25.08.09

Nylon Magazine’s TV Issue Launch Party

Anna Paquin is NYLONs’ September 2009 cover girl and was the guest of honour at this event.

She arrived alongside actor Stephen Moyer wearing a Herve Leroux LBD with black peep-toes.

Her sexy pencil dress had a sheer plunging neckline and sheer long sleeves.

I would’ve preferred this dress to be sleeveless like the dress Megan Fox wore on Letterman.

AnnaLynne McCord also opted for a sexy LBD, but hers was a strapless Camilla and Marc Lotus Frock tulle dress.

I love the playfulness of this dress with the tulle skirt, which suits AnnaLynne as she always seems to be having fun on the red carpet.

The feminine frills were countered with a large studded belt.

I love the pops of colour which added a touch of tangerine and lemon fresh sunshine to her look.

Those of you who purchased the Zara Fall 2009 LBD with pointed shoulders look away now, as Aubrey O’Day might totally ruin this look for you.

The ex-Danity Kane singer wore the form fitting dress, with bright pink peep-toe heels, and shocking pink lipstick.

Apart from Stella McCartney, Jenna Dewan is the only person who has made the dreaded thigh-high boot not look tacky.

Maybe it’s the maroon colour or her ditsy print floral dress, but I really like how she worked these boots.

When I was looking at pictures of Katie Cassidy today, another blonde bombshell came to mind – Charlize Theron.

I’m not saying they look alike, but her hairstyle is very similar to how Theron styles her hair.

My ‘Flavour of the Week’ looked fabulous wearing a one-shouldered animal print Nicole Miller dress with a fan detail on the bodice.

I love the asymmetrical detail on the skirt and the unexpected raspberry Rock & Republic’s “Nika” pumps which brighten up the look.

Animal prints are not easy to pull off, but I think Katie does so very well.

Whilst a lot of people opted for black at this party, Madeline Zima wore a bright orange dress with pink tulle underskirt.

Her stand out dress was paired with a teal clutch and nude peep-toes.

Alison Brie wore an electric blue French Connection Fast Bonny asymmetrical dress which was very popular with UK soaps stars.

Grey accessories completed the look.

It’s Britney b***h.  No actually it’s a blonder Kristin Cavallari.

“The Hills” stars showed of her lighten ‘do as she walked the red carpet wearing a silver metallic cold-shoulder Elise Øverland Fall 2009 dress, paired with some black ankle boots and a black clutch.

I miss cute strappy sandals. Why do ankle boots have to be paired with everything these days?

Credit: London Features & Wireimage

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson - Comic Con 2013

Nina Dobrev In Matthew Williamson – Comic Con 2013

Intermix Warehouse Sale

Intermix Warehouse Sale

24 Responses to Nylon Magazine’s TV Issue Launch Party

1. Rebecca August 25, 2009 at 16:21 #

I’m surprised Heidi and Spencer Pratt didn’t attend this event to join her fellow D-list celebrities. My favourite here is Katie Cassidy, she’s really on top of her game.

2. mm August 25, 2009 at 16:31 #

Anna Paquin hair looks flat, no body at all was it pulled back or something? Anna Lynne Mccord has too many accessories on for me, to busy.

3. Louisa August 25, 2009 at 16:54 #

I agree FC, why do ankle boots have to be paired with everything these days?? The point of heels is to elongate the leg and these ankle boots have a truncating, block-ish effect. These girls may as well be wearing flat runners with their party dresses with regard to flattering the figure and overall look, in my opinion.

4. zoe August 25, 2009 at 18:18 #

i’m really loving kristen cavallari’s look. that ultra blonde hair really works for her. she looks so pretty and cool with the new hair, her makeup, her fun dress and i’m loving the ankle booties. ankle booties rock!

madeline zima looks really awesome and katie cassidy has a great ability to pull off tough pieces on the red carpet, and her face is always so serene. i like this influx of new stars onto the red carpet!

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 18:21 #

I know. They make up for the bore draws like Amanda Bynes

5. Nikki August 25, 2009 at 18:26 #

Anna Paquin isn’t wearing the right color…the dress washes her out.

I love Jenna Dewan’s and Madeline Zima’s looks. I also like Katie Cassidy’s outfit. Somehow she made the animal print dress with the hot pink shoes work.

6. Terry August 25, 2009 at 18:29 #

Anna Paquin is so different from all the other celebrities who attended the party! She’s lovely, has got her own style and doesn’t jump on the latest trends’ bandwagon like anybody else. Love her!

7. Ally August 25, 2009 at 18:40 #

I really like Anna, but her hair looks horrific here. Yikes. For the most part everyone looks pretty good, but my favorite is definitely Jenna. She styled that dress perfectly with that belt and those boots. Does anyone know who makes her dress?

8. Samantha August 25, 2009 at 19:24 #

Were is Ashley Roberts and Melody Thorton of the pussycat dolls

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 19:41 #

excuse me?

9. Sydne August 25, 2009 at 19:48 #

I agree FC, Jenna looks fab in those boots. And I hate that trend! I wasn’t as crazy about AnnaLynn as you were, but maybe it’s just her. I do love her Rebecca Minkoff clutch, though. It’s the same one Vanessa wore on GG (http://www.thinkthrufashion.com/2009/03/vanessa%E2%80%99s-neon-clutch-brightens-up-gossip-girl/)

10. Kim August 25, 2009 at 19:58 #

Katie Cassidy has been on fire this week!

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 19:59 #

riiighttt

11. Sari August 25, 2009 at 20:05 #

I think Samantha is talking about Emma Roberts, she was at the party (and she was cute).

I’m really bored with all this girls, except Katie Cassidy which makeup and accesories are perfects and Anna Paquin. I think Anna’s dress was amazing… a little dark but amazing. I’m not surprised she choose Herve Leroux, last time she won a Golden Globe ;). FC: her shoes are Jimmy Choo’s Poem

12. Rachel August 25, 2009 at 20:47 #

Oh dear, that French Connection dress looks dirt cheap- badly cut, nasty fabric…

13. Ariel August 26, 2009 at 02:46 #

Katie Cassidy for best dressed of the week !
    :D

14. Beatrice August 26, 2009 at 05:15 #

Not sure what Kristin is wearing but she doesn’t pull it off

15. mol August 26, 2009 at 08:20 #

Madeline Zima looks very french with her top knot hair style, and i love her teal clutch with her zingy orange dress – adorable!

16. daisy August 26, 2009 at 08:24 #

You forgot to include Ashley Roberts and Melody Thornton from PCD who also attended the Nylon event. For gods sake if you are including tacky Aubry O’day might as well include other attendes who actually dress better!!!

• Fashion Critic August 26, 2009 at 08:34 #

Excuse me, but you are being unnecessarily rude and your tone is so aggressive.

You are tell me I forgot, like it’s your decision who I write about, like you are my boss.

There were a lot of others there I didn’t feature Emma Roberts for example. I can’t feature everyone as all picture have to be paid for, and beside I don’t have to, so please don’t try to bully me into writing about who you want me to write about. There is no quota. I decide. It is my blog.

At the time of putting the post together those girls were not uploaded onto the picture agency.

Please show respect and stop being so rude.

• Melissa August 26, 2009 at 08:47 #

FC is right. Your comment was rude and totally unnecessary

There are 8 looks here. What is your problem?

• Flixer August 27, 2009 at 06:30 #

I find this new trend of people constantly trying to tell you what do do in YOUR blog quite annoying!

If you don’t like FC’s blog – go make your OWN!!

FC, you rock!

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2009 at 08:44 #

you are right it is becoming a trend, but it’s a trend I don’t quite understand.

thanks sweetie.

17. potteralltheway February 10, 2012 at 17:49 #

LOVE Jenna’s outfit she always dresses impeccably