31.08.09

‘Opening Ceremony’ Japan Opening Reception Party

Although I do appreciate Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s style, they never appear to be having fun but that changed when they arrived on the red carpet for “Opening Ceremony” Japan reception party wearing Maison Michel Fall 2009 lace ears with their ensembles.

You may remember Lady Gaga wore these same lace ears recently.

Ashley wore the Mickey Mouse lace head band with a black fitted The Row Weatherby dress with a cream coat, her favourite Prada studded heels and Ralph Lauren tortoiseshell sunglasses.

Mary-Kate opted for the Rabbit Ears with her interesting black dress by a Japanese designer.

Her Toga Fall 2009 long sleeved dress had lots of texture with ruffles, pleats and layers.

She wore her dress with Prada Spring 2009 heels, and both girl carried Prada Fall 2009 bags.

It seems they both have a love for Miuccia Prada’s accessories.

There’s no way Kirsten Dunst’s could top the Olsen twins looks, but her look was also far from safe.

The actress looked like a maid wearing a high neck black mini dress trimmed with white lace and black ribbons.

A Chanel purse and black lace-up peep-toe booties completed the look.

This is not my favourite look from Kristen, plus the Chanel bag seem too big and a bit much for her look.

Humberto Leon the Creative Director of Opening Ceremony, actress Rinko Kikuchi and Carol Lim the CEO of Opening Ceremony walked the red carpet together.

Rinko wore a black double strap mini dress with exposed zippers.

I love the smokey eyes, and her sleek bob which has grown out from the shorter bob she was sporting earlier this year.

She wore her dress with the very popular Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony multi buckle wedge booties as worn by Chloe herself and Leighton Meester.

Carol Lim was wearing the same Opening Ceremony Lantern dress Alexis Bledel wore to the Teen Choice Awards, but Carol’s is black and blue, whereas Alexis was blue all over.

Designer Alexander Wang and model Erin Wasson look so hip it hurts.

Erin gave us her usual “I just threw this on” look, wearing a taupe tank top with leopard print shorts and black ankle boots.

Credit: Toga & Wireimage

Anna Kendricks Talks To Us About Her Favourite Red Carpet Moment & More At Rachel Zoe’s ‘Major Must Haves’ Range Launch

Runway To 2009 Rudolph Valentino Awards - Sharon Stone In Armani Privé

Runway To 2009 Rudolph Valentino Awards – Sharon Stone In Armani Privé

13 Responses to ‘Opening Ceremony’ Japan Opening Reception Party

1. ramona August 31, 2009 at 14:35 #

I’m in love with Erin Wasson leopard print shorts .GOOD my fav look:X

2. Ayesha August 31, 2009 at 15:35 #

The Olsen sister look good, cute and original. It’s nice to see them with a smile and some ears ;-)

3. mm August 31, 2009 at 16:17 #

Erin looks very masculine. The twins look really cute their clothes appear to fit, the hair is done and they are showing some skin!

4. Chicoi August 31, 2009 at 16:29 #

For “Map of the sounds of Tokyo” premiere in Barcelona, Rinko worn the same dress MK did here, just the day before

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 17:07 #

yes I saw that Rinko wore the same dress. I’m going to do a post on both Rinko’s look tomorrow

5. Chiara August 31, 2009 at 16:34 #

I like the ears, very funny, it looks like it was something drawn on the picture. I love Rinko Style too. Not too found of Erin Wasson, the shorts make her look a little too extra skinny.

6. Helena August 31, 2009 at 21:39 #

Erin and the Olsens for Best Dressed! Rinko too, while we’re at it.

Kirsten’s look is disappointing. Fierce heels and the obligatory Chanel bag, but a horrible maid dress!

7. maria August 31, 2009 at 22:44 #

erin always looks drugged. not a good look.

8. Sally September 1, 2009 at 04:58 #

I LOVE Kirsten’s look. It’s nice to see someone taking a risk. The dress is gorgeous. She’s already my best dressed, hands down.

9. Martin September 1, 2009 at 06:50 #

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think that the Olsens look a right mess in their ensembles at this event. The bunny ears are so not cutting-edge anymore and the ladies are over-accessorised to the hilt. On the other hand, I think Kirsten looks great. Pushing a look definitely, but managing to keep it clean and defined. I don’t know where to look on the Olsens.

10. Pablo September 1, 2009 at 08:01 #

Some interesting looks at this event.

The Olsen Twins are always playful and refreshing (even when they go vintage).

I’m quite liking Kirsten’s look (very Japan-like) and I really think Rinko is a new actress to keep track of (I’ve been following her Map of the Sounds of Tokyo promo tour and she’s done quite well, this amazing black dress being a proof of).

11. ben September 1, 2009 at 09:29 #

The Olsens look AMAZING, to me atleast. they’re back to being my icons again. I just want Mary-Kate to go back to a centre-part, the side part isn’t working for me anymore..

12. achat pc September 11, 2009 at 12:41 #

Very nice looks!
    I always love to watch Erin Wasson looking cool. I like dresses of all ladies looking Japanese. Thank you for sharing this fashion collection with us.