Runway To “Funny People” Berlin Photo Call – Leslie Mann In Marni

Leslie Mann is a great actress and who has fabulous style, but on this occasion I’m not crazy about her look.

To the “Funny People” Berlin Photo Call last night, Leslie wore an olive metallic jacquard dress with a floral detail all over the dress, with black wool inserts on the short sleeves and on the front of the dress.

The problem for me isn’t the dress, but how Leslie wore it.

The runway necklace, patterned tights and shoes all add a bit of spark and interest to the look.

Leslie’s black tights and ankle boots feel so blah and lifeless with the dress.

For once she let me down.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Shailene Woodley In Balmain - MTV Movie Awards 2014

Shailene Woodley In Balmain – MTV Movie Awards 2014

The September Issue London Screening

The September Issue London Screening

11 Responses to Runway To “Funny People” Berlin Photo Call – Leslie Mann In Marni

1. heather ♥ August 27, 2009 at 16:03 #

i think the dress and the boots, sans tights, she could have made it work…

2. Ally August 27, 2009 at 16:13 #

I think what bothers me is that this dress should not have been seen until late September. Stars should stop using up all of the fall looks before fall even starts! And then she threw on two of my least favorite trends of the moment: tights and black booties. *sigh*

• justme August 27, 2009 at 16:24 #

ITA. The summer is still here, that dress is… gloomy.

3. André August 27, 2009 at 16:16 #

I agree. I think the look could’ve worked had she not worn the tights. They really do ruin the whole look, for me.

4. mol August 27, 2009 at 16:30 #

I agree F.C. – I love the runway look, but not the way Leslie Mann has chosen to wear it. And I also agree with Ally – why do we have to rush summer? This season is short as is, and I find these too early worn Fall looks a total downer! (And in that vein, I say yay for Taylor Swift’s summery looks shown earlier)

5. Adrien August 27, 2009 at 16:35 #

Agree with André,

The dress is beautiful but black tights??
    It could have been a great look though!!
    (actually i think that the black “red” carpet makes it look even worst!!)

6. marika August 27, 2009 at 17:19 #

i think she’s taking points from blake lively on posing 101.

and why do celebs rush summer? it’s like the most fun/colorful season

7. LeeAnn August 27, 2009 at 17:22 #

I own the jacket version of the dress which is stunning but she looks awful

8. Rachel Marie August 27, 2009 at 17:34 #

I agree, its not great. Though if it is to anyone’s taste and you’re on a budget, there’s a similar garment in t-shirt dress form new in on the All Saints site.

9. Rachel Marie August 27, 2009 at 17:35 #

Sorry, I should have pointed out that it is called “Storm Dress”

10. Jen August 27, 2009 at 20:31 #

I’m actually pretty neutral about this, as opposed to being against the look. Although I’m not too fond of how everything was put together, she looks so happy and confident – look at that pose! I couldn’t help but smile.