28.08.09

Victoria Beckham’s Fall 2009 Collection Film Debut On Sunday

DazedDigital.com will be previewing the UK exclusive of Victoria Beckham’s second film for her Fall 2009 collection.

“Swings” features eight models wearing slimline dresses from the Fall 2009 collection.

Watch the full film on Sunday at 3pm UK time on DazedDigital.com

The film was directed by Mat Jerrett and produced by 19 Entertainment.

Update: Just found it on YouTube and all I can say is “Ehhh? I don’t get it”, and I used to work in advertising.

Barbara & AnaA have concluded that the ad refers to Victoria being an icon who is followed.

She’s the one who is in front of a line that follows a rhythm, like she is the Director of an orchestra of style, and that orchestra is composed of regular English girls, each in their houses, one even waiting for the bus.

Victoria is the leader and the rest follow, but at the same time saying, “I’m like you, a girl next door. I wear these clothes, but they also belong to you”.

Thanks ladies, just goes to show I was more interested in fashion than advertising.

Credit: PacificCoastNews

Taylor Swift In Miu Miu & Topshop - Out In New York City

Taylor Swift In Miu Miu & Topshop – Out In New York City

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Marc by Marc Jacobs Cloud Flower Print Dress

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Marc by Marc Jacobs Cloud Flower Print Dress

30 Responses to Victoria Beckham’s Fall 2009 Collection Film Debut On Sunday

1. Ivanna August 28, 2009 at 23:26 #

I dont get it either and you really cant see the detail or any of the dresses, this looks like more of an ad for Loubotins or real estate than a dress line. WTH, Her first ad with the girls playing hide and seek was much better.

2. M.B August 28, 2009 at 23:42 #

So true! The other was much better… I was like WTF?! Didn’t get it, we don’t even see her (or barely) nor the dresses. Someone needs to explain to me!

3. SydneyCheapChic August 28, 2009 at 23:42 #

Yeah i don’t get it either.. someone explain?

Would it be something to do with being childlike? but that’s silly coz nothing about Posh or her clothing is childlike…

4. Ayesha August 28, 2009 at 23:52 #

It’s absolutely CRAP!!!
    what a disappointment! Maybe it’s that genuis that nobody gets it straight but I just think they tried to do something different or poetic or original but it didn’t work. At least we DO get that it’s happening in London!!!

5. Pierre August 28, 2009 at 23:52 #

I love your response, same as mine!

6. amers August 28, 2009 at 23:58 #

i like it. i like ti a lot!

7. amers August 28, 2009 at 23:58 #

and don’t get it, feel it!

8. AnaA August 28, 2009 at 23:59 #

Perhaps something to do with “everyone wants to be Victoria?”

Everyone swinging at her rythm wearing her line of clothes.

Does it make sense to you? Can’t find any other meaning.

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2009 at 00:22 #

sounds like it’s a great possibility.

I’m sure we will get an explanation next week.

9. barbara August 29, 2009 at 00:49 #

i think it has to do with her being an icon followed, she is the one who is in front of a line that follows a rythm, like she is the director of an orchestra of style, and that orchestra is composed of regular english girls, each in their houses, one even waitting for the bus. I believe it is a metaphor, like she is the leader, the rest follows, but at the same time saying, im like you, a girl next door, expression she has used before, and u see this clothes in me, but they also belong to you. its like, this is for you girls, cause i am like you, we all follow the same rythm. Did i explain myself?

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2009 at 00:51 #

perfectly thank you.

I watched it twice and never got it.

You’ve made it more enjoyable now.

• barbara August 29, 2009 at 01:54 #

thanks!! and thanks for correcting my spelling..lol..im spanish, not an illiterate. lol.

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2009 at 02:15 #

No thank YOU.

I would have never understood it without you. :5

10. Georgia Maude August 29, 2009 at 01:03 #

I think it was sweetly playful but a bit creepy, all these colorful little birds swinging outside of their gilded cages. And since when do we expect fashion photography to show the fashion? Rather, it evokes style.

• Martin August 30, 2009 at 12:58 #

Great point. I found it a little eerie as well. In kind of a good way though.

In my opinion, Victoria wasn’t actually trying to establish a conventional narrative with this piece. The fact that the clothes aren’t clearly on display and that the ad doesn’t really seem to have a point suggests to me that she intended it to simply be a mood piece.

Not sure if this confusion was what she was hoping for though.

11. ~**juDee**~ August 29, 2009 at 01:03 #

okay, i understand the concept. its an interesting one, but its still a bit, well, rubbish….
    its just so dull and seems somewhat forced. it doesn’t make me want to go out and buy a VB dress….all the advert makes me want to do is put on some sweats and jump on a swing!!
    im just sooooo uninspired by victoria beckham! im soooo bored of her!
    just smile and eat, victoria. smile and eat!!

12. mm August 29, 2009 at 02:30 #

Wow, she paid someone to come up with that. Nothing about that fim/commerical would make me go out and purchase her clothes. You could barely see them. VB is doing a much better job of advertisement by wearing her clothes out in public.

13. boogie August 29, 2009 at 08:47 #

the pictures looked nice, but the video looks depressing! I hate the colours and the lighting!

14. mila August 29, 2009 at 09:22 #

Hate it!!!Absolutely HATE IT!

15. Hellwafashion August 29, 2009 at 11:10 #

Victoria did this for her ego & to kiss up to Christian Louboutin. Showing herself as an icon who people follow ?- far too egotistical for a “designer” with only a few seasons behind her.

16. Ally August 29, 2009 at 14:41 #

To be honest, this video just seems to me to be a desperate attempt to be artistic and stylish… it’s not an advert at all… like you’ve all been saying, it doesn’t make you want to go and buy a VB dress. So what’s the point? If it was in an art gallery or something, it may appeal to me more. But as it is, I find it a bit ridiculous, I have to say.

17. barbara August 29, 2009 at 16:56 #

WELL THE POINT IS, IT HAS US DISCUSSING IT. VERY SMART ADVERTISMENT STRATEGY ACTUALLY.

18. Mimi August 29, 2009 at 19:22 #

Utterly preposterous. And what is it with the out of tune man singing like he’s on his own in a bath tub? Awful awful awful, just like VB.

19. Katie August 29, 2009 at 20:09 #

All I got out of it is, Stepford Wives. Look at us, creepily swinging in time, WITH OUR LEGS CROSSED, in dresses that all look exactly the same, with the minor difference of different colors. The listing off of colors at the end only made it worse.

Personally? I thought it was terrifying.

20. violet August 29, 2009 at 22:09 #

It is a little scary.. I think they look like robots – the evil kind.

21. Courteney August 30, 2009 at 06:00 #

I think it is fabulous. Victoria is constantly working her butt off and I think she deserves a bit of credit for her efforts and creations. At least her line is created by her and is her authentic vision unlike some celebrity lines who sell their names to branding companies. Isn’t it great that she is a celebrity with substance and has clout?

• mm August 31, 2009 at 20:03 #

I agree with giving her credit for her creations. But this advertisment is just sad.

22. sonya August 30, 2009 at 06:55 #

it has such an english feel to it.

23. robbie August 30, 2009 at 17:52 #

rubbish, but it was lovely hearing what victorias singing voice sounds like without all the computer effects lol.

24. robbie August 30, 2009 at 17:53 #

also if someone is going to do an ad campaign featuring louboutin shoes, wouldnt it be best to make sure the sole of the shoe isnt all dirty and scraped.