Renee Zellweger Promoting “My One and Only” Wearing Carolina Herrera

Renee Zellweger was inducted into the Hall of Fame on ‘Vanity Fair’s 70th Annual International Best-Dressed List’, which I think was well deserved.

I love Renee. She always wears Carolina Herrera, yet it never becomes boring or stale mostly because the dresses are modified to suit the actress chic style.

She once went a whole year only wearing strapless dresses, but she mixes things up a lot more now.

On Saturday she attended a special screening of her new movie “My One and Only”, attended by Marc Jacobs, Jon Bon Jovi, and Tory Burch.

Renee looked radiant wearing a Carolina Herrera Resort 2010 halter dress, with a silver floral print and a silver sash on the waist.

The dress of course has been modified from the runway, as we’ve come to expect.

Her dress was paired with silver strappy sandals.

Yesterday Renee started off her day with an appearance on ‘Good Morning America’.

The surprised thing here is not the large orange Hermes Birkin – because orange was one of the main colours used in the Carolina Herrera Resort 2010 collection – the surprise is that her grey pencil dress with a tie detail on the shoulder was not modified. It’s straight off-the-rack. *shock*

Renee looked relaxed teaming her dress aviator sunglasses and nude heels.

Despite being romantically linked to Bradley Cooper, Renee arriving solo for the special screening of her movie in New York last night.

Wearing a figure-hugging off-the-shoulder Carolina Herrera dress with a jewel waistband, Renee looked every inch a Hollywood star on the red carpet.

I love the dark taupe colour of her dress paired with her nude heels from earlier in the day. For me she’s head-to-toe perfection.

“My One and Only” Friday, August 21.

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin, WWD, Steve Eichner & Wireimage

Who Wore Azzedine Alaia Better? Zoe Saldana or Doutzen Kroes

Who Wore Azzedine Alaia Better? Zoe Saldana or Doutzen Kroes

Diane Kruger Promoting "Inglourious Basterds" On Alexa Chung & David Letterman Shows

Diane Kruger Promoting “Inglourious Basterds” On Alexa Chung & David Letterman Shows

15 Responses to Renee Zellweger Promoting “My One and Only” Wearing Carolina Herrera

1. Pablo August 19, 2009 at 10:17 #

A very neat Carolina Herrera brochure… ;)

No, seriously… she does look great in all three dresses!! Particularly loving the last dark one (BDOTW candidate?) :)

• Fashion Critic August 19, 2009 at 10:40 #

oh yes. Love the last one

2. Martin August 19, 2009 at 10:52 #

I remain immune to the allure of Renee Zellweger, even after all these years.

Yes, she always looked immaculate and groomed to perfection but she generates so little excitement from me. I think it probably has a lot to do with the fact that she only wears Carolina Herrera. She might be becoming a little more adventurous in her choices but she still only sticks to one label. In that sense, when there is a big event coming up or she is on the promotional trail, there is never really any anticipation about who she will wear and whether she will choose something unconventional or out-of-the-blue.

Immaculate, but predictably boring.

• Chiara August 19, 2009 at 16:52 #

I totally agree. I wonder about this love story, I never saw a celebrity stick to one designer like that… Even the ones that promotes the brands sometimes… Anyway it seems to work out so anyway…

• Agenda August 22, 2009 at 06:46 #

who cares? Although immaculately dressed a bit bony n skinny

3. Flora August 19, 2009 at 11:32 #

Completely agree with Martin. It’s been far too long since I saw a pic of Renee and went, “Wow, I wasn’t expecting that!” Her hair’s always the same as well, and the dresses are always dead-on knee-length for premieres or floor length for awards shows. There’s just so little variation or interest. And she’s just so damn bony, like a shivering little greyhound, it makes me want to throw a blanket around her.

4. Rachel August 19, 2009 at 12:25 #

That Birkin is devestating.

5. princess August 19, 2009 at 12:31 #

I do think the grey pencil dress was modified very slightly. The horizontal line indicating the waist was shifted a tad higher. This is after much staring at the pictures to determine if that line was simply a crease or a seam.

6. Marcela August 19, 2009 at 12:36 #

yes, she’s a little bit boring, but i love her! All three dresses are elegant and chic, perfect for her. I specially love her silver sandals and her orange bag.

7. Ally August 19, 2009 at 12:57 #

The dresses are lovely. The last one is a little too bridesmaid dressy for me, but she still looks godo in it. Now if only we can get her to do something with her hair!

8. marvel August 19, 2009 at 14:38 #

She looks great but she always looks like she just ate a sour lemon! Plus she is getting rather skinny!!

9. ZzaRaZza August 19, 2009 at 14:50 #

I like the gray one the most . The bag seems to be larger than needed but the color is very juicy.

10. mol August 19, 2009 at 14:51 #

A & B, yes; C, no (something to do with the proportions of the dress to her figure, or maybe the more awkward pose)

11. SarahV August 19, 2009 at 15:41 #

Not really adventurous or unexpected, but I love all three looks, especially the second one.
    I didn’t think I’d like an orange bag with nude heels, but it works awesomely well there!

12. Jenny August 19, 2009 at 21:53 #

It’s understandable that someone can be attached to one designer in particular but Renee is taking it to a new extreme.

Hopefully Beyonce wont be come this attached to Balmain.

Love all the looks though.