28.08.09 Premiere

“The Final Destination” LA Premiere

If your going to wear the same Chanel dress Diane Kruger wore two weeks ago, you better look fantastic in it and Shantel VanSanten does.

A lot of you weren’t liking Diane in the dress as you felt it was too tight on the bust, but Shantal doesn’t appear have that same issue.

With her hair swept to the side in a low bun the actress oozed sexy sophistication pairing her dress with Nicholas Kirkwood pearl embellished sandals.

Sporting a classic updo to show off her gold drop earrings, Haley Webb shone brightly wearing a one-shouldered canary yellow satin Lela Rose Spring 2009 dress with black peep-toes.

I love how she stands out on the black carpet, but I feel slightly uninspired by her all black accessories.

From the white dress to the grey suede Christian Louboutin ankle boots, I’m not liking anything about Krista Allen’s look at all.

She tried a funky look but came off looking slightly ridiculous.

A dress similar in style to Haley’s would’ve made her look more sophisticated.

Haylie Duff doesn’t appear in this movie, but that didn’t prevent her from making the biggest effort at this premiere.

Her ivory one shoulder Nikolaki Spring 2009 gown is glorious.  I love the colour against her sun-kissed skin.

The gown is accented with a black waist band and from the close-up you can see the shoulder detail cascade down her back.

Loose tussled waves and nude lips complete this gorgeous look.

Of all the celebrities we’ve see wearing the Christian Louboutin Very Prive studded peep-toe pumps Nicky Hilton loves hers the most, as we’ve seen them on her many times.

She paired her heels with a simple strapless Elise Øverland tiered black dress, and diamond earrings.

Credit: Wireimage

Maria Sharapova by Cole Haan Collection Launch

Maria Sharapova by Cole Haan Collection Launch

Runway To "Triangle" London Premiere - Melissa George In Lanvin

Runway To “Triangle” London Premiere – Melissa George In Lanvin

16 Responses to “The Final Destination” LA Premiere

1. SydneyCheapChic August 28, 2009 at 14:28 #

Hmm can i say it’s too bad that Diane Kruger did already wear that dress because now it will be about comparisons which I can’t help but do.

I was one of the people that complained about the squished boobs and I think that Shantel’s dress fits better, her hair and makeup I also prefer.. BUT I preferred the length of Diane’s and her shoes… So i think I can’t really choose.. BUT it is disappointing that I doubt she will get the same acknowledgement. I hope she does though….

OVerall she’s the standout of this event

2. justme August 28, 2009 at 15:03 #

I have a strong hatred for pointy shoes so just for that, Shantal already looks better than Diane imo.

3. zoe August 28, 2009 at 15:12 #

haley webb looks absolutely amazing, and i think she should be up for best dressed of the week! the black accessories work well here.

4. Rachel Marie August 28, 2009 at 16:03 #

Shantal’s sandals are Nicholas Kirkwood. The pearl is his signature. He typically places it under the heel so it flashes, like a pearl in an oyster shell, when a woman crosses her legs. Isn’t that lovely? He is incredibly talented.

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 16:05 #

of course. thanks. That has been bugging me all afternoon

5. Jude August 28, 2009 at 16:22 #

I feel like Haylie Duff dressed for the Emmy’s and ended up at “The Final Destination” Premiere. She should’ve gone for something shorter and more relaxed.

Love the Nicholas Kirkwood heels – on my (very long) shoe wishlist!

• Frank Rizzo August 31, 2009 at 16:32 #

DUH! She was there to support her BF Nick Zano.

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 17:06 #

Frank, your comment was unnecessarily rude.

I don’t live in the US and I don’t get involved in “boyfriends” I’m ONLY interested in fashion

6. VBlover August 28, 2009 at 16:54 #

I didn’t like Diane in the dress but couldn’t figure out why– now I see its the squished boobs. Although I am not sure how endowed Shantal was before this dress, I think it still does squish her in a bit more than I would like…

7. Kim August 28, 2009 at 16:56 #

I agree with FC re: the black shoes that Haley is wearing. I think nude would have worked better. Besides, I am OVER celebs wearing the black shoes with white and bring srping colors. I can deal with the bootie paired with the dresses when done right but I wish they would chill with the black shoes although she doesn’t look bad as some.

8. mary August 28, 2009 at 22:37 #

Loved what all the girls wear but I agree with your thought on Krista.

I really loved what Hailey Duff wore though… kinda reminded my of my prom lol… anyways, she was probably there supporting her boyfriend who is in the movie, Nick Zano

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 22:40 #

ahh, that’s why Hailey is there.

9. ivette August 28, 2009 at 23:40 #

Haley Webb looks great love the dress on her she’s my favorite at this event!!

i think the dress she is wearing is this Lela Rose spring 2009 dress

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 23:45 #

you are a star. thank you

• pm August 29, 2009 at 04:03 #

Haley was a shining star of the evening!

10. SarahV August 30, 2009 at 22:58 #