white Dolce & Gabbana dress, I love it.