28.08.09

Lily Allen For Elle UK October 2009

Lily Allen graces the cover of Elle UK’s October 2009 issue, which has been dubbed “The London Issue”.

With the “London” theme in mind Lily was dressed in amazing clothes all by British designers including Louise Goldin, Giles, Preen and Burberry. All of which had been specifically made for her.

In Rankin’s shoot she wears both a black and blonde wig. The hairstylist on the shoot said that they were going for a Debbie Harry kinda vibe, but I see Courtney Love.

On being famous: “I get quite shy and embarrassed, actually. Yes, I think I am [shy], actually. I get embarrassed when people come up and ask for autographs. I think people expect you to have a certain sense of decorum, but I almost find it like being a nursery teacher, having to be nice to people all the time. I haven’t got a problem with that, but I think people expect you to know how to deal with s**t.

On becoming jealous when another female singer is played on the radio: “I get pangs of jealousy when I hear people like radio presenters getting really excited about new music. I kind of feel like, ‘Oh, I’m just fading’. I don’t feel I am in competition with all the other girls. I really feel this is the year of the girl, with La Roux and Little Boots and Florence [Welch of Florence & the Machine].”

On her love life: “It’s good…it’s very good, I’m very happy. I’m not talking about it any more. Some things are not for public consumption, just don’t want it to be ruined.”

The issue goes on sale September 2.

Credit: Elle UK & Daily Mail

Kimberly Walsh & Cheryl Cole's New Look, Because They're Worth It

Kimberly Walsh & Cheryl Cole’s New Look, Because They’re Worth It

In Amelle Berrabah's Closest - La Petite S***** Asymmetrical Velvet Black Dress

In Amelle Berrabah’s Closest – La Petite S***** Asymmetrical Velvet Black Dress

12 Responses to Lily Allen For Elle UK October 2009

1. Szonja August 28, 2009 at 11:00 #

What a trashy photoshoot… the blond fake hair is simply cheap.
    I don’t know why this woman is so popular. She is young but looks like a 45 year-old (without make-up and photoshop) – due to heavy cocaine consuming I guess.
    SInce Chanel has chosen her the face of the campaign, I’m totally disillusioned of Chanel. So many beautiful, healthy ladies are running through the streets, so why do they chose such horrible woman? I give Lily 1-2 years left and I’m sure nobody will know after who is she.

• Alexandra August 28, 2009 at 13:31 #

maybe she is popular because she is a really good singer? personally I love her music.

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 13:36 #

Girls Aloud were always popular for that, but if you ask anyone on the street when they think Cheryl they think X Factor more than the group.

2. Vera August 28, 2009 at 11:05 #

Really? October’s isuue on sale on the 2nd of September??

3. Joshna August 28, 2009 at 11:23 #

I actually quite like the mussed up hair and the dark eye make-up…..I think this is a style she’s comfortable in, a glamourous, neater look would have looked forced on her. I’m quite keen on the dress on the cover….particularly with those interesting mesh cutouts.

4. mila August 28, 2009 at 12:26 #

I LOVE HER!

5. Mimi August 28, 2009 at 12:37 #

She always sounds so bored and slurry. Awful woman. I used to like her and actually saw her in concert, but she didn’t make much of an effort, and she’s recently cosied up to Kate Moss et al, so she’s lost any real credibility as far as I’m concerned.

6. Rock*Star August 28, 2009 at 14:00 #

I dnt realy know who Lily Allen is. All I know that she’s the new Chanel campaign girl. And that she’s supposedly a recent fashionista.

I dislike this shoot. Specialy the photo with the black wig. She looks sick in it!

And is her hands supposed to be on her waist or on her stomach on the cover photo?!! She looks like she has a stomach-ache!!

7. mimie August 28, 2009 at 14:07 #

I think she looks cute and I kinda like her new album.

8. marvel August 28, 2009 at 16:50 #

Thats one magazine Im not buying!

9. julian October 22, 2009 at 18:48 #

lily allen is amazing. love her music. she is beautiful too. PERFECT!

10. louis vuitton 30 speedy purse April 20, 2013 at 07:26 #

I’m impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you will have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very pleased that I stumbled across this in my seek for something regarding this.