Runway To “All About Steve” LA Premiere – Sandra Bullock In Lanvin

Looking at Sandra Bullock walking the red carpet at the “All About Steve” LA Premiere last night, I really wanted to say something positive because she picked probably the most difficult dress from the Lanvin Spring 2009 collection.

The multi-coloured strapless cocktail dress has a navy skirt, with pleated bodice of red, purple and nude.

She took a risk like some many actress fail to do, but the risk unfortunately didn’t pay off.

In fact it went horribly wrong, and that was down to the styling.

Firstly the ankle boots were a ridiculous choice with this dress.

I said recently that I hate the ankle boot trend at the moment, and this look proves why because it makes Sandra’s legs look so short and stumpy. A nude pump would have elongated her legs, as would a pair of pointy pumps.

Then I move onto the hair.

We all recognise this hair. This is the type of hair we sport when we just woke up or finished working out at the gym. This is not red carpet hair to complement a complicated dress. It even looks matted in places. *shakes head*

I love Sandy B, but this is my least favourite red carpet look from her and it’s not the fault of the dress.

Don’t blame it all on the dress.

[nggallery id=164]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Visit Holt Renfrew & MuchOnDemand

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Visit Holt Renfrew & MuchOnDemand

14 Responses to Runway To “All About Steve” LA Premiere – Sandra Bullock In Lanvin

1. Tania August 27, 2009 at 10:15 #

Totally agree with you F.C a different hair style and shoes would have looked much better. It’s actually a nice dress.

2. ben August 27, 2009 at 11:08 #

the dress suits her, but what the hell? HOLY HOT MESS!

3. Pablo August 27, 2009 at 11:58 #

The dress is nice and edgy but she’s trully messed it up…

I don’t get the Ankle Boot Trend either!! No one looks good in them!! Maybe only top models with neverending legs!! ;)

4. Monkey August 27, 2009 at 12:26 #

Which crazy stylists are making these stars wear ankle boots? They are ok for casual looks I just don’t wanna see anymore on the red carpet!

5. Leo August 27, 2009 at 12:40 #

The hair is the bigger problem for me, it looks so messy but not in a “I did all this things for it to look like a did nothing” way, it does look like she’s just out of the gym or the rollercoaster.

6. Ally August 27, 2009 at 12:47 #

The ankle boots seriously need to go! Wear them with pants people, NOT red carpet dresses. And hopefully she didn’t pay someone to do that to her hair.

7. Catherine August 27, 2009 at 13:15 #

really not liking the ankle boot trend..they don’t look good on anyone (ok, well supermodels can pull them off but aside from them)
    i like the dress, but the styling’s a bit off as i don’t like the hair or shoes

8. Louisa August 27, 2009 at 13:54 #

As Catherine and Pablo have noted, it’s really only supermodels who are able to carry off the ankle boot trend… While this is probably true, I think that even supermodels look better when they opt for nude pumps or strappy sandals!!

9. justme August 27, 2009 at 14:06 #

I think the ankle boots actually work with the dress. An edgy dress needs edgy shoes lol. Sandra just doesn’t have the right legs to pull off that look.

But my main issue is the hair. It looks like she was taking a nap before the premiere.

• staramour August 27, 2009 at 15:14 #

I agree edgy dress/edgy shoe. I imagine this dress could have looked amazing with the LV Spicy shoes, something with a bit of color – there is even a version of the shoe in navy with purple and red accents. Sandra – wear it again with these shoes! (And DO YOUR HAIR!)

10. Mariana August 27, 2009 at 14:35 #

I couldn’t have said it better. I agree with each and every word FC.

11. heather ♥ August 27, 2009 at 16:07 #

she looks great… from the neck down and the knees up!

12. Rachel Marie August 27, 2009 at 20:44 #

Well look at you, Sandra B! I can’t hate, she is one of the sweetest actresses in the world and certainly no fashion plate. I applaud her bravery with this Lanvin dress and she has the figure for it. It is just a shame that she seems to have pulled it on thinking she was dressing for a quick Diet Coke-run.

13. isidoramaria August 27, 2009 at 22:15 #

I think that make-up,hairdo and ankle boots are the mistake. the dress doesn´t have the fault cause is so cute! i lov it