24.08.09

“Melrose Place” LA Premiere Party

After narrowly missing out on the readers choice Best Dressed vote, Ashlee Simpson arrived at the “Melrose Place” LA Premiere Party this weekend wearing a red and white Elise Øverland Resort 2010 printed mini dress.

The dress was accented with a black waistband and a black trim on the bodice.

To complement these details Ashley wore black peep-toes and carried a black D&G Micol clutch.

I would have like her shoes to be strappy, another than that this is another good look for Ashlee.

*Sighs*

Jessica Stroup is so cute. I always love what she wears and this is no exception.

The “90210″ actress opted for a sleeveless Jenni Kayne Fall 2009 silk cobalt blue cowl neck mini dress, which she paired with black Jenni Kayne sandals.

This girl can wear a bin liner and still look great. The colour is fab on her, and I just love the wider belt she wore with this dress.

Jenna Dewan is the least known to me at this event, but she does her best to change that by wearing a ‘look at me’ strapless Hervé Léger by Max Azria Spring 2009 grey dress with neon stripes.

She admittedly look great in the dress, which she wears with grey strappy sandals.

It’s official. I’m in love with Katie Cassidy.

She wowed me last week wearing Balenciaga, now she looks out-friggin-standing wearing a shimmering navy one-sleeved shoulder padded Brian Lichtenberg Fall 2009 dress.

I HAVE  TO OWN THIS DRESS.

I usually hate anything with one-sleeve, but as my chin is on the floor I’ll make an exception in this case.

The hair, the clutch, the dress, the shoes, the make-up. Everything is perfection. What a way to start the week. She leaves me breathless.

I feel a girl crush coming on.

Oh and no, I don’t think she’s wearing a bra under that dress.

She teamed her dress with Bebe Desiree leather caged sandals & Swarovski clutch.

Jessica Lucas’ gave us plenty of va-va-voom wearing a black leather Ina Soltani Fall 2009 dress.

The leather v-front strapless mini dress has a ruched waist detail which made the look more interesting.

Black strappy sandals completed her look.

Daphne Zuniga in the middle stood out from the trio of original cast members, wearing an electric blue Nicole Miller racerback cocktail dress with black sandals.

Josie Bissett on the left wore a LBD, whilst Laura Leighton on the right opted for a black halter-neck Elizabeth Mason Couture dress with a stand up collar.

“Melrose Place” was my life many years ago – as well as “Degrassi Junior High”.  I was devastated when it was canceled. I hope the new breed do it justice.

Credit: Wireimage & Style.com

Alexa Chung In Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton Fashion Night In Shanghai

Alexa Chung In Louis Vuitton – Louis Vuitton Fashion Night In Shanghai

"Extract" LA Premiere

“Extract” LA Premiere

32 Responses to “Melrose Place” LA Premiere Party

1. GRACE August 24, 2009 at 12:26 #

Jenna Dewan acted in Step Up and married her costar Channing Tatum (sob!).
    Is Katie C’s dress Balmain?

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 12:29 #

I don’t believe so.

• SydneyCheapChic August 24, 2009 at 13:20 #

Have to agree with the *SOB*!!!

I love Jessica Stroups outfit.. i want it!

I would want Katie’s dress to if I had anywhere to wear something like it…

2. GRACE August 24, 2009 at 12:42 #

Tell me when you find out! I love it @_@

3. Kelly August 24, 2009 at 12:46 #

Katie Cassidy — oh.my.god. She is just fabulous!! Her outfit has to be one of my favorites so far this year. That color is just perfect for her. LOVE!!!

4. FelipeA August 24, 2009 at 12:48 #

Omg, what happened to Josie? I always thought she was the prettiest one of Melrose, but now she looks like Paris Hilton chanelling Dolly Parton

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 14:36 #

Me too. She was always the cute blonde one.

Time has not been kind.

5. Flora August 24, 2009 at 12:56 #

Urgh! Ashlee’s dress is zebra print AND sequinned! Sorry, but that just looks cheap and tacky as far as I’m concerned, like something the Pussycat Dolls would wear. Also I feel she’s just one wave to the cameras away from a wardrobe malfunction. I do hope there’s a strapless bra under there keeping those babies locked up safe.

6. zzarazza August 24, 2009 at 13:06 #

On one of the photos Katie Cassidy reminds me a bit of young Sharon Stone in a good way. A stunner.

7. Terry August 24, 2009 at 13:24 #

Ashlee was carrying Micol clutch by D&G.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 14:32 #

good eye. I couldn’t see it from that angle.

8. Victoria August 24, 2009 at 13:38 #

I’m in love with Katie Cassidy too! Her dress reminds me of a pretty night sky with tons of stars. So pretty. :) Will you please include her in Best dressed of the week?

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 14:31 #

for sure :)

9. justme August 24, 2009 at 14:02 #

*sees Katie Cassidy*
    YESSSSS!!! I might get my revenge afterall lol.
    She was my favorite last week but most of the readers liked Sienna more. So I was really hoping for her next red carpet appearance to be awesome and she didn’t disappoint. Like you said, everything is on point -I really like her hair. BDOTW candidate, y/y?

My girl crush on Jessica Stroup is still going. I love that she plays it safe but never does boring. Amanda Bynes, watch and learn.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 14:30 #

KC is defo up for best dressed

10. worship-elle August 24, 2009 at 14:08 #

Please do a post on Miss Universe :)

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 15:13 #

that show is the tackiest show on earth.

I feel so embarrassed for the women who go on that show

So degrading

• Aideen August 24, 2009 at 20:42 #

i agree but this year heidi is on it, car crash city, going to youtube now to check it out fully, i hear there was very bad dancing, what more could you want?

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 20:46 #

I saw it, and I’m not sure how I managed to watch it to the end. Like you said it was like watching a car crash, you don’t want to look, but you can’t look away

11. Ally August 24, 2009 at 16:12 #

Katie Cassidy FTW!

12. ramona August 24, 2009 at 16:13 #

Wow Jessica Stroup is shining:x her look was the best for me;)

13. Fashionfrenzy August 24, 2009 at 16:40 #

OMG Katies dress is to die for! I’ve never left a post before but this dress left me so in awe i need to own it. Does anyone know who the designer is yet??? Please post when u do

14. zoe August 24, 2009 at 20:20 #

this was a well dressed event.
    like you i am reallllly loving jessica stroup. she’s really looking great everywhere she goes. she dresses very smartly. :)
    katie c looks good too. her style is original but not too obnoxious. she sure does like sparkle and interesting earrings.

15. Georgia Maude August 24, 2009 at 21:53 #

Josie Bissett looks like a tall Dolly Parton in that photo, and not in a good way!

16. Laura August 25, 2009 at 05:14 #

Ahh, I’ve had a girl crush on Katie Cassidy for over a year now!! Started when she first went on Supernatural. She does look absolutely gorgeous here! I’ve always been jealous of her hair. I want her hair.

17. suejin August 25, 2009 at 10:25 #

Jessica is so pretty and charming. I haven’t found one outfit I didn’t like on her!

18. Sara August 25, 2009 at 18:11 #

The original Melrose Place is my fav series ever <3 I love it in the same way I did when it was aired.
    From what I heard the new version isn’t half as good as the orignal and this is not a surprise for me. The cast is much younger, which I think isn’t good move because the new Melrose residents are almost the same age as Beverly Hills ones.

Katie Cassidy is definitely going to be new Amanda of the show, and I must admit that it’s good choice. She looked best at the redcarpet.

I’ve always hated Josie Bissett character, and now she looks worst than ever :X Hoped she wouldn’t returning.

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2009 at 18:17 #

I surprised the cast it so young. It’s more 90210 than Melrose Place. Melrose Place was more 30somethings.

Ashlee Simpson and co seem too young.

• Sara August 26, 2009 at 14:12 #

That’s my thoughts exactly.

19. Joana August 27, 2009 at 13:44 #

I was watching E! News the other day and katie was asked who her dress was by and I totally forgot what she said!!

20. Jade September 5, 2009 at 04:03 #

KATIE CASSIDY! AWESOME DRESS!!! the color works so well on her.

21. Christopher Teoh November 3, 2012 at 18:05 #

Personally, I’m falling head over heels with Jessica Stroup!! The “90210″ actress looks uber kawaii in this cobalt blue cowl neck mini by Jenni Kayne!! Love her wider belt and the cut out sandals which makes her a total knockout!!! Katie Cassidy wows us in this one shouldered navy sequinned mini by Brian Litchenberg!!Love the leather sandals and the heavenly makeup too— absolutely fabulous!!