Australian actress Melissa George was on hand to help celebrate the opening of the new Burberry Prorsum store in Perth yesterday.

I believe Australia is currently mid-winter, so she was appropriately dress in her Burberry Fall 2009 ensemble which was quite a quintessential British look.

I love her botanical print silk taffeta Burberry Prorsum dress, which is perfect refreshing replacement for a LBD, but I wish I could have found one picture of her without the Burberry coat.

Burberry obviously wanted her to be styled like the runway model – 10 out of 10 for that effort – but is the dress sleeveless, 3/4 length sleeved?

These are questions I want answers to.

Those questions are partially answered by Net-A-Porter who have the v-neck version of the same Burberry Prorsum silk floral taffeta jacquard dress on sale for £2,495/€2,995.

They have also recently added Melissa’s Burberry Prorsum leather and wood sandals.

Stamp out your city style with these platform sandals for £525/€607.

[nggallery id=171]

Credit: Style.com, Net-A-Porter & Zimbio

Shakira For Vanity Fair October 2009

Shakira For Vanity Fair October 2009

In Ashlee Simpson's Closet - Jimmy Choo Martha Ponyskin Clutch

In Ashlee Simpson’s Closet – Jimmy Choo Martha Ponyskin Clutch

11 Responses to Runway To The Opening Of Burberry’s Perth Store – Melissa George In Burberry Prorsum

1. Tina Marie September 3, 2009 at 18:06 #

I keep looking for a broomstick. She looks like a witch. A beautiflly dressed witch but a witch.

• Ally September 3, 2009 at 19:25 #

You are so right. All she needs is a pointy hat. And I love Burberry, but who wears a 3/4 length trench? That is the real length of the sleeves, right? They don’t look pushed up.

2. zoe September 3, 2009 at 18:32 #

she looks good and like an old lady at the same time. how is that possible?

3. Hermione Weasley September 3, 2009 at 18:37 #

Love the dress + coat, but the shoes are… weird. I don’t like I them :/

4. Jess September 3, 2009 at 21:39 #

I love love the dress. Such a gorgeous autumnal colour palette and print

5. Rose September 4, 2009 at 01:49 #

Actually, yesterday was our second day of Spring, and things are quite warm. Opaque tights are starting to come off across the country. I think she could have gone without.

6. Flutterbang September 4, 2009 at 02:43 #

I agree, the shoes are strange and don’t seem to match the dress.

3/4 sleeves are pretty popular here in Australia, particularly coming into Spring where it’s starting to warm up just enough for those sleeves to come up a little.

7. LeeAnn September 4, 2009 at 09:19 #

The dress that you have pictured is at harvey Nichols and is actually more beautiful in person as photos cannot pick up the rich detail of the fabric-sadly far too expensive for me.
    does look a bit witchy-for a moment I thought Nigella had lost a bit of weight and coloured her hair-it is very much her sort of dressing

• Fashion Critic September 4, 2009 at 09:21 #

I will have to check it out.

It’s been a while since I drool over the pieces at Harvey Nicks.

I prefer it to Harrods

8. Helena September 4, 2009 at 14:04 #

This is the second time she has ruined a look with tights.

9. fashioncop September 5, 2009 at 05:00 #

Obviously she is much shorter than the runway model, so the dress is longer on her causing the witchy poo look.
    It’s such a lovely dress, why would you cover it up with a coat? Particularly a black one? And I have to agree the shoes are not a good match for this outfit, I have never liked tights with sandals.