Runway To Music Video Shoot – Monica In Alexander McQueen

The Alexander McQueen Fall 2009 collection was created for one person – Dita von Teese.

The structure and the nipped in waists are all traits which we immediately associate with the burlesque star.

Last night Keri Hilson, Chris Brown, Omarion and Monica were on set to shoot a music video in LA last night.

Monica wore black knee high boots, light denim jeans, a black tank and an Alexander McQueen houndstooth folded jacket.

Monica is beautiful, but I’m only loving this look from the waist up.

This jacket so beautiful but she cheapens it by wearing it so casually.

Dita would have rocked it with the matching skirt, or a black pencil skirt with ridiculously high Louboutin’s arching them in that strange way that looks so painful and I would have swooned.

I don’t feel like swooning to this look.

You can buy this jacket from Net-A-Porter’s US site for $3,650, or the Net-A-Porter International site for £1,815/€2,130.

Credit: INFevents.com & Style.com

Celebrities Love...KAIN Label

Celebrities Love…KAIN Label

Who Wore Catherine Malandrino Better? Catherine Malandrino or Christina Hendricks

28 Responses to Runway To Music Video Shoot – Monica In Alexander McQueen

1. jojo August 20, 2009 at 18:48 #

Ho she look good but i see right it’s the women beatter ?

2. Ally August 20, 2009 at 19:16 #

Wow, way to make McQueen look like the inevitable cheap knockoff that H&M, Target or some other mass market place will make in about two seconds.

3. mol August 20, 2009 at 19:59 #

Oh yes on Dita rocking it – too sad re the way it looks here

4. WendyB August 20, 2009 at 20:18 #

That jacket is divine. Hey, I’m doing a runway-to-hotel lobby post later today, inspired by you!

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2009 at 20:31 #

interesting. Can’t wait to see it :)

5. Rachel August 20, 2009 at 21:01 #

Methinks jeans in such a pale wash were a bad idea.

6. Terry August 20, 2009 at 22:06 #

It doesn’t even look the same jacket.

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2009 at 23:15 #

?!?!?!

7. Parvati August 20, 2009 at 23:22 #

I really like the way Monica wore this jacket!

8. Terry August 20, 2009 at 23:26 #

If compared to the jacket seen on the model, the same jacket seen on Monica looks completely different.

9. SarahV August 21, 2009 at 01:03 #

Looks like the same jacket to me… The houndstooth skirt on the model makes it a tad more difficult to see where the jacket ends and the skirt begins, and it gives the illusion of a longer jacket methinks.
    Plus, the sleeves of Monica’s jacket are not visible in this photo because her arms are behind other people.
    This is the same jacket. It mainly looks different on Monica because she’s not as stick-thin as the runway model.

• Terry August 21, 2009 at 07:32 #

It looks so different because Monica is not as thin as the model, that’s right, but also because she made the jacket casual, wearing it with jeans and knee-high boots.

10. Martin August 21, 2009 at 08:32 #

There is something so completely and utterly WRONG about teaming this masterfully-created jacket with a pair of skinny jeans tucked into knee-high boots. It doesn’t only cheapen it, such a combo quite simply destroys it. This ensemble is breaking my heart. All money, no class.

• Fashion Critic August 21, 2009 at 08:34 #

that’s my mum’s favourite saying, All money, no class

• Martin August 21, 2009 at 13:14 #

Ah, seems I’m in good company.

11. TREATMENT28 August 21, 2009 at 08:58 #

I understand what everyone is saying. And I disagree with the “All money, no class” comment strongly. I love this jacket. I like it on Monica and on the model. Monica paired it up with light denim and Gucci boots. Which did make it more young and edgy! Not my favourite choice but Monica makes it work!!! I am just glad that your style is evolving and I hope to see her more often on Red Carpet Fashion awards…and hopefully in a more positive light :) Monica sticks with a look and style that is very fashionable but causal (a lot of jackets, skinny jeans, and heels/boots) I love Monica and just would like her to step out of her comfort zone and be more daring with her fashion and color! :)XOXOXOXOXOX

• Fashion Critic August 21, 2009 at 09:36 #

thanks for your comment, but please can I ask in future for you to not write the whole comment in caps. I have changed it on this occasion.

Caps appear to be very aggressive and it feels like you are shouting

12. Amanda August 21, 2009 at 18:45 #

damn… I haven’t heard about Monica since like, the ’90s

• cutiepie August 24, 2009 at 04:54 #

Oh really so where have you been then?

13. Mslexy August 24, 2009 at 00:52 #

I think she looks great!!!! Monica is the queen of jackets !

14. sofie August 24, 2009 at 04:23 #

Now I am not fashion forword so here is my take. Monica is beautiful, I guess she wore the jacket how she felt comfortable wearing it, and I guess she can afford to wear it how she wants to.

15. cutiepie August 24, 2009 at 04:53 #

Hey i ain’t mad at the way monica wore the jacket she looks flawless as always

16. nunya August 24, 2009 at 05:24 #

Monica looked good. Thats too much damn patter to be wearing the skirt too. The jacket was enuf and she did a good job making it look casual (NOT CHEAP)! Her style is A+!

17. kaykay August 24, 2009 at 17:04 #

Monica looks good. What did u expect her to do, wear that damn shirt it aint that serious. Monica rocks, the way she walks is pure model fierceness. Any way look out for the new Monica album comes out later this year and the new show on B.E.T. She will be sanging @ the end of each of the 8 episodes. So Alexander McQueen better be glad, Monica did him a favor, I want that jacket to & would buy it of Monica

18. kaykay August 24, 2009 at 17:31 #

LOL, I still want that jacket. I will find a way 2 make it work

19. jarrell August 24, 2009 at 20:21 #

love it on Mo. She wearing it her way fashion isnt made for everyone to wear things just a like. She is rocking tht coat.

20. MISSTHANG August 24, 2009 at 22:21 #

monica is such a classy and talented chick……lovin your style these days, keep doing u mami!