Jennifer Connelly For InStyle UK October 2009

Jennifer Connelly is an absolute knock-out on the cover of the October 2009 issue of InStyle UK, which is on sale tomorrow.

I’m trying to locate my jaw which is on the floor somewhere as I’m blown away by her amazing editorial, which was shot by Mark Abrahams and styled by Leslie Fremar.

As well as being an Oscar-winning actress, Jennifer is also the stunning face of both Balenciaga and Revlon.

Hopefully we will get to see her wearing Balenciaga and other designers when she starts to promote her new movie Creation which is based on the true story of Charles Darwin’s struggle to publish his theory of evolution ‘The Origin of Species’, and how his grief over the death of their beloved daughter Annie nearly destroys him and their marriage.

The film is due out on 25 September which she stars alongside her husband actor Paul Bettany.

Here are some extracts from her interview with Lucie Young:

On her daily uniform: “”A much-loved pair of old biker boots, figure-hugging jeans and an acid yellow T-shirt from American Apparel. I tend to recycle. I have Doc Martens I’ve had since I was 15 that I still wear. I have to retire them soon because they are falling apart”.

On Nicolas Ghesquière: “He’s a wonderful man, so kind and so talented”.

On watching herself on screen: “I’m used to seeing images of myself. But “I’ve a really hard time watching movies I’ve been in. I make myself see them, but I certainly don’t watch them for pleasure”.

On her husband: “He is a really good person – he is funny, he’s smart and he’s kind. He will surrender without vanity or ego to the story, which I really admire.”

Credit: Style.com & InStyle UK

Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton - 'Noah' New York Premiere

Jennifer Connelly In Louis Vuitton – ‘Noah’ New York Premiere

Shakira For Vanity Fair October 2009

Shakira For Vanity Fair October 2009

13 Responses to Jennifer Connelly For InStyle UK October 2009

1. Martin September 2, 2009 at 10:15 #

Oh Jennifer! I choose one of these Balenciaga dresses for her in my red carpet wish list and whilst I’m pleased to see her in it, I would’ve killed for her to wear it on the red carpet instead. Take what you can get I guess.

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2009 at 10:16 #

I agree all of them are red carpet worthy.

My wish list page is down at the mo, trying to get it sorted

2. sydneycheapchic September 2, 2009 at 10:18 #

HOT! she is beyond beautiful!!

(cover not as great as the other pics though., something masculine about it in a not good way)

but she is still hot!

3. Helena September 2, 2009 at 10:50 #

I love Jennifer. She has grown on me recently mostly because of her daring choices. She’s wearing the Nina Ricci shoes with that Calvin Klein dress!

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2009 at 10:54 #

Quote: And it’s not just the cover, the editorial is even more impressive with the star wearing a black Calvin Klein dress with Nina Ricci boots, and a Rodarte silk chiffon and crystal dress paired with the Fall 2009 Nicholas Kirkwood runway boots.

I guess you are not reading the text.

4. Alexandra September 2, 2009 at 10:58 #

well I guess there’s a new addition to your list of the celebs who can weat thigh-high boots without offending your eyes ;)

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2009 at 11:08 #

Yes. Now she has taken me up to 3.

Jen, Jenna and Stella McCartney

5. Rachel Marie September 2, 2009 at 14:04 #

That Balenciaga model’s legs are extremely thin, even for runway. Let’s hope that designers heed Alex Shulman’s recent letter requesting fleshier girls be used next season, for the models’ sake.

6. Chiara September 2, 2009 at 18:07 #

Well funny, I would never have thought the Balenciaga dress would make such a nice transition to a cover! Congrats!

7. Ashley September 2, 2009 at 23:16 #

Jennifer’s film Creation will premiere at the Toronto film festival next week, and the film is getting Oscar buzz. I cannot wait to see what she wears promoting the film, I find her so unpredictable in a good way. Even though she chooses the same designers it’s never something I’m expecting. And she makes that Balenciaga ensemble look a million times better than the runway model does.

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2009 at 23:24 #

I wonder if she will be at the Venice Film Festival which started tonight.

8. zoe September 3, 2009 at 21:04 #

she makes wearing edgy clothes look so easy.
    stunning! the cover doesn’t make me go crazy, although i love her outfit, but the editorial is really nice.

9. SarahV September 4, 2009 at 14:33 #

She is my ultimade girl crush…