27.08.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Anne Heche arrived a Letterman wearing a Catherine Malandrino LBD with ruffled shoulders decorated with an antique gunmetal trim.

Anne teamed her look with Valentino patent peep toe shoes and Martin Katz jewelry.

Kenneth Cole Awearness & Feed Projects Celebrate The Feed Health Backpack, LA

Ali Larter looks outstandingly beautiful wearing a mint green Balenciaga Resort 2009 dress, with gold heels.

The look only needed a touch of pink gloss and a clutch to complete this elegant look.

“Sorority Row” Photocall, London

I’m loving Rumer Willis’ chic coral satin Zac Posen dress, but the heavy black Fendi shoes don’t work for me.

And how many times to I have to tell Rumer? You’re hair is so much better short and black.

Briana Evigan for me looked better than Rumer wearing her BCBG Max Azria colour block dress.

I just love the loud vibrant colours, which she paired down with grey heels.

Diesel Only The Brave, New York

Without commenting on the ‘Palmero’ hair style, I love and I dislike Olivia Palermo’s look in equal measures.

You can tell a lot of time and thought went into it as she paired her red and white stripy Diesel dress, with a white shirt accented with a navy bow and a necklace. She didn’t really need the necklace.

The look is completed with the dreaded ankle boot and a cute quilted Chanel purse.

Michelle Trachtenberg’s wore in white Alice + Olivia tank top with an interesting detailed neckline paired with skinny black jeans and two-tone Giuseppe Zanotti Ver blush patent sandal.

Credit: Wireimage

Amy Smart In Holmes & Yang - Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

Amy Smart In Holmes & Yang – Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

2009 USTA US Open Official Player Party

2009 USTA US Open Official Player Party

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Alicia August 27, 2009 at 18:37 #

Michelle’s top is Alice + Olivia.

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2009 at 22:14 #

thanks a lot for the ID

2. heather ♥ August 27, 2009 at 18:41 #

im loving the vibrant BCBG Max Azria dress/grey heels combo!

3. ramona August 27, 2009 at 19:23 #

I looooooooove Briana Evigan , I also like Ali Larter..but I dislike her hair! Michelle Trachtenberg looks outstanding like usually.Olivia Palermo look dosen t work for me! kisses

4. Ally August 27, 2009 at 19:55 #

Michelle is such a pretty girl, but I really wish she would find herself a stylist or just a friend who can say “oh honey, no”. She always picks out clothes that look horrible on her and that makeup is doing her NO favors.

5. Rachel Marie August 27, 2009 at 20:34 #

Those are some great colours on Briana, she really works that. I wish I could say the same for Michelle. She just doesn’t seem to make an effort. I would love to take an iron to that top and put her in a closed toe, pointed shoe that would lengthen and flatter her legs. She needs to blend her make-up too, that blush is literally two splotches. Olivia’s look is funny, no? A little whimsical…she reminds me of Karl Lagerfeld treating teddies as accessories. We all know she can buy and wear anything she pleases so why not poke fun and channel Where’s Wally?? She can always break out the YSL tomorrow because there are so many miles of red carpet ahead of her…

6. Kayla August 27, 2009 at 20:39 #

Are there other pics from the Sorority Row Photo Call? Would love to see what Jamie Chung wore if she was there. Not sure why but Michelle Trachtenberg’s outfit just rubs me the wrong way. Could be the way the pants and the shoes look together?

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2009 at 22:00 #

no just the two of them

7. sanjchee August 27, 2009 at 20:40 #

Oh dear! On first glance I thought Michelle T. was wearing flip-flops .. Luckily I was mistaken :) however I think this looks just as bad, with the shoes blending with her skin and the top cut too wide around her armpits.

• zzarazza August 28, 2009 at 12:44 #

that’s exactly what I thought from the first look, that they were flip-flops! Had to look twice to convince myself they weren’t

8. Linda August 27, 2009 at 21:47 #

Briana Evigan looks fantastic. I”ve never heard of her, but her look is very nice.

9. ben August 28, 2009 at 06:54 #

I can’t believe I actually like Rumer Willis here..

10. Alina August 28, 2009 at 08:06 #

I just LOVE Briana’s look.

11. GRACE August 28, 2009 at 11:14 #

I love Olivia’s look. It somehow reminds me of Blair. Maybe the bow?
    Somehow I wish she’d worn navy blue pumps. It would’ve gone with the colour scheme, and although I’m all for booties, they’re not for everything.

12. Linda August 28, 2009 at 11:28 #

Anne Heche is looking really good these days. This is the second time in the past little while where she has looked fantasic.

13. Flora August 28, 2009 at 11:34 #

Anne Heche is definitely scrubbing up well lately. I really love this dress, the flippy zippy sleeves really make it stand out. I think Elisha Cuthbert also wore the blue version to the Letterman show earlier in the year.

Don’t like Olivia’s look at all. Usually I don’t mind a bit of mis-matching fashion, but this is just, urrghh. Not good.

Ali Larter looks great too. It can be a bit of a temptation to always wear mini dresses when you are a tall girl with such good legs, but a knee-length number can look much classier.

14. Claire August 29, 2009 at 13:05 #

Olivia Palermo’s booties are by who?

15. sabah September 13, 2009 at 11:58 #

can someone tell me what clutch is michelle carrying?