21.08.09

Calvin Klein Collection Boutique Launch At Saks Fifth Avenue

Melissa George looked so elegant wearing a black one-shoulder Calvin Klein Fall 2009 with black strappy sandals from the same collection.

Unfortunately you can’t see the details of her dress in this picture, but from the runway you can see the layered detail which snakes around the dress.

Minimalist is that foundation on which Calvin Klein was built on, so Melissa kept her accessory’s to a minimum with a silver box clutch, earrings and a single bracelet.

Elettra Wiedemann also opted for a no frills look, simply wearing a black asymmetrical Calvin Klein Fall 2009 dress with a textured single buttoned jacket.

Black boots and a black clutch completed this beautiful simplicity, but I would’ve loved a dab of colour on her lips like Melissa.

We have a result!!!

Alexa Chung has finally taken my advice and washed her hair. Now only if she could do this more often.

The MTV presenter would have stood out in a sea of black dresses wearing a red Calvin Klein Collection Terall dress.

I love this bright red dress, which is made more interesting with her stunning silver necklace

Geez woman lose those darn booties with every look.

Credit: Getty & Style.com

In Freida Pinto's Closet - Chanel "Coco Cocoon" Bag

In Freida Pinto’s Closet – Chanel “Coco Cocoon” Bag

Runway To Eiffel Tower - Sienna Miller In Erdem

Runway To Eiffel Tower – Sienna Miller In Erdem

16 Responses to Calvin Klein Collection Boutique Launch At Saks Fifth Avenue

1. LeeAnn August 21, 2009 at 12:20 #

Alex should also lose the elephant necklace too. The necklace made it look like she was shopping, saw a dress that she liked, tried the look on whilst forgetting that came in other accessories.
    I think Alexa equates black boots with edgy. I bet she chose bikers boots as her first option and can imagine the conversation with the Calvin people over that choice.
    Nice colour though.
    ce though.

• Fashion Critic August 21, 2009 at 12:37 #

She’s does think black boots make her look edgy. Good point

2. LeeAnn August 21, 2009 at 12:26 #

Until that picture I have never understood the allure of Eleckktra W but she is very pretty when she smiles.

3. LeeAnn August 21, 2009 at 12:41 #

You know what the nicest thing about these pictures are-aside from the clothes? There is not a whiff of fake tan on anyone.

4. Ally August 21, 2009 at 12:57 #

I seriously thought that was a picture of Jodie Sweetin. I was wondering how she scored an invite to a Calvin Klein launch.

• Ally August 21, 2009 at 12:58 #

Whoops, should have clarified that I was talking about the picture of Elettra.

5. Mimi August 21, 2009 at 13:00 #

Chung has a dreadful posture. What is wrong with her feet, that’s what I’d like to know. Those booties are doing my head in.

And surely she could do something more with her hair (apart from washing it that is). She needs a makeover and fast!

6. Flora August 21, 2009 at 13:38 #

Sadly, I suspect the newly-washed shine on Alexa’s hair might be just the flattering effect of the camera flash. She was at another event last night in the same outfit and her hair looks like a bag of rat’s tails. Nice frock though. I just can’t help thinking it would have looked really amazing on someone like Zoe Saldana.

7. Martin August 21, 2009 at 13:42 #

Francisco Costa is doing some amazing work at Calvin Klein. His clothes look so simple, effortless and no frills but there is a real art and depth in his construction.

8. Hermione Weasley August 21, 2009 at 14:30 #

Melissa’s my favorite <3 Love the dress & shoes!

9. mimie August 21, 2009 at 15:32 #

Alexa looks gorgeous, love the dress.

10. Adam August 21, 2009 at 16:26 #

Melissa George is such a stunner! Love that dress. And Elettra W is so fresh and natural…god bless her for not need to put on a bunch of makeup! And I’m with LeeAnn, amazing to see celebs without fake tans. Can we call it a trend or is it just NYC?

11. mol August 21, 2009 at 16:43 #

With the incredible cut and minimalist details of these dresses, any excess in accessories (including fake tans) would spoil them. That’s why Alexis spoils her dress, IMO, that and her hunched forward posture – too bad.

12. Rachel August 21, 2009 at 17:24 #

Praise the Lord: she picked up the Pantene. I bet she reads this blog, FC. The red CK is a big improvement on the white though neither the neckline or shoulders do much to flatter her swan-like neck. And white diamonds (diamante?) with a gold elephant pendent?

13. marvel August 21, 2009 at 17:51 #

Hey FC Alexa wore the exact same outfit to the i Heart Ronson foundation. Does she own any clothes. Anywho, Sophia looked great

• Fashion Critic August 21, 2009 at 17:55 #

it was the same night lol