Runway To “Celebration” Video – Madonna In Balmain

I love Balmain. As a result I’m obsessed with anything with shoulder pads.

Thankfully the high street have embraced the bold shoulder to fuel my current addition.

I have Zara’s Balmain-esqe blazer, a few H&M’s Balmain-esqe dresses, and a few Topshop padded tops.

You would think that because of my love for Balmain, I would go gaga over Madonna wearing a Balmain Fall 2009 bejeweled dress in the video for her new single “Celebration”.

I didn’t, because frankly Madonna bores me and she has done for a long while.

The last single of hers I liked was ‘Human Nature’, and that was back in 1995.

It was a smart move for her to wear a Balmain dress to cause a stir in the fashion world as Balmain is so hot right now, but I still don’t like it on her.

Someone young and fresh like Rihanna would have been better suited to wear this dress.

Madonna’s dress is paired with Christian Louboutin Supre Fifre over-the-knee corset boots, which are the same boots Lindsay Lohan wears on the cover of the September 2009 edition of Elle UK.

I’m sure many of you will think she looks fierce, but I’m so numb to her.

Credit: Style.com & http://madonnasworldcom.blogspot.com

"Melrose Place" LA Premiere Party

“Melrose Place” LA Premiere Party

In Jennifer Aniston's Closet - James Perse White Racer Back Dress

In Jennifer Aniston’s Closet – James Perse White Racer Back Dress

23 Responses to Runway To “Celebration” Video – Madonna In Balmain

1. LeeAnn August 24, 2009 at 14:11 #

I am bored by her too but I hope that you don’t think that just because she isn’t twenty she can’t wear Balmain-the young and fresh comment re Rhianna-I like Madonna in this-she looks a bit like a Marilyn crossed with Dusty but am not crazy about the boots

2. lily August 24, 2009 at 14:40 #

I personally hate the look on her.
    Madonna is trying so hard to be young and cool and edgy- but for me her whole attitude screams desperation.

• marvel August 24, 2009 at 14:58 #

you’re right, it screams desperation!

3. Mimi August 24, 2009 at 14:42 #

Whenever I see her, I just think “Oh, put it away!”.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 14:44 #

ditto

4. robbie August 24, 2009 at 14:45 #

leave it to her to make an expensive dress look like a cheap knock-off. well done madonna you manage to look vulgar again. someone needs to tell her a woman in her 50s SHOULD NOT be wearing a mini dress and knee high boots, no matter how “hot” they think they are. plus the marilyn style hair really doesnt go with the “edgy” dress and boots.

5. ~**juDee**~ August 24, 2009 at 15:16 #

OUCH, FC! is all i can say lololol….. so do i take it that im the only one who STILL loves madonna after all these years??!!

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 15:32 #

I’m sure there are many others ;)

6. FelipeA August 24, 2009 at 16:17 #

Madonna takes the dress to a slightly comical place, i think. it makes me think of old superhero tv shows with the background colors. balloons with BAM and POW wouldn’t seem out of place. i’m as tired of her as you. FC, Human Nature is the video with the cornrolls and vinyl jumpsuit, right?

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 16:18 #

yep thats the video

7. Chiara August 24, 2009 at 16:35 #

What CD is Madonna promoting?

8. Matt August 24, 2009 at 16:54 #

She’s like one of those moms who tries their hardest to look cool but end up embarrassing their kids. How I adore Enya. She’s younger but you won’t see her acting like this.

9. Linda August 24, 2009 at 22:10 #

Snooooorrre. Boring. Annoying. Undignified.

10. Jimmy August 24, 2009 at 23:07 #

You all bore me with your inane comments. I doubt that any of you look half as good as she does and Rhianna is hardly fresh.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 23:14 #

Are you kidding????? She looks ridiculous and you know it.

She is so stretched and plastic, nothing is real anymore.

She was photoshopped to death on the Louis Vuitton campaign because even with all her surgery she STILL looks like a dried up old hag.

She just won’t grow old gracefully.

In comparison to Madonna, Rihanna is fresh.

• Matt August 25, 2009 at 01:38 #

But tell us how you really feel FC LOL. I do agree though, she looks very plastic. She would look better if she aged naturally. A little botox here and there is fine, but don’t go overboard. That LV campaign was frightening.

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 08:27 #

LOL I oops did I got into a rage then

11. ben August 25, 2009 at 07:02 #

I was kind of hoping that someone like Madonna with so much attitude could wear this dress amazingly, but with all that plastic surgery on her face, it’s impossible for her to show any emotion, let alone attitude.

12. Martin August 25, 2009 at 10:33 #

Boring and predictable. That goes for Madonna and the label she’s wearing. Sorry Fashion Critic, but Balmain is the most overrated and over-hyped label of the past decade for my mind.

There are so many other designers with infinitely more talent than Decarnin who struggle to get even the most basic exposure within the wider public consciousness but Balmain does a strong shoulder (for how many seasons now?), a bleached, ripped jean and a sparkly mini-dress and he’s all of a sudden a fashion visionary. Can’t say I’m surprised that Madonna has jumped on the bandwagon though.

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 10:38 #

don’t be sorry. I love those shoulder padded designs, but you are right there are many better designers out there without the hype he gets.

13. Cleopatra August 25, 2009 at 12:49 #

I agree. It’s becoming embarassing. Plus I think she cant dance to save her life.

14. Ixtla November 2, 2009 at 20:15 #

is the queen of pop

15. Angelica November 6, 2009 at 17:38 #

Are you all serious? I think Madonna looks great. You all are incredibly ageist. Oh well, Madonna will never stop, whether you like her or not! She’s the Queen of Pop and the most significant and iconic female to come out since Marilyn Monroe. So who cares?? I think she looks awesome, you all are just jealous that Madonna got to wear it first and that it looks great on her…LOVE the Louboutin boots and Karl Lagerfield gloves.