21.08.09

Social Events Of The Week

GLSEN’s 2009 LA Respect Awards kick-off party, LA

We have yet another smile from Ginnifer Goodwin.  Maybe it’s because she knows she looks so cute wearing a Brian Reyes Dolman polo blouse dress from the Spring 2009 collection.

I love the Clark Kent hairstyle.

The Boathouse, London

UK singer Little Boots wore a strapless Basso & Brooke Resort 2010 dress when she performed at the Boathouse in London this week.

This gorgeously colourful dress with fold and structured details, has a black background unlike many of the other pieces from this collection which have a white background giving the pieces a cloudy rainbow sky feel to them.

Planet Hollywood, New York

Alexis Bledel made an appearance at Planet Hollywood in New York to promote her new movie “Post Grad”.

The actress opted for a Kimberly Ovitz Jacob jersey dress, which unfortunately revealed her pale bra.

Wear a black bra under a black dress. It’s simple mathematics.

H&M ankle boots were added to give her look a bit of an edge.

Post Grad Screening And Party, LA

She faired much better at the LA screening wearing a navy Sachin and Babi for Ankasa Resort 2010 draped dress embellished with black sequins.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

We don’t see Renee Zellweger for months and now she’s popping up everywhere promoting her latest movie.

The actress arrive at Letterman wearing an electric blue strapless dress with silver Louboutin heels.

I’ll take a wild guess that it’s by Carolina Herrera.

I wanted to love this because of the vibrant colour, but those fold details on the skirt really don’t work for me, especially on the long shot.

Her frizzy hair doesn’t appeal either.

Charlotte Ronson and JCPenney Celebrate “I Heart Ronson” Line, New York

Mischa Barton continues to party despite her recent troubles.

The actress – haven’t called her that in a long while – wore a black tank top with a colourful floral Topshop skirt.

To add more colour into the mix she paired her look with a hot pink twisted rope necklace her favourite Alexander McQueen pink strapped open-toe booties.

Hilary Duff adds a tribal print scarf to add interest to her t-shirt and leggings look.

Her look was complete with an Alexander McQueen Faithfull leather glove clutch.

When I see Sophia Bush at this event, all I can think of is ‘Why was she not invited to the InStyle Magazine’s Summer Soiree?’

That stylish event was right up her street.

The look is very shopping at The Grove.  For once Sophia is not doing it for me.

Credit: Style.com, Elle.com, Kimberly Ovitz.com & Wireimage

In Alexis Bledel's Closet - Kimberly Ovitz Jacob Jersey Mini Dress

In Alexis Bledel’s Closet – Kimberly Ovitz Jacob Jersey Mini Dress

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Stuti August 21, 2009 at 20:51 #

What has Renee done to herself? The other orange dress, I thought its just the angle. But here, she looks overly muscular and malnourished. Her legs! :O
    She used to be so pretty in Bridget Jones’. Where is the Renee of yore? :(

2. robbie August 21, 2009 at 21:02 #

ginnifer, a smile makes everything look so much better, and this proves it. she looks amazing!

little boots, cute dress but i am sick of these talentless wannabes everywhere.

alexia, the boots ruined the first look for me. they are too big for someone so “fragile”. second looks is great she is wearing jimmy choo “poem” sandals.

renee, gorgeous dress just not on her. why does she always look so uncomfortable in pictures? her poses and facial expression always look so awkward.

mischa, just a big old mess as usual. can someone get her a comb and a mirror maybe. i hope she doesnt weat those shoes like she did with her mad marys, the ones she hardly ever took off her feet.

hilary, im hating it even the scarf is horrid. although i am loving her elvis style lip.

sophia, the only good thing about this is her top its cute. i have grew alot more respect for her in the past few months. that being said i hate her boots!

3. Terry August 21, 2009 at 21:38 #

Hilary was carrying an Alexander McQueen Faithful Glove clutch bag.

Do you have more details about the twisted rope necklace Mischa was wearing? I KNOW I’ve seen it somewhere, but I cannot remember where/in which collection.

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2009 at 08:18 #

thanks

4. Kayla August 21, 2009 at 22:38 #

To be fair to Renee’s “frizzy” hair…it is SO hot and humid in NY right now :)

• Fashion Critic August 21, 2009 at 23:20 #

jealous….it keeps raining here.

It’s hard to figure out whether to put on sun screen or take an umbrella.

5. marvel August 21, 2009 at 23:47 #

Sophia looks great IMO but the boots ruin the look for me. Shame :(

6. Flora August 22, 2009 at 00:25 #

Like you, I really wanted to love Renee’s dress because the colour was so different from what she normally wears. I really wanted to wear the orange dress she wore earlier in the week too. But I’ve come to the conclusion that maybe it’s not the frocks, it’s just her! She just can’t pose properly in clothes and I’m so sick of that annoying pouty hamster face she does too. Britney She just always looks incredibly uncomfortable and awkward, as though she’s an eleven year old at her first grown up party and isn’t quite sure how to stand wearing a proper dress.

I do really like Alexis’s navy dress though, it looks very sophisticated, and it’s a great colour on her too.

7. Leo August 22, 2009 at 01:42 #

I’m so in love with Basso & Brooke right now, I wish we saw them gettin’ more coverage. The craft that go in all the prints make such special pieces.

• Fashion Critic August 22, 2009 at 07:33 #

I feel the same way

8. AlanaVictoria August 22, 2009 at 11:22 #

Its great to see Mischa back and all healthy. I think she looks great, I love the rope necklace.. Not too sure about the shoes however.

9. Maggy August 22, 2009 at 12:50 #

I absolutely adore Renée’s dress! I just wish she weren’t as skinny…

10. Martin August 22, 2009 at 13:16 #

Here I was just a couple of days ago saying that I was bored of Renee’s allegiance to Carolina and she comes out with this dress, which I think is quite impressive. I like the folds – crisp and sharp and measured – and it is meticulously fitted. But I do agree that she is one of the least natural posers on the red carpet. She should be a natural by now.

11. ~**juDee**~ August 22, 2009 at 15:59 #

oh my word, renee looks far too thin and muscular….its made worse by the fact that shes ever so pale….
    like victoria beckham, she needs to lay off the hardcore gym sessions and eat something. not forgetting a few hours laying on beach somewhere, which she can most definately afford.