Runway To “Triangle” London Premiere – Melissa George In Lanvin

Melissa George was in London last night to promote her psychological thriller “Triangle”, in which she plays five versions of the same character.

Melissa body language tells me she’s not sure about her Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009 gold metallic dress.

She’s very “Hmmm….I don’t know” and I feel much the same way, especially about the gathered detail on the hip.

The shimmering dress is gorgeous with its golden colour, but it fails to flatter Melissa.

We all know she has a amazing figure, but this dress doesn’t accentuate that. I’m not suggesting she only wear figure-hugging dress, but something that feels like she’s not hiding behind it.

Of course I’m disliking the tights with this look, but I do love her accessories which include an array of Lanvin’s signature glass pearl and grosgrain ribbon necklaces and a black Lanvin bag with a gold chain bag decorated the trademark black ribbon.

What do you think Yay or Nay?

[nggallery id=166]

Credit: Style.com & London Features

"The Final Destination" LA Premiere

“The Final Destination” LA Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

24 Responses to Runway To “Triangle” London Premiere – Melissa George In Lanvin

1. Stuti August 28, 2009 at 16:15 #

Yikes. Ugly this. And those tights?! WHY?!

2. Adam August 28, 2009 at 16:22 #

Hmmmm….I usually agree with you, but I actually really like this on her and its a nice change for her not to look like such a sex kitten. The tights are not my thing, but then Lanvin showed it that way, so maybe she was trying to follow the spirit of what they did. I’m also really glad she didn’t wear that fur!

3. Ally August 28, 2009 at 16:27 #

I don’t want to sound like a broken record b/c I just said this yesterday about Leslie Mann, but it is still SUMMER! Enjoy it while you can ladies. There will be plenty of time to wear dreadful tights when it is at least cold enough to justify them. The dress is way too heavy for summer too. Her hair and makeup look really nice though.

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 16:34 #

I totally feel your pain. The sun is out and everyone is in moody colours and tights !?!?!??!

4. Molly August 28, 2009 at 16:29 #

I think the dress itself has the potential to be gorgeous and unusual. It seems as if it is several sizes too large for Melissa and ill-fitting overall. Version on the model is shorter and more fun in tone. The dress on Melissa drags everything downward, including her posture and attitude.

• Pen Pen August 29, 2009 at 04:27 #

That is exactly what i think … spot on

5. Sarah August 28, 2009 at 16:32 #

I think you’re right FC, she just doesn’t look convinced or comfortable. We’ve all felt that way about an outfit from time to time, smart one’s have the sense to change before leaving the house!

6. LeeAnn August 28, 2009 at 16:41 #

I think she has to go to the loo!

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 16:44 #

LeeAnn you are so funny :D

7. Hermione Weasley August 28, 2009 at 16:42 #

I like it :D it has a retrò touch that I love and Melissa looks stunning in it! But I agree about the tights… don’t like them :/

8. Yasmine August 28, 2009 at 16:47 #

im not sure why but it looks like an old lady’s outfit :S

9. Helena August 28, 2009 at 17:12 #

If it had been modified a bit, it would’ve looked great. Needless to say, she should’ve ditched the tights! The hair also ages her.

10. Laura August 28, 2009 at 17:26 #

I think it would look wonderful if it weren’t too big on her and if ti were shorter. The length makes it look heavy, and it definitely could go down a size or two and still have the drapey effect.

I do love the way the color looks on her, love her hair/makeup and love the accessories.

11. WendyB August 28, 2009 at 19:07 #

I like it — it’s a nice change of pace. Maybe I would have liked to see her try on a different size.

12. whitestroke August 28, 2009 at 19:27 #

I know not everyone can be tall, but sorry world, this dress is for a tall person. Period.

Thumbs up for hair and makeup. BUT.
    This is by far THE worst use of tights on the red carpet I have ever seen in my LIFE. And I’m not exaggerating at all.

13. RoseD August 28, 2009 at 21:56 #

It should be said that this is avery bad picture of her in that dress – I have seen much better shots and it looks good. So maybe it’s a bad choice of photo.

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2009 at 22:01 #

thanks for taking the time to comment. Really appreciate it.

The agency I licensed this picture from only had 3 images of her head-to-toe two were from the side and this was the only one from the front.

Again thanks for your comment

14. Linda August 29, 2009 at 01:32 #

I actually really like this. I like the tights and I love the accessories and the colour is gorgeous on her. I don’t see any fit problems. It’s probably just the angle of the shot. I think she looks great.

15. Steph August 29, 2009 at 08:28 #

I think that it could be nice if it was a size smaller as it sits a little low – noone wants their waistline to be at the same level as her crotch! it’s stumpified her :P also instead of tights and pumps if she rocked out a nice pair of peep-toes or strappier sandals it could look slightly less frumpy? it’s a pretty dress though, and I agree with you FC re the accessories! <3

16. ben August 29, 2009 at 09:22 #

She looks okay, but her hair and make-up are AMAZING. But i guess that’s what happens when you’re best friends with Napoleon Perdis..

17. wonderlady August 29, 2009 at 19:14 #

i actually took this shot….and my bad, coz the hem was short, and the tights were sheer, and the shoes were high! the angle i took made her look short..she is actually super tall!!! so i don’t know, the other shot in the campaign is shot looking up at the model….and she has her leg up high, so it obvious it would look better!

18. sonya August 30, 2009 at 06:51 #

i really like the whole look..including the tights. it looks so retro glam

19. Jess August 31, 2009 at 00:49 #

I actually really like it. The colour is gorgeous on her, and it’s a little bit different. Just because it doesn’t show off her body, it doesn’t mean its unflattering.

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 08:55 #

My quote “I’m not suggesting she only wear figure-hugging dress, but something that feels like she’s not hiding behind it.”