31.08.09

36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards

Tyra Banks toned down from last years event where she was easily one of the worst dress, to one of the Best Dressed of this event – which wasn’t that much of a challenge.

The TV presenter arrived on the red carpet wearing a coral one-shoulder Rachel Roy Resort 2010 dress, with beige Manolo Blahnik heels and a Sang A nude clutch.

I’m loving the natural look she’s giving us these days, it’s so refreshing and it totally suits her.

She was able strike the right balance of elegance & sophistication.

Ashley Jones wore a flowing backless Matthew Williamson for H&M Summer 2009 floral gown.

Some of you may have this dress in your closets if you were lucky enough to buy this gown before it sold out.

I love the tiered ruffled skirt and the neutral accessories she paired with her gown.

Portia de Rossi’s navy off-the-shoulder Monique Lhullier Resort 2010 gown is absolutely stunning in its simplicity.

My only disappointment is that opted for thong sandals to complete her Grecian look.

She’s married to Ellen DeGeneres not Tom Cruise, surely Ellen wouldn’t object to her wearing heels.

I much prefer Heather Tom’s choice of this navy Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2009 fringed dress, as I feel the burnt orange colour wouldn’t have been flattering to her colouring.

The dress is exquisite which she pairs with Christian Dior heels.

Lara Spencer wore a black and white asymmetrical ruffled gown accented with a red belt.

Her gown was a bold choice and will no doubt have you on the fence, but I was crushing on her Valentino Couture red patent bow peep-toes which was on my favourites list last week.

Lori Loughlin elegantly posed on the red carpet wearing a peachy satin asymmetrical Enzoani gown with embellished details on the shoulder and hip.

Gold tone accessories including Loree Rodkin jewels, Renee Caovilla heels, and Bottega Venetta purse completed her look.

Jennie Garth channeled old Hollywood with her wavy ‘do and vibrant orange Issa gown accented with a sparkling brooch.

She sparkled with silver accessories.

Kirsten Storms sported a wavy ‘do as she walked the red carpet wearing a Tadashi Shoji navy silk chiffon one shoulder gown with white silk organza rosette strap.

Her look was paired with a navy Kotur clutch.

Rachael Ray was one of the winners of the night.

She walked the red carpet wearing a plum draped halter dress with a gold coil neckline.  She was one of the few to opt out of wearing a gown.

Susan Lucci is very much the Queen of daytime soaps.

The Queen shone brightly as she sparkled in a coral embellished halter neck Zuhair Murad gown.

Gina Tognoni looked sensational in this raspberry bow tied gown with a ruffled cascading down the front of her gown.

Like the dress, but I’m not crazy the hair.

Marcy Rylan opted for the mothers-to-be favourite red carpet Peas In A Pod gown.

This rose gown with a rosette detail on the shoulder, was also worn by Kimora Lee Simmons.

Kristen Alfonso attracted me with her stunning electric blue one-shouldered gown.

The embellished neckline is also exquisite.

Nadia Bjorlin was oozing sexy glamour wearing a backless gown, with a gold embellished detail draping from her neck and down her back.

Taylor Spreitler’s fuschia pink one-shouldered gown was one of my favourites.

It’s’ simple, colourful and she didn’t over accessorize her look.

Michelle Stafford strapless floral black and white gown is beautiful.

I love any dress that give a woman this stunning Jessica Rabbit/mermaid silhouette.

Stacy Haiduk was the joker of the night as she carried a cat purse on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com, H&M, & Wireimage

Runway To 2009 Rudolph Valentino Awards - Sharon Stone In Armani Privé

Runway To 2009 Rudolph Valentino Awards – Sharon Stone In Armani Privé

In Paris Hilton's Closet - Akiko Silk Tank With Beaded Necklace & Tory Burch Ballets

In Paris Hilton’s Closet – Akiko Silk Tank With Beaded Necklace & Tory Burch Ballets

32 Responses to 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards

1. sydneycheapchic August 31, 2009 at 11:57 #

so many beautiful gowns and all I can think of is that disgusting cat purse!!!

2. ZzaRaZza August 31, 2009 at 12:20 #

Tyra looks awesomely simple and simply awesome. I was also surprised by how much I liked Jenny Garth look.

The cat and those sleeves, arghhh.

3. Moody Crab August 31, 2009 at 12:27 #

Errr…why am I not wow-ed by the gowns?

FC, you’ve spoilt me with so many beautiful and exquisite gowns that you’ve showcased on your blog that dresses in so many of these events don’t impress me at all….

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 12:30 #

I agree not wow factor, just a lot of Meh gowns

Tara looked fab though

4. Mimi August 31, 2009 at 12:37 #

The cat’s cute.

5. Random Fashion Coolness August 31, 2009 at 12:41 #

What the hell is that cat-bag! Is it a real “cat” I suppose she got the attention she wanted ;]

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 15:01 #

Exactly. Her dress is nothing worth writing about.

• MEME September 2, 2009 at 20:17 #

Yes that’s a real cat….. I read that it was once her co-star….. and when it died…. they preserved it by taxidermy process…. I seriously got my laugh of the day wit’ that one……

6. ade August 31, 2009 at 13:20 #

WTF?? That cat purse, is she serious??!! How disturbing!! Somebody call PETA, lmao!!!

7. justme August 31, 2009 at 13:29 #

Stacy’s character on Y&R is a lunatic who thinks her dead cat is a real one. I’m pretty sure the stuffed cat on the pics is the same one they use on the show.
    I get the inside joke (not funny btw) but I’m pretty sure a lot people won’t and just put her in the H.A.M category lol.

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 15:01 #

oh. Not it makes sense, but like you say not funny :)

8. Dana August 31, 2009 at 14:23 #

Portia would’ve looked so much nicer if she’d belted the dress at the waist like on the runway, instead of low on the hips.

Tyra looks great. For once. Besides her and Jennie Garth, I’m not too impressed here.

9. Priscila August 31, 2009 at 14:59 #

Tell me it’s a fake cat! Its not cat fur, is it?

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 15:00 #

lol it is a fake cat

• ZzaRaZza August 31, 2009 at 15:57 #

lot of people around the office thought it was a real cat too! They were horrified :)

I personally love this photo – http://dlisted.com/files/wtfisthisshit.jpg – cat-shit crazy :)

• Priscila August 31, 2009 at 16:31 #

I think this is one of the ugliest things I ever seen in red carpet, even if it’s fake. XD

10. Kou August 31, 2009 at 15:26 #

That Nadia person looks great.

11. robbie August 31, 2009 at 15:51 #

wow absolutely none of these looks even wowed me, not even portia and she normally looks fantastic.

as for that cat purse that is sick, that isnt even funny that is just f*cked up. fake or not that is frickin weird. poor little cat, although it does have adorable bow though.

12. Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 16:04 #

she is a freak

13. mm August 31, 2009 at 16:24 #

LOL!! You have to be a Y&R fan to appreciate the cat. It is a big part of her character on the show. She talks out her crazy schemes to her stuff cat!

14. Chiara August 31, 2009 at 16:35 #

Looks like a lot of draped and grecian dresses..

15. Terry August 31, 2009 at 18:22 #

The cat purse is scary O___o

16. Linda August 31, 2009 at 20:52 #

Did anyone else like Kirsten Storms and Taylor Spreitler’s looks? I’ve always thought Kirsten Storms is really cute and I think she looks quite good here.

• Reba September 1, 2009 at 05:10 #

I LOVED Taylor Spreitler’s look. It was elegeant and obviously well thought out and it fit her age and looks. I agree with the comments that she did not “over accessorize”. After all, she is lovely herself and made the dress sparkle!!! She is a wonderful actress and i believe we will be seeing more of her in the future!!!!

17. zoe August 31, 2009 at 21:14 #

i had such a fright when i saw that hideous cat purse.

other than that, this was a well dressed event! nadja bjorlin is so stunning. i’ve always liked the dark hair and light blue eyes combo, it’s so pretty no? but yeah…i also loved tyra and a bunch of other well dressed ladies at this event.

18. taryn August 31, 2009 at 22:55 #

Does anyone know who makes Taylor Spreitler’s gown??

19. doc September 1, 2009 at 00:07 #

Okay so you have to be a fan of Young and the Restless to get the cat purse. The actress plays a delusional sociopath who talks to a dead stuffed cat. She probably wore it as a joke. Now the character has a real cat.

20. sydneycheapchic September 1, 2009 at 00:38 #

I do love the Fuschia ruffled Gown.. too bad about the hair!

21. Reba September 1, 2009 at 05:11 #

Taylor’s hair was absolutely perfect for the occasion. Off the neck for the heat of the Red Carpet, yet pulled up in sheer elegance. The bangs just tip over her beautiful eyes! Great look!

22. Pablo September 1, 2009 at 08:09 #

Well… I think I had too many expectations on this event after a couple of too many short-summer-dress weeks cause many of this gowns look just meh…

I’m thinking only Tyra and Lori got it totally right. Protia’s dress was quite nice but it looked awful on her.

And no wonder you had those Valentino peep-toes on your Favourite List. Sooo bright and stylish!!

23. Amelia September 16, 2009 at 04:23 #

Of course the Daytime Emmy’s would have an element of gaudiness to it, but throughout this sea of pageant queens, Kristen Alfonso really stands out for me. She looks fit for any red carpet, and I think her tulle/ crystal bracelet is Vera Wang– and it’s fabulous.

24. Cheryl September 19, 2009 at 02:27 #

I thought Michelle Stafford’s dress was thee worst of them all! What’s up with Susan Lucci, she should wear something with long sleeves, those arms of hers are really disgusting looking, does she ever EAT? All you can see are these huge veins popping out, EWW! I thought the rest of them looked pretty nice, especially Heather Tom and Rachel Ray.