Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Leighton Meester or Fan Bingbing

Leighton Meester’s avant-garde Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 psychedelic paisley print dress, which she wore to the ‘Costume Institute Gala’ had people split 50/50.

50% loved her bold unexpected choice.

50% disliked the look.

I was in the latter group, because I wasn’t keen on the matching leggings with this look.

Fan Bingbing wore the same dress last month to the grand opening of the Louis Vuitton flagship store in Shenzhen, China.

She proved to me that the dress works better without the leggings off the runway, and for that reason she wins for me. Plus I loved her hair and the black patent belt she wore with the dress.

Credit: Zuma Press, Style.com & Wireimage

Amber Le Bon In Peter Pilotto - Peter Pilotto Dinner Hosted by M.A.C.

Amber Le Bon In Peter Pilotto – Peter Pilotto Dinner Hosted by M.A.C.

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Carla Gugino or Eva Herzigova

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Carla Gugino or Eva Herzigova

6 Responses to Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Leighton Meester or Fan Bingbing

1. barbara August 24, 2009 at 00:38 #

i think leighton was making a statement with this look and i loved the guts she had to actually make this smart move. u definately don’t see blair waldorf when you loook at her in this and i believe she is taking giant steps towards an end that involves going through a risky, not safe or confortable, way. besides, i hate those who dress apologetically (which in my opinion is exactly what victoria beckham has been doing latetly and the exact point in which she is wrong) im all for personal and exciting choices and this definately was one.

2. Kathleen the Great August 24, 2009 at 00:52 #

Even ON the runway the dress would have looked better accompanied with basic black.

3. ruth Lee August 24, 2009 at 04:29 #

i feel dizzy looking at leighton’s outfit because of the leggings. for fan bingbing, wearing the tights shows off just how cute of a shape this dress is, and makes the black in it pop out more.

4. WendyB August 24, 2009 at 07:34 #

I like the dress better without the leggings but I miss the red lipstick with it!

5. Martin August 24, 2009 at 08:25 #

Fan Bingbing for me.

I do think that Leighton’s hair and makeup was exceptional at the Costume Institute Gala though. I thought it captured the flirty and youtful exuberance Marc Jacobs was going for with this collection. The leggings were a little too much for me to take however, so Fan Bingbing wins it.

6. Ally August 24, 2009 at 14:45 #

The runway leggings are just so ridiculous and clearly something that should only be worn when looking at a collection. If Leighton had just left them off, she would have been one of the best dressed at the Costume Institute Gala.