18.08.09

On The Gossip Girl Set With Taylor Momsen Wearing Elie Saab

Here’s ‘Little J’ aka Taylor Momsen wearing another high-end designer on the set of “Gossip Girl”.

Many of you were very confused on the last post with Taylor wearing Emilio Pucci.

Confused because ‘Little J’ is a teenage girl from Brooklyn, who father is a down and out artist.

She stole from her friends mother closet because she couldn’t afford designer clothes, now her she is wearing Pucci and Elie Saab?

The confusion is understandable.

I’m guessing the stylists on the show have upper her designer threads quota because isn’t she now living with Lily van der Woodsen on the Upper East Side?

I’m sure when the show airs the mystery will be solved.

This week Taylor wore her sparkling Elie Saab Spring 2009 dress with a knot detail in the front, with Elizabeth & James elastic wedge sandals and her Ray-Bans which wears all the time.

Her dress was lined from the runway version to make it more age appropriate.

[nggallery id=158]

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland - 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' LA Premiere

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland – ‘Sin City: A Dame To Kill For’ LA Premiere

Who Wore Azzedine Alaia Better? Zoe Saldana or Doutzen Kroes

Who Wore Azzedine Alaia Better? Zoe Saldana or Doutzen Kroes

14 Responses to On The Gossip Girl Set With Taylor Momsen Wearing Elie Saab

1. Ally August 18, 2009 at 18:42 #

Ok, normally I refrain from commenting on someone’s size b/c we all go through phases that are perhaps not terribly healthy for us and I’m sure it is even worse when you are on a show with a bunch of glamorous girls. But her shoulder is about to poke someone’s eye out! The dress is litterally falling off of her b/c it needs more than a clothing hanger to hold it up. Even the model is holding it up better and I’m sure she is tiny!

2. robbie August 18, 2009 at 18:43 #

yet another gorgeous dress that she ruins. why does she seem to insist on having that hideous bleached blonde hair, god this girl has no originality she is just a clone of debbie harry.

• marvel August 18, 2009 at 20:33 #

I know. She was soo pretty in Season 1, with her long honey hair and know she looks like Courtney Love.

3. Kim August 18, 2009 at 20:18 #

She looks a mess!

Debbie Harry! LOL

4. marvel August 18, 2009 at 20:32 #

Hey FC, I don’t think that the ‘people’ on the show knows that she is wearing high end clothes because if you remember in the prom episode, she created serena’s Dior dress and took credit for it. This suggests that she ‘makes’ the clothes on the show when in actual fact its high end. I maybe wrong but that makes sense and would explain how the poor girl from Brooklyn wears Elie Saab

PS I don’t think she borrowed money from Lily as Rufus wouldnt allow it (he didnt allow it for Dan’s college money). I know I rambled on a bit, but I’m obssesed with the show. lol

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 20:52 #

Oh yes. I forgot about the Marchesa prom dress

Now it all makes sense

5. Rachel August 18, 2009 at 21:44 #

I love Elie Saab but am put off by the way the dress is teen-ified here with cheap accessories. Takes the sheen off it for me, as J-Lo did your Jil Sander dress, FC. Perhaps some attempt at making it look more Brooklyn?!!

6. worship_elle August 18, 2009 at 22:15 #

Such a gorgeous gown, Ellie Saab a master. BUT WTH .. she ruins that image complety. She can not carry off a Ellie Saab. She should stick to theheavy make up and rocker outfits..

7. Boeshane August 18, 2009 at 22:43 #

This dress is stunning, and this time, it doesn’t looks that bad on Taylor. But it isn’t as divine on her as on the model.

I still hate the hair and I’m not fan of the bracelets and necklaces (it just makes the dress looks “cheap”), but the shoes are nice.

The glasses suit her face, but, I don’t know why, they annoy me.

8. Camila August 19, 2009 at 01:56 #

Taylor, I hate you.
    First season: Little J
    Second Season: Rock J (i can’t remember the nickname HAHAHAH)
    Third Season: Hippie J?

The dress is not good on her. Period HAHAHA

9. Hilary August 19, 2009 at 02:51 #

There’s no way Lily WOULDN’T buy her soon-to-be-stepdaughter new designer clothes. The van der Woodsen’s are a very generous family. Even Serena got Jenny a dress for her birthday last season. So it is pretty plausible that she’ll be upping the fashion stakes this season.

10. ella August 19, 2009 at 08:37 #

the dress is another amazing elie saab dress but taylor ruins it with her bracelets and sunnies

11. Mare August 19, 2009 at 15:46 #

I love Saab…she totally ruined the dress

12. Aly August 19, 2009 at 18:14 #

Most of the average viewers won’t notice how expensive it is. Especially since she makes it look so cheap.